A positive thread about Alb RvR

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
First up, if you want to whine, stop reading right here. Yes, that means *you*.

OK, now that's over with. I was reading through the AD bashing thread and thought that it might be a good idea if AD, FC, and the other guilds who do well in RvR would post some ideas that the rest of us, the shall we say less committed gamers, could also use. What group line-ups work, and what doesn't work? How do you effectively beat a PBAOE box? And other stuff like that.

I *don't* want this to turn into a whine, whether it's about zergin/l33t d00dz/whatever - positive stuff only please.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
bb's+

sorc (high mindspec)
mincer (50 instruments)
cleric (40 rejuv 36 enhance)
cleric (40 rejuv 36 smite/enhance))
pally (not 2h)
merc
merc
theurg/merc

---or

sorc (high mindspec)
mincer (50 instruments)
spirit cabby
spirit cabby/body sorc
body sorc
body sorc

---or

sorc (body/mind)
mincer (50 instruments)
ice wiz
ice wiz
ice wiz
theurg

(not sure tbh but something like that?)

Use pets/interrupts etc and just kill people.

Most important of all though:
* Don't use a bloody cg, or at least don't use it to jump on every hib/mid that sticks their face in emain.
* Make a semi fixed group if possible, know the way your friends play and remember if they're good or run around with a stlong 2h avalonian paladin that doesn't assist.
* Go 1 or 2 fg ;/
* Don't add on other fights, just go around them. You can whine and say 'ohh but we get no rps now' but by zerging you aren't exactely getting many rps. And the people you zerg (your rps), won't be too happy to come back if you zerg/add constantly.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
TBH you need one cleric with 37 enhance.

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
If you want less whine's in response, wouldn't the thread be better off in the Albion section, rather than general RvR ?

Just a thought...

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
TBH you need one cleric with 37 enhance.

I'm not the alb here, why is that? Get a buffbot to do that, don't waste 100% rez for for anything in enhance :/

edit- ok just saw its a better energy resist... hmm.. still think 100% rez > 8% more energy resist

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Dweller said:
If you want less whine's in response, wouldn't the thread be better off in the Albion section, rather than general RvR ?

Just a thought...

I thought about that, but then again... Mids and Hibs can contribute too (see VF's post above). Whether they'd actually want to tell Albs how to better kill them, I don't know! :)

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
Gordonax said:
First up, if you want to whine, stop reading right here. Yes, that means *you*.

OK, now that's over with. I was reading through the AD bashing thread and thought that it might be a good idea if AD, FC, and the other guilds who do well in RvR would post some ideas that the rest of us, the shall we say less committed gamers, could also use. What group line-ups work, and what doesn't work? How do you effectively beat a PBAOE box? And other stuff like that.

I *don't* want this to turn into a whine, whether it's about zergin/l33t d00dz/whatever - positive stuff only please.

What people can start with, is getting spellcrafted gear, and good weapons.
After this, experience helps alot. There are still many unexperienced players, who dont know how the mastery of concentration gfx looks like.

Others than that, get some friends together that you like you play with, and they with you, and rvr together. Form a team from this as a starter.
Talk alot how you should counter your enemies, what minstrel should do if you win mezz, and what he should do if you dont. Be very hard that assisters follow the ma. dont be afraid to tell people that they are doing wrong.

you cannot outperform a guildgroup that has played together for eternity and knows each and everyones action. (maybe if you're mid and have 3 savages).

It's like what common "sport/hobby" is.
You cant be a mediocre pingpongplayer and expect to win versus the best you can find. With hard training, knowledge and experience you will.

my cents

laaken

Banned
Vodkafairy said:
I'm not the alb here, why is that? Get a buffbot to do that, don't waste 100% rez for for anything in enhance :/

edit- ok just saw its a better energy resist... hmm.. still think 100% rez > 8% more energy resist

8% resist vs 16 % resist is like being whipped over your ass wearing thongs vs being whipped over your ass wearing a pair of strong laeder hosen.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
what swords and tinysaid.

theurgist is the key char to killing pbae groups or interupting healers.
w/o him things can get a bit ugly.

as for the rej/rest smite bit i dont agree. high smite=large power drain.
so i speced 45rej for last instants. 10smite for pbae smite first ae smite for low power drain but still good interupts. and 28enha for ok battle rezz buffs and bases.

sorcs need to know how to use root and amnesia and ofc mezz properly too.
and a pally taunt/guard/end "bot".
tanks assisting each other helps too.

not killing soloers helps from getting jumped. some mid/hib soloers will even stop adding on you after leaving them :) not all tho...

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
laaken said:
8% resist vs 16 % resist is like being whipped over your ass wearing thongs vs being whipped over your ass wearing a pair of strong laeder hosen.

You're the alb, if you say so I'll believe it :p

Aeicaan

One of Freddy's beloved
Just ask AD,FC,TB (Not GoL or that spaniardguild) what setups they use and try to go from there, those guilds allways put up good fights and fun fights to even if we loose..

laaken

Banned
Seriously now, the bb idea isn't realistic.. creates too much DT, which I know we have way too much of already.

laaken

Banned
Vodkafairy said:
You're the alb, if you say so I'll believe it :p

You're just trying to lure people into using less potent energy resists you devious beast. Give up the power relics!

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
laaken said:
You're just trying to lure people into using less potent energy resists you devious beast. Give up the power relics!

I'll gladly give up the power relics and receive the str ones instead. That will be like nightshade heaven :D

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
judas said:
what swords and tinysaid.

theurgist is the key char to killing pbae groups or interupting healers.
w/o him things can get a bit ugly.

What kind of spec should a theurg have?

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Tharion said:
41ice 35earth is best RvR spec imo.

could some airspecc add hasteb00f maybe? ~~

im no alb so i dont know xDD

Judde

Fledgling Freddie
I havnt played in an alb castergroup, just played with our tankgroup.
But as an tankgroup vs a PBAEboxgroup the most important thing is to have the box interupted by sorc/mincer/theurg and perhaps even clerics. And for that you need to fuck the pets thats interupting our support(mincer job mainly)

And have tanks assisting good and try to change target to skipp the guardbot and have the paladin there slamming guardbots and casters(very important to slam the mocing caster) But also they have a guardbot slamming our tanks and blocking the offensive slams from the paladin. So moc + a slammed tank w/o purge = pain.
And many asks why tanks charge the box?, Because the debuffnuking aint something you want, many hibbies underestimates that :p
So you need to charge box and start hitting casters + our support interupting the box and their support, But it's all very complicated because they also got warden and bard + all the friggin pets after GP, interupting our support. And it all can turn very fast.
But like i said, the main key to win is interupts from our support.
Facing a hib pbaegroup is the hardest setup to win against if they play flawless as DH :wub:

Bet i missed alot, correct me :p

bult

Loyal Freddie
i agree with Tiny, the MAIN thing a good gankgroup needs is to be able to talk about thier misstakes. Too many players get worked up when you tell them something they might have done wrong. like "Maybe we shouldnt have hit that bard there and focused on the casters? :p" and the MA goes like "I know how to play this game kthx i played since beta you cant tell me how to play".

Discussing WHY you lost is the key to success, learning from mistakes.

Anyway imo the best setup for alb is

1 theurg 41ice 35 earth
1 sorc 44 mind 31 body
1 mincer 50 inst xx
1 paladin 42+ shield 42+ chants (imo 50 shield 42 chants 39 slash)
2 cleric 1 with atleast 10 smite one with ~37 enhance
2 merc

vs PBAE groups the sorc need to stay at 1800ish range and spam AE mezz or amnesia to stay away from the dps debuff (1500 range insta interupt) maybe move in from time to time to debuff. the theurg spams pet/AE root clerics can spam AE smite minstrel AE mezz and kill pets. Paladin goes offensive slam duty mainly and the 2 mercs need to keep assisting VERY tight and change target OFTEN if the enemy got a good guardbot and good healers.

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
Vodkafairy said:

whats better:
an alive merc in pbbox, or
a 100% ressed one unbuffed and ressick, and with 26% energy =]

nol

Fledgling Freddie
get out of your epic, it's basically a sign that reads "kill me easy".

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
imo interrupting box helps keeping group more alive then actually healing
because preventing it with ae smite on one of the littul luwi casters make them unable to do their dmg and if they moc you just have to push insta heal/ insta grp and start spread because then your aesmiting isn't gonna help :/

I even use stun on the small luwies if i have time to do that in mid combat when im interrupting/healing.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Tinyheals said:
whats better:
an alive merc in pbbox, or
a 100% ressed one unbuffed and ressick, and with 26% energy =]

This is why im 37 enh 39 r :p

Missing on 100% rez is a pain but if your good you woulnt be needing to rez that many people (the fish always dies at least once)

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
bb's+

sorc (high mindspec)
mincer (50 instruments)
pally (not 2h)
merc
merc
As far as group setup goes, this is the basis of the majority of FC groups.

It's not enough to say that the Paladin should not be 2h. He must have a minimum of 42 Chants and 42 Shield, for the highest endurance chant and slam.
As RvR stands at this time, the preference is for the Mercs to be Slash and/or Crush.

The final spot can then be filled by a number of different classes, each of which has their pros and cons against different enemy group setups:

Mercenary: Increased damage output, but doesn't add a huge amount to the overall utility of the group. Fights against PBAE groups can be tough without the additional interrupts that other classes can provide.

Armsman: As for the Mercenary.

Reaver: A Reaver who can time the twisting of their PBAE chants to interrupt enemy PBAE groups is a very useful person to have around. The AF debuff pulse and slam are very nice whatever you're fighting, so make sure you have someone who /assists!

Friar: Additional base buffs, nice extra resists and a hard hitting tank as long as he isn't mezzed! My view here is probably highly coloured by the fact that the only Friar I usually group with is the highest RR Friar in the world...

Necromancer: ABS debuff has tanks everywhere drooling over the amount of damage they're doing. The only problem is making sure that the pet gets demezzed quickly.

Cabalist: It's always fun to give FotM Mid groups a taste of their own medicine by spamming them with disease. However, unless they're quite canny about keeping a low profile, they're generally fodder for Savages :(

Theurgist: Unmezzable pets (great for interrupting healers) and AoE interrupts make the Theurgist a very useful class against all opposition. Like all cloth casters, they're just fodder for Savages if they let themselves get noticed.
Be warned that some Theurgists (mentioning no names) find this all quite boring and prefer to nuke the crap out of Kobolds and Lurikeen at every opportunity... :rolleyes:

Wizards: A Fire wizard is preferrable in this group setup, as having a single Ice-wizard charge into the midst of an enemy group is like sending a lamb (albeit a well armed lamb) into the lion paddock at a Safari Park. Providing they can keep themselves out of the way, a Fire wizard can inflict some serious damage on the enemy and provide AoE nukes to interrupt PBAE cells.

Minstrel: A second Minstrel is useful as and additional interrupter. And the comedy value of unleashing a fully buffed mindworm on an unsuspecting healer should never be underestimated and makes it worhwhile running with a second Minstrel every now and then just for giggles. :p

Cleric: A third Cleric can also be successful. You can either take a 40 Enh Cleric for better resists, or a 41 Rejuv / 35 Smite Cleric for additional damage output and interrupts.

As has already been mentioned, you need to be able to discuss (preferably in a rational manner) what you think went wrong after a loss - and also what you did differently that won a fight for you. Logging off because you've been killed a couple of times will do nothing for you. Try to learn from your mistakes and try to do better next time around.

Anyway, that's enough of my rambling for now. I might post something about tactics later, but then again I might not... I don't want to give anything away to the enemy! ;)

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
As far as group setup goes, this is the basis of the majority of FC groups.

As RvR stands at this time, the preference is for the Mercs to be Slash and/or Crush.

which is not totally true if not entirely false.

if u r fighting a mid grp, their support is thrust week hence thrust works just as good.

if u want to take out savages first, which imo is stupid without a theurg, can work if u have a theurg, tho a theurg here is the most important thing. then slash/crush.
but as for chain and their support thrust is better.

vs hibs id have to say slash, not crush seing as scale is heavyly slash weak.

but as for casters, which , still, most hib grps have again it dont really matter.
so in general id say all speccs r valid, seing as all have their good sides and weaknesses.

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
imho every grp setup got his chanses of winning/outting up a good fight
what defines a good grp is teamplay, taking care of your own members, looking after your support, assisting and interupting healin/CC/DD/Pbaoe classes

albs dont have tanks who cant 2shot alot of classes nor do they have strong pbaoers, albs need good teamplay

ofcurz you need some base base healing and CC class

afterall its about having fun

mids and hibs have very competitive grps roaming around
so sometimes you need to zerg the shit out of them :)

keep it up albs
and keep in mind that fotm isnt the key for winning/having fun :)

see what happend to mid with all their fotm grps we surely dont wanne end up like them dont we?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
The final spot can then be filled by a number of different classes, each of which has their pros and cons against different enemy group setups:
u forgot the 2nd sorc setup, which can also work REALLY well ;)

Ase

Fledgling Freddie
Aeeican
<Random Roleplayers>
Slikatel Slanvakten rr7lx Warden
Aeicaan Scaryspice rr7lx bm

Aeeican another retarded in Excalibur ?
Plz can all racist and retarded leave Excalibur . Ty

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom