A non-shit DLNA server for nas.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Does one exist?

Must be able to handle: multiple audio track selection, and subtitle selection.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Without needing an external .srt, and playing to a device ( not a pc )?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Also while most will transcode, very few will give you the option to select your transcode options ahead of time, to select a different audio stream ( universal media server is great for this, but it's a pain to setup as a headerless install on a nas ).

As a WORST option I can run UMS on my pc when I want to do that, but I'd rather just set everything up on the nas, but nothing actually does what I want it do.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Without needing an external .srt, and playing to a device ( not a pc )?

I think it depends on the device; you do need an .srt for Chromecast, but I'm not sure if you do with other dlna devices. I've not really tried with my telly. I use the Synology videostation app to run movies and tv to the tv (I could use plex as well as it has an app for that, but there's not really any point). The music app definitely has multiple track selection and playlists, but tbh I rarely play any stored music these days since I got signed up to Spotify.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Plex media server offers multiple audio selection for definite, and uses equipment profiles to determine what gets transcoded, and to what. A lot are predone, but you can make your own too if necessary.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I use the direct play feature on plex installed on my Synology NAS to stop it transcoding, as stated it also has audio stream selection as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom