A new star is borne

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by C0ngo

Loyalist - One who maintains loyalty to an established government, political party, or sovereign, especially during war or revolutionary change.

Loyalist is as Javai says however the name that one side of the Terrorists in Northern Ireland are referred to .

Did a search for Loyalist on the BBC's site

http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/results.pl?tab=news&scope=news&q=loyalist

Sure this isn't what Finster was intending when starting a Guild, but if there Colours are Black with Orange Cloaks then maybe I'm wrong. Keep an eye out for Bowler hats and Umbrellas as well.

Congo

This is such an anal comment - it is surely obvious that Finster wasnt making any real life reference here through choice of guild name. It is a game, and it is only when people bring comments such as this into it that offence can be caused. As someone who comes from a family that is largely Irish and catholic, I can assure you that I take more offence at people trying to make cheap points for their own reasons than to what was obviously an innocent choice of name for a guild in a game. As for SilverHood's comment, no there is no irony at all. This is a game. Please keep it that way.

Now, can we please get back to defeating hibbys and middys...

C

c0ngo

Originally posted by Bracken

Congo

This is such an anal comment - it is surely obvious that Finster wasnt making any real life reference here through choice of guild name. It is a game, and it is only when people bring comments such as this into it that offence can be caused. As someone who comes from a family that is largely Irish and catholic, I can assure you that I take more offence at people trying to make cheap points for their own reasons than to what was obviously an innocent choice of name for a guild in a game. As for SilverHood's comment, no there is no irony at all. This is a game. Please keep it that way.

Wtf r u on about ? Read the post you quoted and the whole thread, if you can't see I'm taking the piss out of the people who mentioned the Loyalist link, I suggest you reread it. And, oddly enough, the orange/bowler hat/umbrella bit is also me taking the piss, check the shops in Cam they don't sell them :p

Well I come from the same Irish Catholic background as you appear to and the name doesn't bother me at all and until the there were posts here linking it to 'Loyalism' the thought hadn't even crossed my mind, neither of them posted by me either I think you'll find.

The link is to show those people who post here the sort of thing 'Loyalist' is associated with. I know all of the people that set up the Guild in the 1st place and I know that none of them come from the UK, nor do a good proportion of the people that read this board, and I have absolutely no doubt that there name was chosen without any of them having the faintest idea of any other meaning associated with the word.

The Guild was formed when it broke away from Royal Bavarians when the Guild had some problems so it's a fairly ironic name if you look at a dictionary definition of 'loyalist' which is the only serious point I was attempting to make.

Suggest you might also read my post and the one directly before yours posted after Finster said they were intending to change the name.

Although I think the majority of ur post is rubbish I do agree with your comments about SilverHood's post though.

O

old.strondor

Sad to see the end of the RB's .I had always been impressed by their organization and presence on the battle field. Glad to see, however, that it is effectively rising from the ashes in the form of your new guild. ;)

The name "Loyalists", however, is perhaps extremely ill advised. Given that albion = great britain and hibernia = ireland I fear this name is extremely offensive to most players (regardless of their rl location) and introduces an unpleasant undertone to a game that is supposed to allow escapism from the depressing politics and current affairs of real life.

Best of luck though, and see you out there ;)

B

bracken_woodman

Congo

Your original post read to me like some posts that we see making cheap points, so apologies if it wasnt, (guess it was late when I read it)... and btw bowler hats can be bought on the black market in camelot, just have to hang round the forge and do a secret handshake, apparently...

Regards,

O

old.Finster

Vae Victis

we placed the matter on rightNow! and took a new tag.

we ll be known and feared by the tag <Vae Victis>, the roman adage meaning 'Woe to the defeated!.'

VV will be small at first, but we make up in dedication and experience. dedication and determination are our hallmarks and any middies out there who remember Avarkr and Bledmeer will know we have extreme endurance at need.

/salute and service to the realm

Finster, GM
<Vae Victis>

O

old.Odysseus

And the star has fallen.

Licker, Alosiana and Tomask left the guild to form a new. Good luck btw :)

Finster and Hedonism have deleted and gone to midgard. I look forward to xpkilling you guys ;)

This leaves Posh, Vile, Celt, Kantz and my self in Vae Victis.
We have no intention of making this guild expand, and will soon dissolve it.

A

Arthwyr

Sorry to hear the guild had such a short lifespan.
I just hope that the players who do stay on albion don't terminate their accounts due to these unlucky events.
The ones that do leave to another realm i can only wish the best of luck.

Arthwyr Pendragon
GM <Exiled>

O

old.DachraK

Changing guild won't help u stop dying...perpaps change realm? :D

O

old.Odysseus

If i changed to hib, i could not kill u dach.....

And changing to mid is simply out of the question, i cant stand the company of all those trolls and their inferior intellect.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by SilverHood
anyone else see the irony in a guild called "loyalists" fighting in Emain Macha (a real place in Ulster, Northern Ireland))

:m00:

I always like seeing the ancient places as they are now... was down in Worcester recently and thinking 'Hrm Camelot's just down the M5 from here'

Cool link: (third thing you get if you put 'emain macha' into google)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/bytime/ni/emain_macha.shtml

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by fingoniel

I always like seeing the ancient places as they are now... was down in Worcester recently and thinking 'Hrm Camelot's just down the M5 from here'

Hmm a Hibby (your champion char is on pryd tho I take it?) in my home town? Have to have a word with the guards on the gate...
Btw, if you were in Worcester mate you may have noted that Ludlow is only 30 odd miles away... not that I'd recommend a visit, it is highly dull, although the castle is nice :)

O

old.Odysseus

In the darkest hour a new hope came.

Vae Victis will continue, based on the friendship of the founding members.
We are working on a new constitution, the webpage is up and ppl are very positive.

Administrative setup:
GM, structure and alliance: Odysseus
Recruiting: Celt
Votemaster: Kantz
Web: Vile

Other members are Posh, Legeri and Nez.

Friends of existing members will join within a few days.

VV has joined Albion United today.

ALL REJOICE !!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom