A new beginning in US

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Well, me and my friend are gonna start playing again, in usa. Server unknown yet, but wanted to let some people know if you want to try it out for some kicks. I can think of worse things to spend few dollars on. Sadly, WAR wasnt what we hoped it would be, not yet anyway. Meanwhile..

Let me know if people are interested and we could try to join up :D

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm interested, although I'm having trouble with payment at the moment, I don't have a credit card and I it's not accepting my debit card.

I also can't find a prepaid game card anywhere :(

What Realm/Server are you thinking of going on?

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Ah.. think he was talking about daoc pre-paid cards ? Don't know if those excist.

As for the server, 1 of the Devon cluster and maybe mid because they get the most bonuses to xp etc. Hib is open for discussion too.

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
I got my account up and running, used a different debit card and it worked.

Let me know any news of the server you decide on.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
If its ToA servers there's only 2 clusters atm - devon and Kilibury. Hopefully they'll be merged into one supercluster soon as the populations a bit sparse on both.

I'm playing mid/kay (devon), since I started here last year mid has never had a relic for more than 1 day - currently alb have 5 and you can't go 10 yards without running into a scout group >.<

If you decide to play mid/devon gimme a shout and I might be able to throw some plats your way to get you started. The toon is Alactrity-Kay

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
We're currently thinking Hib on the devon cluster, probably morgan le fay server, but that doesn't matter as long as its on the Devon cluster. Warden + champ.
Phixion, fancy a bard ? Feel free to suggest some combos too because we're clueless about good combos right now.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
hey lads !

Since WAR wasnt what i was hoping for i am currently considering a
comeback to DAoC. If u still need peeps then im very much interrested !
Ive mainly played healing and light tank classes (RR8 and RR7) I am currently
studying in sweden so i got loads of spare time on my hands ;) and never
misses a exp session. Let me know if u got an open slot and il do my best
to get this to work smootly :cheers:

If u decide to go Hib then a good ol hybrid setup is never wrong, works both in PvE and RvR:
Druid
Druid
Bard
Warden

Pbaoe
Pbaoe
tank
tank

Midgard is a bit more tricky since i havent played it as much, but SMs for easy mode PvE is a must i guess ?

Anywyas, theese are just suggestions, i havent played daoc for like a year so what do i know ? :D

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
hey lads !

Since WAR wasnt what i was hoping for i am currently considering a
comeback to DAoC. If u still need peeps then im very much interrested !
Ive mainly played healing and light tank classes (RR8 and RR7) I am currently
studying in sweden so i got loads of spare time on my hands ;) and never
misses a exp session. Let me know if u got an open slot and il do my best
to get this to work smootly :cheers:

If u decide to go Hib then a good ol hybrid setup is never wrong, works both in PvE and RvR:
Druid
Druid
Bard
Warden

Pbaoe
Pbaoe
tank
tank

Midgard is a bit more tricky since i havent played it as much, but SMs for easy mode PvE is a must i guess ?

Anywyas, theese are just suggestions, i havent played daoc for like a year so what do i know ? :D

Do you mean a 8 man group by that ? Dont know if we have so many :p 4 if you and phixion join up.

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
The only fear I have is that US servers are dying, numbers atm:

Bossiney cluster 233

Devon cluster 279

Killibury cluster 220

At prime time the Bossiney cluster is dead, there were 1fg or so of mids and hibs running around last night, albs were nowhere to be seen.

The Devon/Killibury cluster only have around 100 more people at prime time - which will feel just as dead.

I'm considering rolling on a German server as they have 1500 prime time and plenty of RvR action. But then theres the whole not understanding German issue.

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
The only fear I have is that US servers are dying, numbers atm:

Bossiney cluster 233

Devon cluster 279

Killibury cluster 220

At prime time the Bossiney cluster is dead, there were 1fg or so of mids and hibs running around last night, albs were nowhere to be seen.

The Devon/Killibury cluster only have around 100 more people at prime time - which will feel just as dead.

I'm considering rolling on a German server as they have 1500 prime time and plenty of RvR action. But then theres the whole not understanding German issue.

Well.. does anyone know a way to have the client english even if youre on a german server ?

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
We're gonna try US for now. At least until someone comes up a way to play on the german servers with full english. They should cluster every eu player to same tbh, with selectable language if those french and german really can't live without. :p

Where did you get those numbers btw ? Atm I see 900 players on german servers, are they all on 1 cluster ?

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Chronicles of Camelot

Select the different languages to view server pops for each. I think they are clustered.

AFAIK there's no way to use English client on German servers, although alot of people from UK apparently play on the German servers.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
We're gonna try US for now. At least until someone comes up a way to play on the german servers with full english. They should cluster every eu player to same tbh, with selectable language if those french and german really can't live without. :p

Where did you get those numbers btw ? Atm I see 900 players on german servers, are they all on 1 cluster ?

Which server did you end up on? been thinking about returning to daoc, although my play times arnt as big as they use to be, be nice to chill after work etc :)

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Hibernia, Devon cluster. Server urrelevant, but it's Lancelot.

After all this time im surprised how good this game still looks, even better than War.. bah :rolleyes:

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Devon

Hibs on Devon seem to have the edge, due to obvious siege/class advantages, and having players on at odd times, when most Mids/Albs are doing real life activities, perhaps the Hibs have a larger non U.S. player base, which probably is the case.
------

Albs have their moments on Devon but usually what they take (relics/keeps/towers from Hib) they can't hold long from Hibs, it seems that Hibs have or had an early morning crew (probably European players) that would retake relics with 2-3 groups when not enough Albs/Mids were on to compete/organized. It seemed like weekends were when Albs seem to go on the take, hibs however Mon.-Fri.
------

Mids on Devon are or were the underdogs, it seems they have been outgunned for a very long time there. They do take relics from time to time, but they don't tend to have the players online in order to defend them, so most don't even bother with taking them.

*****Note this was experience from pre-warhammer play on Devon, I haven't been on since then, but the boards and the Camelot Herald seem to indicate nothing much has changed, other than a drop in population across the board.***

I played some early in the morning when I was playing and it was rather sick how they would organize raids on Mid or Albs during the morning or late night, I would often switch between Alb & Mid just to try to hold on to a relic so things wouldn't get so warped. Usually they would have 3 groups of Hibs attacking against maybe 5 mids, or if they picked Albs perhaps against a group and a half of Albs.

At this pt in the game is there a reason for relics other than to put salt in the wounds of the realms that simply don't have the numbers online at off times to compete. I mean sure it helps to push keep takes, however rewards to a realm that tends to have such an upper hand with population (and siege lets not kid our selves) just seems to be a lame concept at this pt in time.

Well i have mids on Killibury and i can say that Mids are fun to play, but killibury still has a BUTTload of albs that tend to hit the same targets each night.

Glen 3, then hit blendrake(take keep and all towers), then hit glenlock, then hit bled 3, then bledmeer ck. Rinse Repeat!

Mids on Devon have always been kind of sporatic, when they do have a zerg going OMG!

******TAKEN FROM VN BOARDS*******

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Oh well, there seemed to be some action and the pop is about ~250-500+ at all times. And I hate to say it, but leveling a toon in daoc interests me more at the moment than leveling one in WAR. Theres some fairly good xp bonuses, rested xp, bonus levels. Task dungeons would be a lot faster in a bigger group, tho.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Pupulation reaches 750 abouts primetime on devon atm.. alot of trash players, but still able to get good fights if you have the patience ;)

BaTDiE

One of Freddy's beloved
Perhaps a bit off topic but related to past daoc's days, it always seemed funny how people would consider migrating to USA servers (back in 2002-2004 and so) because it was considered "leet" or of that kind when in truth there were/are a bigger ammount of noobs, angry nerds and frustrated kids than in Europe.

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Well my reasons for at one time playing in US was for a fresh start, newer patches and more players :p Never did I consider it would be some kind of "cool" thing to do :D

Reasons for this time is just more players with english client. Haven't really paid attention to patch notes for a long time :p

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
Gonna try warhammer first. See how it goes. Then if it suck, I'll activate my SB on merlin :)

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
Most of the albs from EU gone to US daoc Killibury cluster. We in a alliance called Unified darkness which is a very active guild and active alliance. ofc there is US players running the alliance but they do events early for EU players. :)

If you want to join pls go on this site Alliance Forum and we get back to you quick as possible. If you have started a account on US Killibury cluster pls PM Sinz-merlin or guin or me Solic-merlin also you might know dean hes an old player from EU dyvet hes in Unified Redemption (GM) you can PM him also for invite as most EU players in Unified Redemption.

If you go somewhere else then I would like to wish you the best in online gameing :)

Take care all and cya soon
thx Solicfire

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Aldrian what's your name on Lancelot? I tried searching for you but couldn't find ya :(

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Surely we can get 8 ppl on Lancelot to lvl up/RvR? cmon guys! :)

Anyone have a PL account on that cluster? :D

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
Whats sucky about it? :)

Everything :D

The level grind, the shite PVP/endgame. By all means try it, but I can pretty much bet you will be disappointed with it as per most of the old daoc community.

------

On topic, me and a mate (Fayte) have just rolled on the devon cluster (alb) as bored out of our boxes with WAR. Anyone on there ? and possibly with a necro ? :p

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
So are there any guilds on the US servers recruiting? Saturday night, bored, sitting here doing nothing.

I want to level but can't be bothered if I'm going to be running around solo at lvl 50.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
Surely we can get 8 ppl on Lancelot to lvl up/RvR? cmon guys! :)

Anyone have a PL account on that cluster? :D

ill be getting my account up and running tomorrow, but all my 50's are on bossiney :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom