A Love Story 3 of 3

Dukat

Resident Freddy
The very mention of that scroll now brings physical pain! :(

I'm looking for tips on how to farm it if anyone can provide them.

I've been farming it for weeks now, spent over 20 hours in one week before just farming that scroll - thats alot more time than I'm used to putting in for PvE nowadays, and yet it still hasn't dropped.

I'm seriously contemplating saving up to pay for the CM price of 25/35p for the thing, that will be the most I've ever spent on anything ingame I think.

So any help much appreciated. I've been farming Cyclopses so far, agrotes and huleros mainly, as stated on VoS and camelot allahkazam. However after atleast 72 hours of farming over the past few weeks I've still not managed it.

I've tried several limited journeys into Arbour Glen for purple con cyclopses, however the rate that these things go down is much slower, and they're not listed as mobs that will drop these scrolls on vos or allahkazam.

I've read several VN threads on this subject, and I'm still no closer to feeling like I'm headed in the right direction.

Anyone who knows me will beable to tell you that I hate PvE at the best of times, so this is becoming a real pain.

All help much appreciated! :)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Don't farm the scroll itself mate ... If you're out to get something specific the last thing you want to do is farming it directly.

Farm money and use that to buy the scroll .. in 20 hours you could have earned 100 plat farming DV.. you're a pala ... invite an icewiz and a cleric .. maybe bring a bot and you can make very easy money farming for MT3 and SoM3 for example. Or bring 2 or 3 more mates and kill Flames a couple of times for the shields that still sell nicely.

Funny (I don't think you'll agree) ontopic anecdote... last week we were farming Cyclops with the guild... we were on our way back to the haven and we were killing the friendly cyclops close to the haven ... all of a sudden I said on Vent "Mark my words this one is gonna drop a lovestory scroll" .. 10 seconds later it died and it dropped a LS3 .. a guildy activated the artifact 15 minutes later :)

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
lols :p me and a mate got 2x of it in 15 mins ^^ but they were for his chars tho, i farmed mine in 2 hours :eek: and after that i found another one i sold.. so i havnt experienced this scroll as a pain in the ass :p

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
had 3 drop of the mobs that hang round cloudsong encounter. (in a week)

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Try the cyclopse camp at the very NE corner of the GG map...

Spend the first day of farming Love 3 at the usualy place, second day I went to NE corner camp (where the Cloudsong music box statues are) and got 2 of em in 30 minutes...

A guildie got 2 of em in roughly 30 min there too.

Might be worth checking out

Erulin the Bloody

Puki

Fledgling Freddie
Camped there for for 40 hours without drop a month ago. Then started farming at the Ring of Fire enc and sold the scrolls which dropped there to buy GoV3 -.-

Faril

Banned
adoNix said:
lols :p me and a mate got 2x of it in 15 mins ^^ but they were for his chars tho, i farmed mine in 2 hours :eek: and after that i found another one i sold.. so i havnt experienced this scroll as a pain in the ass :p
yes and before that i farmed for 50 hours getting 1(with summsm ml9 mind you)
its a pain!

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
I've spent hundreds of hours farming scrolls
but as soon as they released notes on 1.81 I couldn't bring myself to do it any more.
Same with the other artis I want.
I realize this isn't as helpful as previous suggestions.
But at least we know it'll get easier :)

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I have had 8 CS 3/3's trying to get GoV 3/3. Damn scroll :mad: Wish they sold for good enough money to buy it, instead I've been dishing them out to guildies like sweets :eek6:

brad

Fledgling Freddie
When is 1.81 actually comming? im rly tempted to transfer some money to alb and start with a reaver, but i don't fancy paying 30p for LS 3o3, at this very moment.

And yes LS 3o3 is very annoying to get. I spent a week farming for it roughly 8 hours a day in my holiday, and no drop, but i got 4 CS 3o3, and loads of other cloudsong and love story scrolls.

The thing that annoyed me, is a mid/excal person ended up farming at the same camp i was, and being a nice person i didn't say anything, as it was quite a big camp area in green glades, and about 30 minutes later i got a pm saying two LS 3o3's just drop from a mob he killed.

Im like that son of a ...................

Dukat

Resident Freddy
brad said:
30 minutes later i got a pm saying two LS 3o3's just drop from a mob he killed.

Im like that son of a ...................

9 times out of 10 thats just bullshit designed to annoy you, you get it on VN boards all the time, asking about a scroll, then the first 4-5 replies will be "I got gov 3o3 on the first mob i killed!", or words to that effect.

No idea why people do it though :touch:

remi

Fledgling Freddie
i did all things above, as a last try, right before i was about to give up daoc all toghter i went ml9 cave with fg, and the damn scroll drops from a yellow con mob...

washington

Fledgling Freddie
someone give him it cheap...the price of fucking scrolls is a joke

PACK OF TIGHT TWATS

Vladamir

FH is my second home
washington said:
someone give him it cheap...the price of fucking scrolls is a joke

PACK OF TIGHT TWATS

So because one person out of the hundreds who comes to FH to whine about a scroll, he should be given it cheaper than everyone else? :eek:

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Got 3x love story 3/3 scrolls on 6 hours on the cyclop spot near Gov Encounter

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Downanael said:
Got 3x love story 3/3 scrolls on 6 hours on the cyclop spot near Gov Encounter

I'm assuming you're medication then? Hope you have fun with the money, I gave up trying to farm it after 18 hours. :mad:

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
kiliarien said:
I'm assuming you're medication then? Hope you have fun with the money, I gave up trying to farm it after 18 hours. :mad:

It was quite easy when you have fop and ml9 chanter to use :p Had to use 2 scrolls for my chars thought :(

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Downanael said:
It was quite easy when you have fop and ml9 chanter to use :p Had to use 2 scrolls for my chars thought :(

If its quite easy would you mind farming one for me ? :D

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:

Down haxxors :/

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Just hand in there for love patch. I soloed red con cyclops with my unsced lvl 49 runemaster and got like 5 in half an our. Love story 3o3 is has the highest drop rate in the game after that patch.

LS 2o3 will be rarer

Dukat

Resident Freddy
:(

c53.jpg

I fell for it as well!

ps. the relationship between me and whiskers is strictly plutonic! :eek:

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
just had 2 love story 3 of 3 in less then 10 mins :p go me!!

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
so far.... i have never gotten a LS3 drop. bought all of them. gave up farming for scrolls.

best advice.... farm for something else that ppl need and sell it.

Dalilama

Fledgling Freddie
farmed LS3 for two weeks now non have droped, but i thick i have got every other scroll aerus area can offer:) .

washington

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
So because one person out of the hundreds who comes to FH to whine about a scroll, he should be given it cheaper than everyone else? :eek:

yes

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
I've never had any problems getting that scroll Kalloth : ( Farmed 'em myself for my Infiltrator, Reaver and Cabalist. Guess you've just been very very unlucky. I usually farm the centaur camps with my servant necro (using summon suit) and fop bot with DI2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom