A new star is borne

O

old.Finster

Tonight I stepped down as GM of <Royal Bavarians>. Ludwig has taken my position, i wish him well in his difficult job.

Some trusted friends have founded a new guild with me. From now on, we will terrorize Emain and take relics under the flag of <Loyalist> forces.

Recruiting is only done during sunday guildmeetings. We will be a mature and dedicated guild with focus on RvR and socializing. Constitution and manifesto will be upped to the web shortly.

I will field a new alliance to take control of emain and regain our lost supremacy.

Cheers, i m drunk and i m celebrating my birthday.

Finster, <Loyalist>

O

old.syana

Hey boys, congratulations with your new guild. :clap:

Glad I could help you start it...

Now go kick some hibies asses...

BTW sorry I had to leave your guild so fast but you guys were way below my level .... :p

oh and happy birthday (does being drunk help to avoid assassins CS?)

O

old.Lonewolf

Loyalist rings Irish propaganda to me! :clap:

K

Khalen

Grats with your birthday Finster. I hope the new guild will help making raids easier...

P

Pfy

Originally posted by Lonewolf
Loyalist rings Irish propaganda to me! :clap:

Heh, the same thing popped into my head ...

Anys, grats on the new guild and good luck with it.

Oh yer, Happy Birthday too ;]

O

old.Paranoid

happy birthday,

best of luck with the new guild...

Hope all turns out well for you,

keep us updated!

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Good luck with ur new guild finst.

Count Raven Claw in on anything you need help with!

S

starblade

Congratz Finster on the birthday and the guild.

Tho I only joined in one raid leaded by your awesome deep purple presence :) it was a well organized and well lead raid which I very much enjoyed.

Hope the new guild kicks butt the same way but it will undoubtedly do :D

O

old.Nix

Good luck with the guild, but I think u should of put more thought into the name as some people might find it offensive, which I'm sure u didn't mean =/

J

Javai

Belated Happy Birthday and Good Luck

Perhaps its worth explaining the name thing for non-English viewers?

'Loyalist' is the term used to describe one of the terrorist factions in Northern Ireland (they are the group who wish to remain part of the UK hence the loyal bit, the Protestants if you want it in religious terms), this is probably not a name widely known outside the UK but the name may cause some offense to UK based players

Anyways despite that I wish you luck and are we allowed to ask how old that makes you ;)

C

c0ngo

Strange choice of name in view of the way the Guild was started but there you go

Loyalist - One who maintains loyalty to an established government, political party, or sovereign, especially during war or revolutionary change.

Loyalist is as Javai says however the name that one side of the Terrorists in Northern Ireland are referred to .

Did a search for Loyalist on the BBC's site

http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/results.pl?tab=news&scope=news&q=loyalist

Sure this isn't what Finster was intending when starting a Guild, but if there Colours are Black with Orange Cloaks then maybe I'm wrong. Keep an eye out for Bowler hats and Umbrellas as well.

P

Pfy

Originally posted by C0ngo
Strange choice of name in view of the way the Guild was started but there you go

Loyalist - One who maintains loyalty to an established government, political party, or sovereign, especially during war or revolutionary change.

Loyalist is as Javai says however the name that one side of the Terrorists in Northern Ireland are referred to .

Did a search for Loyalist on the BBC's site

http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/results.pl?tab=news&scope=news&q=loyalist

Sure this isn't what Finster was intending when starting a Guild, but if there Colours are Black with Orange Cloaks then maybe I'm wrong. Keep an eye out for Bowler hats and Umbrellas as well.

Heh, please tell me there'll be no marches/stand offs in Cotswold! :/

O

old.ygdrisil

Gratz on the birthday mate..

See u on the battlefield.. (or not as we might be wreaking havoc in deep enemy territory when u play with the keeps :) )

D

Dalby

Originally posted by Finster
do we ? <concerned look>

look at the smiley m8 ;-)

but it will be better, i think (& hope :) .. with a good organized rvr guild
(you know that that is the problem.. good organization .. not the nrs :)

O

old.Finster

i m sorry to hear we re ringing the wrong bell here with some UK players.

no relation whatsoever is intended. if i get sufficient feedback to the topic i will of course ask CSR to change the tag to our specifications.

whatever the outcome, loyalty at base bears a good notion and we chose to be loyal to excalibur server, realm and ourselves.

K

Khalen

If I didn't have a guild and m8s ingame I would have joined yah but I think I rather stick to my guild who is growing like weed all of a sudden. Many new players and some old friends just joined. I think I can say we are the biggest NL / BE talking guild on the server :)

O

old.BJ|Bored

psst khalen them boots u gave me are now at 70% :p

maybe i shoulda worn summat cheaper ;)

O

old.Odysseus

Thx for all the welcomes.

We are looking into getting that name changed. Hope its possible (within a RightNextYear span of time).

O

old.BJ|Bored

If you like the name then keep it ;)

Anyone offended by that names use in a game isnt really worth worrying about.

S

SilverHood

anyone else see the irony in a guild called "loyalists" fighting in Emain Macha (a real place in Ulster, Northern Ireland))

:m00:

N

Novamir

I was wondering if it was possible to have an even duller emblem than the royal beavers one.. well finster you surpassed yourself :rolleyes:

O

old.Finster

ok we _Will_ change it. the fuss isnt worth it and we re not short of good tag ideas...

I

infozwerg

<Imbecile>

Nice one, isnt it? But nobody but me liked it.

T

tilde

Good luck what so ever your tag will be, ur still the same guys for me ;)

O

old.chipper

lol looked at celtic fists emblem l8ly :p then again most hibby emblems are of damn trees or bunny rabbits and shit like that but it doesnt matter what the emblem looks like cos youll always be lying face down when they come near :p

C

c0ngo

Originally posted by Finster
ok we _Will_ change it. the fuss isnt worth it and we re not short of good tag ideas...

I'd keep it.

Guess a fair bit of thought was put into choosing it in the 1st place and you weren't to know the way the word has been used to represent a grp of terrorists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom