A Musical Question...

A

Apocrypha

Hey guys and gals... Just transferred over to SW:G the other day after I got fed up with DAoC's server problems. I'm still toying around with stuff in the game but one thing has been bothering me... How do the Musician Missions work?? I've gone to the venues in the mission, stood inside and played for ages, but nothing's happend. I've tried it standing inside the orange waypoint beam, and still nothing. Bearing in mind it's been fairly late at night or an otherwise quiet time when I've been playing... Do you have to have someone come by and watch you or something for the mission to complete?

A

azvero

Think those are bugged.. not sure, I only did em once.. when I Started the game. Besides the money is so poor.. why even do em hehe.

But they dont work indeed.( at least for me )

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Apocrypha
Hey guys and gals... Just transferred over to SW:G the other day after I got fed up with DAoC's server problems. I'm still toying around with stuff in the game but one thing has been bothering me... How do the Musician Missions work?? I've gone to the venues in the mission, stood inside and played for ages, but nothing's happend. I've tried it standing inside the orange waypoint beam, and still nothing. Bearing in mind it's been fairly late at night or an otherwise quiet time when I've been playing... Do you have to have someone come by and watch you or something for the mission to complete?

The orange beam indicates the dwelling that you have been hired to play at, go inside.

Play inside the house, there is no message saying your in the right place or even doing the right thing, but trust a former master musician, you are :)

After a while (usually 10-15 mins) you will get the reward (flourishes help here btw).

The rewards, however, are pitiful.

Much better to do a kill task, or even a crafting task (easy money).

A

Apocrypha

thanks all :) tried it again, and after an eternity of an endless looping macro in a cantina full of AFK'ers, I finally passed the missions... but yeah, the exp is poor. Much better to do delivery tasks from Theed to Moenia... 4k per round trip :)

Tho as a plus, I did get taught Bothese by someone who *wasn't* AFK, amazingly!! :)

U

Uriron

Originally posted by Apocrypha
Tho as a plus, I did get taught Bothese by someone who *wasn't* AFK, amazingly!! :)

Bet it wasn't an entertainer :rolleyes: if so you should /bug it as there is obviously some serious bug if an entertainer isn't afk :p

A

Apocrypha

ack... no, that's not what I meant, lol

he wasn't an entertainer, no... He was a Bothan something or other, just passing by.

my bad for not wording it better

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Uriron
Bet it wasn't an entertainer :rolleyes: if so you should /bug it as there is obviously some serious bug if an entertainer isn't afk :p

Went all the way to Master Musician without macroing, indeed so did my whole band (20 of us fyi :)).

So :p

N

Nightchill

Head on over to Espa on Chimaera, the Cantine there always has entertainers at the keyboard :)

Besides, afk people don't get watched/listened-to (unless they're the only one there) and sure don't get tipped :)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Nightchill
Head on over to Espa on Chimaera, the Cantine there always has entertainers at the keyboard :)

Besides, afk people don't get watched/listened-to (unless they're the only one there) and sure don't get tipped :)

Afk entertainers = zero atmosphere, used to get 30-40 proper musicians/dancers sometimes in espa starsider cantina, so much fun.

D

darbey

There was a post in the devs forums about this. There isnt a set time of playing to complete the mission, u need to achieve so much xp (music, dance or healing ) to trigger completion of the mission so looping plenty of flourishes will speed it up significantly.

A

azvero

Ooooh so thats how to do em.. Shame on me..master entertainer and musician and I dont even know how to do those missions.
tsk tsk tsk. :)

U

Uriron

Here fishy fishy..:clap:

Now what next..Oh yeah dabblers aint they gits for not doing the full profession? i mean it's not like they designed the game so we can freeform our characters abilities, anyone who doesn't master a profession sucks etc etc..

/fishingrod flourish2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom