A lot of **** to come at a time like this -> ML RAIDS CANCELED, STICKY please

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Hello all,

Yesteray i wa splaying my valkyrie and doing ml 4 and 5 presteps with a group. After we zoned in to the ml5 dungeon mt screen froze, and i got a blue message screen. ok i restard it took my computer like 10-15 minuts to do a systemboot scan, and he replaced a few daoc files in the meantime.

When back, daoc downloade dthe files again automaticly and i was happy to c th egroup waited for me. I did ml5 presteps with the "uber" group in less than 1h 30 minuts.
Afterwards i was happy to c i got scalars credit and then went to my home to look the prices for scrolls ect... On my horse to buri market, BAM freeze again. It kept frozen long time , nothing responded, couldnt go to windows nothing, so i restarted the computer.

Result: He detects my drives, an don the next scree nothin but black, black black, i have the feeling i hear my computer fade out, like he stops runing. Is it something with my hardware? with my Windows? i dont know.

What i do know is that i have to canclet AT LEAST ml2 raid for tonight. Maybe with some luck if i giv epc to shop 2morrow, ill get it back maybe ( lil maybe) on wednesday. IF that is the case we will just do ml3 presteps as planned and ml the next sunday. Ill look for a good date to put ml2 main raid in. Maybe take the time to do the presteps for ml4 and 5 for the comin weeks.
I hope u guys respect me enoug to not do ml2 this evening leaded by another, cause with that u screw my own characters a lot :s (im already gone be screwed if i miss ml7 on friday) I so hate this, i hate computers! give daoc to a console like ps2, at east they dont break down on ya al the time.

I hope im back fast with comp fixed, this afternoon im gone try tempering with it myself, u neve rknow i get it fixed, If it is fixed ill say it here, ALWAYS come here to look if its good, but if dont c any message before 15.00 cet, then it will be nothing

Have a good sunday, sticky this please
And cya asap
Greets Vav.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Dus it still start up and just be black after the first screen? dusnt get to the booting windows bit and dies? if it dus just go black after first screen its your mother board or it could be your PSU I have my bets on the mobo got a new cpu or PSU(power supply) to try?. Can you get into the bios?.

Keep me updated if you want add me to msn in my profile

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
acctualy there are any number of things that could be causeing that not just those 2 gimmly, it could range from the ram to just the ide cable connecting the hd, without swap testing everything theres no certain way to say.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Coolan said:
acctualy there are any number of things that could be causeing that not just those 2 gimmly, it could range from the ram to just the ide cable connecting the hd, without swap testing everything theres no certain way to say.
it wouldnt be the ide cable and if it was the ram it most probbly wouldnt start up if he hasnt done anything and was just siting there playing normaly and it died then im the certain.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
If there's one bad sector in the ram, it can crook on that, and it doesn't have to be every time it starts up. If it's at a range that's only getting used on high-mem using programs (like daoc) it'll only crash on those programs.

If an IDE cable is shifted a little and one or two pins aren't connected anymore a computer can do very strange stuff aswell. Same goes with the floppy drive connector.

It can be that the CPU is at the end of it's life, or that the CPU powerlevels are fluctuating, or that it just doesn't provide enough power anymore. It can also be that there's a irregulatiry on the harddrive.

If the VGA Card is giving errors it can also foobar the computer giving blue screens...

and sadly, I've had 'em all, safe for the cpu death....

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
If there's one bad sector in the ram, it can crook on that, and it doesn't have to be every time it starts up. If it's at a range that's only getting used on high-mem using programs (like daoc) it'll only crash on those programs.

If an IDE cable is shifted a little and one or two pins aren't connected anymore a computer can do very strange stuff aswell. Same goes with the floppy drive connector.

It can be that the CPU is at the end of it's life, or that the CPU powerlevels are fluctuating, or that it just doesn't provide enough power anymore. It can also be that there's a irregulatiry on the harddrive.

If the VGA Card is giving errors it can also foobar the computer giving blue screens...

and sadly, I've had 'em all, safe for the cpu death....
Ill stick with my answer its not the hd as it hasnt even started booting windows yet or had any disk boot failures its the mobo / gfx card / PSU and maybe cpu but very unlikely and unlikely its ram if it dus the excatally the same everytime you try and boot.

Just try another gfx card then psu then cpu if its neither its the mobo dead. You neither flashed the bios atoll did you and left any jumpers on discharge or anything?.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
With some luck its a bloody virus, and all will be over with a format C

Jeralin

Fledgling Freddie
Il Gladly Lead ML2 Raid Vavi, if you allow me, hopefully ppl will show on this raid.. Rules are the sames as Vavi´s.

Thx

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
vavires said:
I hope u guys respect me enoug to not do ml2 this evening leaded by another, cause with that u screw my own characters a lot :s
Jeralin said:
Il Gladly Lead ML2 Raid Vavi, if you allow me, hopefully ppl will show on this raid.. Rules are the sames as Vavi´s.

Thx
:clap:

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like your graphics card has bit the dust tbh. From what I can translate from the original post, it aint any of the other things mentioned above as you wouldnt get as far you are getting on bootup. You getting any beeps when your booting up?

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
I doubt this is the case for you, (its more of a fun thingie that happened to me) but when my laptop gets overheated, it then freeezes and nothing happens, thats pretty common for me, all i have to do is reboot and it works. But this time i shut the computer off, and started it up again, it detected the drives and my screen went completely black. I did it again, boom .. black screen after the harddisk detection. At this point i thought my computer took a reeeeeal beating after the overheating.

Took me a while to realize i had an mp3player (its the same with any USB memory) in my USB port and my bios was set to boot from any USB device if its connected. As soon as i removed it, the computer booted up nicely =)

Again, i really dont think this is your problem, but might be fun reading for someone =)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Suedish said:
I doubt this is the case for you, (its more of a fun thingie that happened to me) but when my laptop gets overheated, it then freeezes and nothing happens, thats pretty common for me, all i have to do is reboot and it works. But this time i shut the computer off, and started it up again, it detected the drives and my screen went completely black. I did it again, boom .. black screen after the harddisk detection. At this point i thought my computer took a reeeeeal beating after the overheating.

Took me a while to realize i had an mp3player (its the same with any USB memory) in my USB port and my bios was set to boot from any USB device if its connected. As soon as i removed it, the computer booted up nicely =)

Again, i really dont think this is your problem, but might be fun reading for someone =)
lol owned! You should try and install a linux kernel on the mp3player though. :p

If you live near me in Sweden I'll lend you a computer, but I asume you don't so nm. =)

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe dunno if it would work tho =) Would prolly work with knoppix

Of course i live in sweden (sthlm). Nerf all the non-swedes! :sex:

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Funkdocta said:
Sounds like your graphics card has bit the dust tbh. From what I can translate from the original post, it aint any of the other things mentioned above as you wouldnt get as far you are getting on bootup. You getting any beeps when your booting up?

yea sure
but im getting the message now something from
system32/config... called shop he sais a part of windows is gone
but what i did saw with the first blue screen, was something with Nvidia, maybe i need to check driveers ect (its a new graphic card since a month..)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Suedish said:

nope its not :(
ill mention the graphic card problem to the shopowner, and lets just hope its just windows, i should get my pc back wednesday (NORMALLY) well c then won't we

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
youve had it if that says it in a black screen when it gos to boot from windows - C:/windows/root etc is missing or corrupt. Boot from the windows cd and go into the recovery console and type CHKDSK /P and do it a few times type exit and let it reboot and prays it starts up ok with out the error. If it still says the same thing youve had it its been deleted or too badly dmged and you have to format you might be able to repair windows if it allows you to get your stuff back and then format.

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
nope its not :(
ill mention the graphic card problem to the shopowner, and lets just hope its just windows, i should get my pc back wednesday (NORMALLY) well c then won't we

If your graphics card is less than a month old, and you think you got an error message saying something with Nvidia, then it definately sounds like you got a problem with the graphics drivers. Altho it seems unlikely that you should get any visua at all then. I assume you had a graphics card before this one (hehe ..), i would try to put that one in and then boot in safe mode just to see what happens. Or if you got a built-in graphics card on the motherboard then just connect the monitor to that.

Hmmm. Well i read it again and i understand you have it a shop already, so no need for me to keep guessing hehe =) Let me know what was wrong bud, im interested to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom