A question about Healer tactics

illu

Part of the furniture
Hi all

There was an instance this evening when there were 3 middies (my healer, another healer and a SM) vs 3-4 Albs at the top of a keep.

After we had attempted to mezz the Albs - they became immune to it eventually, and we had the situation where I was trying the mezz and spreadheal to keep the group alive, but was getting interrupted quite a bit, and the other healer had an alb on him and the SM had 1-2 albs on him.

I think I instahealed the group, but then the other healer died, then 1 alb died but was rezzed quickly, then the SM died, then I died.

Would the best course of action of been:
1) Run around and spreadheal where you can
2) MoC? and heal/try mezz
3) use the long range spell as an interrupt (Amnesia?)

What choices have you got if you have someone beating on you?
or What choices do you have if you are being interrupted?

Also what is the best way to deal with the Alb monster rezz? I was getting loads of nasty dots on me and it was stopping me casting spells....

Once a target has their mezz broken - do we become simply interrupting/healing machines?

Any advice/tactics appreciated :>

Oli - Illu

WiiWii

Loyal Freddie
try using your single target root also that you get in pac line. You could root the monster rezzed guy if mezz immune :)

Nate

FH is my second home
one of the healers wouldnt be needed to be anywhere near the albs, you have quite a bit of range on group heals/spread heals. if you die, go up a little and egg res, come back down and try again..he could fop and stay on first floor whilst you and the sm are ontop. once you'd mezzed you should have killed one of them and had it a bit more undercontrol, you also have root and stun on healers..you should be using them if they are immune to mez

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
There was an instance this evening when there were 3 middies (my healer, another healer and a SM) vs 3-4 Albs at the top of a keep.

In order to help visualise the situation here, were you attacking them or were they attacking you.. i.e. who started on top of the keep.

illu said:
After we had attempted to mezz the Albs - they became immune to it eventually

Rule 1 of mezzing, and something very few people tend to get.. mezzing something isn't always a good thing. After you've mezzed something they are immute to it for a minute.. sorcs are good at the trick of mezzing stuff well out of nuking range.. while it's cool they are mezzed, you both stand still for a minute then they have the advantage of immunity. Use the mezz to gain an advantage at the right time, don't just spam it on anything moving in small group fights.

illu said:
I think I instahealed the group, but then the other healer died, then 1 alb died but was rezzed quickly, then the SM died, then I died.

What happened here is they won the interupt war.. whoever interupts the enemy group is going to win.. If you get interupted move.. it may sound very simple but lots of people just keep trying to cast the spell in the hope one of them will get through. If you got interupted, the chances are in 2 seconds time your going to be still interupted if your in the same place.

illu said:
Would the best course of action of been:
1) Run around and spreadheal where you can
2) MoC? and heal/try mezz
3) use the long range spell as an interrupt (Amnesia?)

If you've not got moc3 then as soon as you hit it you'll be unable to keep people alive.. when you use a low level moc your an interupt bot for it's duration, if your going to moc, do so to interupt the other group while your second healer keeps you alive.

illu said:
What choices have you got if you have someone beating on you?

If you've got someone beating on you as a pac healer you've got 4 instant CC spells. If they are immune to these your only option is either to mace something, this at least interupts something of the enemy's while your tied up, or kite it.

illu said:
or What choices do you have if you are being interrupted?

Get uninterupted, in keeps simply move round corners until you find somewhere you can cast.

illu said:
Also what is the best way to deal with the Alb monster rezz? I was getting loads of nasty dots on me and it was stopping me casting spells....

Option A, find a warlock to frog snare them.. this removes the monster effect nicely.
Option B, mezz or root the monster.. A monster will never have any CC immunity when it's raised, CC it then move out of range of the dot.. wait for monster form to run off then instagib the fool on 1% life.
If your fighting a group that has a heretic try to also make sure you kill people out of sight of the heretic. It may sound obvious but nuking someone to death in plain sight of the tix means your going to have a monster chasing you. Doing it on the top floor of a keep where the tic can't get to them to rez removes the problem completely. In zergs it's not going to be possible, in small fights it's doable..

illu said:
Once a target has their mezz broken - do we become simply interrupting/healing machines?

A healers job is to interupt the enemy and keep your group alive, you've got a huge range of tools to do it tho.

illu said:
Any advice/tactics appreciated :>

Don't forget you've got 3 types of CC, roots, mezz and stun. Try to remember what you've used on who to keep as much stuff CC'ed during a fight as possible (don't stun tanks!! you'll either give them slam immunity, or let them spam tendrils). The huge range ammnesia also doesn't break CC, so once you've mezzed the enemy start spamming that on them straight away. That means when the enemy purges they can't cast spells or demezz until they've moved out of your spam radius. If tanks break free try to root them as fast as possible, then move back to spamming ammnesia until you need to start healing. Also remember that anyone rezzed doesn't have immunity so mezz rezzed people as fast as possible.

illu

Part of the furniture
Thanks for all the helpful hints :>

Oli - Illu

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Positioning is key as a Healer, and that's both tough to learn as well as to teach. You need experience, experience, and more experience. :)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I'd say, grab you big-ass 2handed hammer, cast celerity and run in and teach them a thing or two about messing with a healer! Pah!

illu

Part of the furniture
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I'd say, grab you big-ass 2handed hammer, cast celerity and run in and teach them a thing or two about messing with a healer! Pah!

hehehehe
My pac healer hits so soft, it's embarrassing :>

Oli - Illu

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:

Oli - Illu

well, yes basicly since you can't really do dmg, what's left to do other than heal and interrupt? :) but don't forget that you also got access to stun and root.

Nate said:
one of the healers wouldnt be needed to be anywhere near the albs, you have quite a bit of range on group heals/spread heals. if you die, go up a little and egg res, come back down and try again..he could fop and stay on first floor whilst you and the sm are ontop. once you'd mezzed you should have killed one of them and had it a bit more undercontrol, you also have root and stun on healers..you should be using them if they are immune to mez

totaly agree. the two healers should not be at the same place so they can be easily interrupted.

i agree to most what golena wrote but at least when i tried Amnesia i'm pretty sure it broke mez (doesn't break root though). i also find that since Amnesia has to be spammed to be effective it drains your powerpool to much to be worth it in most situations. however the single target amnesia is a really great tool for locking down a caster. something i should learn to do more often but i rarely have the time to do it.

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
2 healer and one caster isnt exactly the coolest trio anyway :(

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
pjuppe said:
i agree to most what golena wrote but at least when i tried Amnesia i'm pretty sure it broke mez (doesn't break root though).

Anyone who knows a definate answer to this? I was 95% sure it didn't break mezz when I used to spam it on classic.

pjuppe said:
i also find that since Amnesia has to be spammed to be effective it drains your powerpool to much to be worth it in most situations.

It shouldn't have to be spammed as in hold the button down spammed to be effective. The cast speed on it is insanely fast but casting it once every 2 seconds should interupt things nicely.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Golena said:
It shouldn't have to be spammed as in hold the button down spammed to be effective. The cast speed on it is insanely fast but casting it once every 2 seconds should interupt things nicely.
It needs to be spammed. Amnesia doesn't trigger the interrupt timer, it just cancels the enemy's current spell. This means they can start a new spell a millisecond after you canceled their previous one. Against a 2.5-sec delve loltapper, you're going to have to spam a lot.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
It needs to be spammed. Amnesia doesn't trigger the interrupt timer, it just cancels the enemy's current spell. This means they can start a new spell a millisecond after you canceled their previous one. Against a 2.5-sec delve loltapper, you're going to have to spam a lot.

That's true if your your groups only interupter.

In most full groups you'll have several characters performing interupts.. What you need to do is provide some additional ones to ensure they don't get casts off between the banelords/shaman disease etc.

I'd rather a group interupted 90% of the enemy casts and had power when needed, than interupted 100% and ran out of power 20 seconds into the fight..

Most good players will also when interupted move, meaning you have the time while they are running to location X you don't have to be casting at them.

statued

Loyal Freddie
if ye were on vent and on top of keep i would suggest jumping down to small hallway way oil is and farm there as doubt ye could of taken 4+albs since they did have an monster rezz;p

about dealing with monster rez just single line mezz him hes monster timer will be up before mezz fades and then he will be on 5percent :d

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom