A new challenge...

A

Apocrypha

If any of you are interested in playing the game a little differently, I recommend doing what I've done with my artisan on Infinity and make a character that is *completely* non-violent. It adds a whole new dimension to the game, especially when you have harvesters with aggro camps nearby... Rush in, do everything as quick as possible, and then rush out again. I only tried it to see if this game could *truly* let you be non-violent, and happily, so far, I've found that it holds to the promise that you don't have to fight at all if you don't want to. Granted, it means I can't really take up tailoring, because the economy is still wildly out of synch on Infinity, and the market is full of scammers, (3000 credits for a couple of hundred hide?? Don't think so matey!) so if I wanted hides, I'd have to hunt and harvest them myself... Which kinda defeats the object... But I'm sure when the server's settled down and gets a population like Chimaera and Farstar that buying resources from the bazaar will become a bit more viable.

Anyhow... Like I said, if you're looking for a new challenge, or just a different look at the game, fire up a server you haven't played on and give it a try :) Throw away those CDEF weapons and say with me... "I'm a man of peace!! I'm done killing!!"

N

Nightchill

I've had Artisans approach me and ask if I could put a group together to clear aggressive mobs from near their harvesters; a step in the right direction :)

D

darbey

Thats how i started my toon, as an artisan/droid engineer/weaponsmithy however have to say i did get bored eventually, dont spose it will suit everyone but everyone should have a crack at being a crafter.

C

Codus

You mentioned a 3000 creds for a few hundred Hide...This may actually be the going rate! I can hapilly sell 200 HIGH quality bone on Chim for anywhere between 1500 and 2000 creds and the sell within hours.

Another possible alternative is group with a hunting party, let them harvest and GIVE you the resources on the cheap. They still get the scout exp and a guarenteed sale! You get the resources...

N

Nightchill

which brings me to the question, who uses Leathery Hide? I've got a few thousand units of oq975 stuff and a few hundred units of oq991.

A

amuse

Any1 on FarStar interested in 9k scaly hide page me, i had 18k, but put some oute on the bazzar for 2 creds/unit. will sell the rest for 1.5 cred/unit if i get an answer fast :)

Anyways, u can just group with a hunting party, and have scouting skills (cant exaclt fight with scouting skills exept traping, and u dont need to lvl in traping;) ).

if they dont want to grp, just say that u will bye all theyr hide etc for a cheap pric, if that doesnt work, screw them, go find another party that is willing to help u :)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

My character on FarStar - Ackvit - won't fight sentient humanoids, except in self defence, so is limited to killing beasties. Most of his hunting is done solo, though, as it's pretty hard to get a group of people with the same principles.

T

Tenko

I use wooly hide to get in the good books of armourcrafters :)

I'm currently farming the stuff and selling it to one armourcrafter at a relatively low price, just to build up a relationship where I can pester her without feeling guilty! :)

A

azvero

I used to be master entertainer and master musician, just a socializing char ( for as far thats possible in a game).. but that life was to much of playing the same tone over and over again.. so I started to drop entertainer and only master musician and rifleman.. :) suits me well.. altough pure fighter class isnt bad either :)

Users who are viewing this thread