a question about emote spamming..

northernmonkey

Loyal Freddie
what is the minimum amount of emote's that a player can get away with, as in malicious emote spamming even if that player who is emote spamming believes they have the right to do it, or even believes they are in the right for doing it?

i like to do the occasional emote spam in rvr and i always do them in pve while on raids etc but only inline with the conversation in group/gu/bg/as chat.

i have seen a few incidences recently and was just wondering if there is a so called 'line in the sand, across that line you do not'?

Ryo

Fledgling Freddie
northernmonkey said:
what is the minimum amount of emote's that a player can get away with, as in malicious emote spamming even if that player who is emote spamming believes they have the right to do it, or even believes they are in the right for doing it?

i like to do the occasional emote spam in rvr and i always do them in pve while on raids etc but only inline with the conversation in group/gu/bg/as chat.

i have seen a few incidences recently and was just wondering if there is a so called 'line in the sand, across that line you do not'?

Why do you have to know. Cant you just stop it, considering there are people who are annoyed by it and goa explicitly punishes people for it ?

Imo thats like going to the police and asking: I heard that even though 50km/h is the maximum velocity on street x, the stationary radar trap will only catch you if you go a little bit faster - can you tell me how much faster I can go before I get fined ?

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
hard to say what the line is .. ive know of people geting baned with as little as 5 emotes ..

id say one or 2 after a fight and youll have no problems tbh

Ryo said:
Why do you have to know. Cant you just stop it, considering there are people who are annoyed by it and goa explicitly punishes people for it ?

the emotes are in the game for us to use so no stupid we cant just stop it...and tbh /rude @ javiro once a day helps me sleep better at night

as you can see its 6am ......... i didnt find him yesterday :(

Gamah

Banned
Ryo said:

Imo thats like going to the police and asking: I heard that even though 50km/h is the maximum velocity on street x, the stationary radar trap will only catch you if you go a little bit faster - can you tell me how much faster I can go before I get fined ?

Lol I love the analogies people come up with.. "emote spaming is like genocide!"

Waspic

Fledgling Freddie
Ryo said:

In Denmark it's legal to drive 10% faster than the speed limit allows :touch:
/Wasp

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Best way to find out - first day spam someone once, next day twice, 3rd day 3 times etc and continue until you get banned> This will give the information you need to know that the amount you did prior to getting banned is probably the amount of times you are allowed to emote +1.

Though once your ban is over I suggest repeating the experiment to allow for any fluctuations / not being reported earlier / GOA letting you off the first time. You may find the ban comes earlier the 2nd time, so you may be best once returning after your second ban in trying it again just to cross reference the earlier results.

If after the 3rd ban the amount of emotes used for each ban differs then a 4th emote spam session is in order and rinse n repeat until you have definative results and answers - which if you don't mind - you could post on here and let the rest of us know :)

northernmonkey

Loyal Freddie
Ryo said:

i dont emote spam anybody with malicious intent, for example i only use emote's when im kinda roleplaying with items like the 'Albion Stine/Mug'.

i was asking if there was a minimum amount as i have seen peeps do a /rude to another player, and that other player threatening them with being banned....

what gave you the idea i was the emote spammer?
and why did you compare it to a police radar trap?

its a simple question and if you didnt know the answer all you had to do is either;
a) not post
b) post saying sorry mate i dont know

without actually going through this process although i can see the logic in it,

evzy said:
Best way to find out - first day spam someone once, next day twice, 3rd day 3 times etc and continue until you get banned> This will give the information you need to know that the amount you did prior to getting banned is probably the amount of times you are allowed to emote +1.

Though once your ban is over I suggest repeating the experiment to allow for any fluctuations / not being reported earlier / GOA letting you off the first time. You may find the ban comes earlier the 2nd time, so you may be best once returning after your second ban in trying it again just to cross reference the earlier results.

If after the 3rd ban the amount of emotes used for each ban differs then a 4th emote spam session is in order and rinse n repeat until you have definative results and answers - which if you don't mind - you could post on here and let the rest of us know :)

does anybody actually know, i think i recall somebody saying anymore than 3 /emote can get you banned...

i was just wondering, thankyou for your help

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I dont think they would give you a set level of emotes before they ban you dude... otherwise everyone would push it to the limit wouldnt they.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I believe its 3 times, but I could not swear to it, personally i'll only emote someone twice to be safe.

However personally I only emote people who are being complete assholes or cowards ingame, i.e running away, walk-through abuse / cheating or chasing me with a zerg at 2 am in the morning.

Ryo

Fledgling Freddie
northernmonkey said:
what gave you the idea i was the emote spammer?
Actually you wrote it yourself:
northernmonkey said:

northernmonkey said:
and why did you compare it to a police radar trap?
Why not ? Its a fitting analogy. Emotes are not wrong, driving a car is not wrong. Emote spamming is wrong, speeding is wrong.

Identical principle, although some people (like the "genocide" comment person) arent smart enough to spot the similarities that such an analogy intends to point out. I never said doing emotes is bad (just as driving a car isnt bad).

Britin

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
10% +2 MPH in the uk, we win ;)

...is the correct answer :worthy: officially the limit is the limit but to allow for the inherent discrepencies in speedometers ACPO allow 10% +2, however you will find that the allowable tolerance on the base offending criteria will vary from force to force. :puke:

and spamming is for nerds imho :twak:

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
i askt GoA about this part...3-4 isent calld spam so thats np...over 4 in a row fast after ech 1 is spam and will be banned if reported

Corran

Part of the furniture
Dwali said:
i askt GoA about this part...3-4 isent calld spam so thats np...over 4 in a row fast after ech 1 is spam and will be banned if reported

Yet i was told 10 emotes and above is classed as spam and below that is fine. Guess it may depend on the persons reputation to a degree though, maybe if GoA see them as a wanker they will more happily ban them :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom