a little poll...

F

feldeshadowbane

Those of you that are going to buy Shrouded Isles, what new class are you most interested in and why?

The class that sounds most interesting for me is the Necromancer. Why? Because:

1. I'm interested in the new pet system that is supposed to be unique to Camelot and other MMORPGs

2. I have my main char in Albion and do not have the patiance to roll chars in other realms (wouldn't want to leave all my friends either)

If I was a midgard player I would probably try the Bonedancer and if I was a hib, probably the Valewalker .

D

drummer

Could you post a link of where all the new classes are ?

Don't know them all ya know ;) :eek:

S

Sharp Thing

3) valewalker, would even reroll for it ;o

K

Kagato.

Not interested in any of the new classes nor any of the new races.

Why?

Because they simply arn't interesting, and all the new races are so UGLY.

Simple as that, I mean just look at the new Albion race ! Albion used to be the only realm where you could play a proper human and escape all those ugly wierdos and freaks lol, and now we're going to have our very own nasty little blue aliens running around, when for most of the last year we've been trying our hardest to exterminate the freaks in the other realms lol.

But seriously though, where on earth do the incconu fit into the King Arthur legends? Do any of you remember ugly blue alien fish men in the legends of king arthur ? Was there an ugly fish man stood looking over Arthurs shoulder as he spoke with the lady of the lake ? I don't remember that.

They could at least give us something a little bit more in keeping with the legends of our realms.

N

Novamir

i'm amazed mythic are putting such emphasis on pet AI in the new classes. the pet AI is already horrendously flawed- warping through dungeon walls, no line of sight, etc etc

the valewalker IS a friar with a slash 2h weapon instead of crush, and some pretty effects.

the animist is a theurgist, but with exploding pets!

how the hell do mythic expect us to shell out for this?

B

Bedroc the Hero

Animist is the class for me!!

Why?
They follow the path of the Groove!! :D

B

bishibosh

"new weapon type, Flexible Weapons, which includes whips"

maybe being attacked by norsewoman sbs wont be so bad then lol

F

Flimgoblin

It'll be briton and saracen women with the whips :)

Personally I think it sounds cool :) will be trying them all out.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

What happens to people who don't buy SI?

Will we still see all the new classes, just not be able to play them?

What about new zones? Will we just get a 'zonewall' stopping is from entering?

Sorry if I sound dumb-ass, but...I am ;)

D

[DK]hakke

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
What happens to people who don't buy SI?

Will we still see all the new classes, just not be able to play them?

What about new zones? Will we just get a 'zonewall' stopping is from entering?

Sorry if I sound dumb-ass, but...I am ;)

You will see em and you can grp with em, not play

yes you'll be stopped somehow (prolly zonewall) from entering the new area

O

old.Second

Originally posted by [DK]hakke

You will see em and you can grp with em, not play

yes you'll be stopped somehow (prolly zonewall) from entering the new area

think the word ISLES speak for itself:p u need to teleport to the new ISELANDS...

M

Moody

Originally posted by Kagato.

Because they simply arn't interesting, and all the new races are so UGLY.

Ugly?? Have you see the female Valkyn? Rrraaaww :whip: :sex:

S

starblade

<PLOINK>

Moo ? You been on too much hormones since dinging 50 :p

I'll send you some nice piccies to get you down to earth again ;)

:m00:

S

SevenSins

I'm going for either Necromancer or Bonedancer.

Damn they both rock.

But the problems with pets atm suck.

Warping trough walls, randomly drawing agro in dungeons by instead of walking a straight line walking a freggin circle.

Then I haven't said anything about root/mezz breaking, or chasing people that are stealthed for a full marathon of hours and hours.

Or sometimes with enchanter mage pet, instead of cast a spell at range, just attack. Since when do pets go OOM anyway.

These are just issues I hope somehow will be cleared with the new pet classes though, otherwise they won't be worth playing at all, unless you like running trough DF as a necromancer where you pet walks 5 circles and agroes every mob in the room, pet getting insta killed, and you're supposed to run off with 1hp :p

-The SevenSins

D

dimerian

Damn that pic of yours reminds too much of Xion SevenSins :/

Necromancer will be nice one to try :)

M

Madonion Slicer

Looking forward to the upgrade the only part i dont like is the New Albion Race, why o why did they create a monster/fish race in Albion it just is not right keep the freaks in Mid/Hib.

All i can hope is that people play the Classes but use a Briton or Saracen, keep the lands of Albion clean of the fishy scum.

S

starblade

Prob. have a go at all 6 of em ... combined with some classes I want to play now but with one of the new races.

-- So much to do ... and only 8 slots to do it in --

O

oblivion_6

im also not interested in the classes

i just want the eye candy on my geforce hee hee

I guess killing new looking albs will be fun :p

E

Ensceptifica

Not too thrilled about pets. The new races seem nice though. I hope the new races have access to some existing classes too.

O

old.Second

it says that when the pet is summoned the necro is invisible. would that mean that we now got a new spy?

*park pet at PK*
run around and look for enemy with no chance of detection.

sounds like an army of pets in the danger zone and the casters stands miles away hehe.

O

oblivion_6

good point actually

surely GOA will out some kind of limit how far u can go away from pet or something, else this could be very very handy :)

F

Flimgoblin

apparently it won't work Second :) Some beta folks have posted that it's not an issue. They won't say why not due to NDA :(

O

old.Second

when it comes to spellcasting would the range of spells be based on the pet or the player?

if its based on player: pet at PK player nuking peeps without anyone knowing where the nukes r coming from:

if its based on pet: pet stands at AMG and nukes and user stays somewhere safe (like behind a tree or something)

L

Lessurl

I just think it will be funny watchin the hordes of lowbie valewalkers/animists running about complaining they can't get groups.

T

Thae

Originally posted by SevenSins
or chasing people that are stealthed for a full marathon of hours and hours.

huh? u mean that it's unfear that the stealth doesn't have a timer?
if so...get real...ever played a stealther?

P

Praeco

Originally posted by Novamir
the animist is a theurgist, but with exploding pets!

The animist isn't Mythics invention, its 100% idea's that the Theurgists came up with to try and fix pets for RvR.

F

Flimgoblin

yeah, because noone has ever thought of the idea of exploding pets, in fact the pygmy bombardier never used that ever.

Oh and turrets are a brand new invention - the word itself has never been uttered before!

Thank the theurgists though! they thought everything up!

P

Praeco

/bow
....finally credit where credit is due.... :)

ps. btw. Fingoniel, you should get that nasty case of sarcasme looked at by a certified cleric - it almost seemed like you did't really mean what you said....

A

Arnor

REAVER REAVER REAVER!!!1

and like someone had in their sig:
Theyre finally fixing the zerker, in a new class

Savage

Users who are viewing this thread