A little note about Banshees...

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
Bainshees still hit for less. i rarely get to use my CAE nuke tbh.

The point is, if you take into account dropoff on the pbaoe (and there will be quite a bit of dropoff through an object), then bainshee's CAOE hits for dramatically more damage than pbaoe and a great deal more people.

Petwick(Ebony Hand)

Fledgling Freddie
er bainshees do have drop off......if u hit em from behind they will do ZERO damage....normal Pb will still hit you from behind...surely thats the whole point....anyone who runs directly at one deserves to get his arse whupped.

Rothzak

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
on the Friday Grab Bag...

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2100.shtml

"Q: Is it really intended that the cone AE of the bainshee can hit through walls?

A: No, but we know that it often does. The solution involves a lot of different code issues (LOS, wall code, the bainshees themselves), or else it would already be fixed given the level of importance this issue has with our players. (If you've got a screenshot or a log of a CSR saying otherwise, you do not need to send it. There was an internal misunderstand, but that's been resolved. I appreciate all the feedback forms on this topic.) This is something we are actively working on."

That's your Monday morning topic for discussion folks :D

WOW!!!

congratz, you want a lolly now?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Mey said:
I dont see why people QQ, bainshees use sound to damage there foe's, sound travels through some walls...

Sound will travel through a solid mass but it greatly reduces the amplitude of the waveform. Dependent on the density of the material. Low frequencies also travel through high density materials better than high frequencies waveforms. Apply the same thing to a banshee scream (amplitude of damage) and there would be no problem. ;)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Rothzak said:
WOW!!!

congratz, you want a lolly now?

No thanks, I just wanted something to do while having a slow day in the office :eek:

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Petwick(Ebony Hand) said:
er bainshees do have drop off......if u hit em from behind they will do ZERO damage....normal Pb will still hit you from behind...surely thats the whole point....anyone who runs directly at one deserves to get his arse whupped.

Nice way to miss the point, how the fuck are you supposed to get behind them when the bastards are hitting you through a piece of terrain?

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Here is a bunch of ppl that DON’T get it:
Garbannoch said:
bainshees are seriously underpowered and they need to make use of every available exploit :mad:

btw if you get CAEd through a wall just let your ice wizards/SMs/warlocks pbaoe back - not sure if it works but one side will get RPs for sure ;)
Mey said:
I dont see why people QQ, bainshees use sound to damage there foe's, sound travels through some walls...
Mastade said:
Pbaers can do the same, but do nerf bainshees. seems logical xd
Garbannoch said:
CAE is powerful in some situations but believe me the number of times you can effectively use CAE are VERY rare - much more so than PBAOE.
Mastade said:
Bainshees still hit for less. i rarely get to use my CAE nuke tbh.
Petwick(Ebony Hand) said:

And here is a person that hits the nail on the head:
Arkian said:
The point is, if you take into account dropoff on the pbaoe (and there will be quite a bit of dropoff through an object), then bainshee's CAOE hits for dramatically more damage than pbaoe and a great deal more people.
There are a few situations where this bug is unacceptable. At keep/tower sieges. NONE should be able to stand inside a keep/tower at the base of the wall (no holes or windows) and kill ppl outside. PBAE, scrooms and necros was fixed and now its time to fix Bainshees too. As it is now 3 Bainshees can almost insta kill all ppl in a war ram or every char right outside a keep/tower.
Every smart player use LOS to his advantage especially when it comes to keep/tower takes and if that goes out the window DAoC is fubar.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:

There are a few situations where this bug is unacceptable. At keep/tower sieges. NONE should be able to stand inside a keep/tower at the base of the wall (no holes or windows) and kill ppl outside. PBAE, scrooms and necros was fixed and now its time to fix Bainshees too. As it is now 3 Bainshees can almost insta kill all ppl in a war ram or every char right outside a keep/tower.
Every smart player use LOS to his advantage especially when it comes to keep/tower takes and if that goes out the window DAoC is fubar.

So u want it for bainshees to not be able to hit through the window at the inner keeps near the ram?, the exact same spot where everyone else can hit through? okioki

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:

and hmm, why do pbaers (yes, also a warcocks) stand at windows n pbaoe ppl at rams ? :D and u can also DD with usualy DD Out of the window, u dont need a bainshee for that mate =) And bainshees frontal dd does like hmm, 300-400 dam .. and if u take 3 bainshees .. it will do 900-1200 dam .. and surely u cant instakill ppl with that damage, unless u have a mage sitting in a ram(lol) sooo :eek: And also that bainshees rly cant nuke trought the wall .. they can only hit u when theres a window or hole or door or smth .. but u can hit tru window/hole/door with other spells aswell - so if bainshee damaged u tru window/hole/door, u can dd him back np .... I have played bainshee for last 5 days, and I can tell u 100% ... they do NOT nuke tru the walls .. thats a bs mate, if u want .. we can go n test =)

Ghaladriel

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
So u want it for bainshees to not be able to hit through the window at the inner keeps near the ram?, the exact same spot where everyone else can hit through? okioki
Dont know who say that .... xD

But in my case for example i dont want that you or the cheater you lend the account last night dont hit through water ... :puke:

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
Ghaladriel said:
Dont know who say that .... xD

But in my case for example i dont want that you or the cheater you lend the account last night dont hit through water ... :puke:

it was me playing the acc, but I didnt hit tru water idiot .. its kinda impossible .. if u just went down and I casted a spell b4, that will hit u .. but its same with all casters .. but I killed u when u were on the water and u didnt even dive or smth .. so its far from cheating .. or u are crying that I killed u 2 times in a row, when u tryed to kill our 6 ppl grp with 2-3fg ? :)

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
Twinky said:
think the words r No holes nor any windows...
if there are no holes nor windows, I cant hit u tru the wall mate =) As I said, we can go and test :D

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
and hmm, why do pbaers (yes, also a warcocks) stand at windows n pbaoe ppl at rams ? :D and u can also DD with usualy DD Out of the window, u dont need a bainshee for that mate =) And bainshees frontal dd does like hmm, 300-400 dam .. and if u take 3 bainshees .. it will do 900-1200 dam .. and surely u cant instakill ppl with that damage, unless u have a mage sitting in a ram(lol) sooo :eek: And also that bainshees rly cant nuke trought the wall .. they can only hit u when theres a window or hole or door or smth .. but u can hit tru window/hole/door with other spells aswell - so if bainshee damaged u tru window/hole/door, u can dd him back np .... I have played bainshee for last 5 days, and I can tell u 100% ... they do NOT nuke tru the walls .. thats a bs mate, if u want .. we can go n test =)
Read my post again, s l o w l y.
Jika said:
if there are no holes nor windows, I cant hit u tru the wall mate =) As I said, we can go and test :D
Ok I trust you on this. You may not be able to do it, BUT others playing the char and other Bainshees can. I guess the reason you can't is because you are a complete gimp.

From Friday Grab Bag on the camelot herald.
Sanya Thomas said:
Q: Is it really intended that the cone AE of the bainshee can hit through walls?

A: No, but we know that it often does. The solution involves a lot of different code issues (LOS, wall code, the bainshees themselves), or else it would already be fixed given the level of importance this issue has with our players. (If you've got a screenshot or a log of a CSR saying otherwise, you do not need to send it. There was an internal misunderstand, but that's been resolved. I appreciate all the feedback forms on this topic.) This is something we are actively working on.

Ging

Part of the furniture
sound travels through water better then air - fact!!!!!

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
I cant hit u tru the wall mate =)

You're obviously not doing it right ;)

Clearly there IS an issue in certain circumstances - mythic have already acknowledged it. Surprised anyone is trying to say it shouldn't be fixed. Banshees aren't OP, but they are bugged in specific situations and only the most myopic hib would say otherwise :p

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
You're obviously not doing it right ;)

Clearly there IS an issue in certain circumstances - mythic have already acknowledged it. Surprised anyone is trying to say it shouldn't be fixed. Banshees aren't OP, but they are bugged in specific situations and only the most myopic hib would say otherwise :p
If there is a bug, it ofc, has to be fixed .. but I dont find bainshees that OP as ppl think, they ofc have nice utilities, like the 2300 range taunt and absorb and frontal dd .. but still, u dont use frontal dd that often etc. Most of the times, I just use usual dd, same dd that other casters have, I dont find it OP ^^ .. but still, I know that ppl said that bainshees are op caus they hit tru walls etc, I tryed it, never got any1 .. only time I hit some1 tru wall, was on bridge ramp, I was down at the wall and I frontal DD'd up .. and they got hit. That was a wierd ye, but in that case, pbaoe would have damaged them also.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>and hmm, why do pbaers (yes, also a warcocks) stand at windows n pbaoe ppl at rams ?

considering the distance from the window to the ram, i would be surprised if i ever hit someone that far from a window for over 100. The only time a pbaoe will do more than a trickle of damage through a wall is if both the caster and it`s target are trying to hug eachother through a wall, which can be avoided by taking 1 or two steps back.

>>and u can also DD with usualy DD Out of the window, u dont need a bainshee for that mate =)

to DD, you need LoS at begin and end of the cast, for CAO you hust have to stand 500 units from a wall and keep yelling at the wall to kill anyone that passes close to a window.

> u can dd him back np ....

bollox... 9 out of 10 times around scenery, when i get hit by caoe, /last attacker / face /whatever says the target is not within LoS.

>I have played bainshee for last 5 days, and I can tell u 100% ... they do NOT nuke tru the walls .. thats a bs mate, if u want .. we can go n test =)

5 days, wow, i have over 300 days of played time on my ice wiz and never been anything but ice, and i don`t even have the pretention to say i know all there is to know about pbaoe... to make a statement like yours,....

>and they got hit. That was a wierd ye, but in that case, pbaoe would have damaged them also.

with the following diff : radius from cao makes you can hit people at over twice the distance of pbaoe, and ae-dropoff means that if the target stand further than 100 units, caoe will hit for more damage.

With CAOE, you can stand on the outer wall of a keep and yell at the keep and kill anything that gets to close to a window, or stand inside at a window and hit anything outside on the wall and any space between keep and wall.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
someone pbaoeing from the window (jump casting of course) will lose half their damage just from the distance from the edge of the wall to you - nevermind the people the other end of the ram...

a bainshee with caoe will hit for 100% of its aoe on everyone it touches, with double the area affected. They also have a much bigger area in which to have that "one person in los" which is needed to do any damage at all.

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
>>and hmm, why do pbaers (yes, also a warcocks) stand at windows n pbaoe ppl at rams ?

considering the distance from the window to the ram, i would be surprised if i ever hit someone that far from a window for over 100. The only time a pbaoe will do more than a trickle of damage through a wall is if both the caster and it`s target are trying to hug eachother through a wall, which can be avoided by taking 1 or two steps back.

>>and u can also DD with usualy DD Out of the window, u dont need a bainshee for that mate =)

to DD, you need LoS at begin and end of the cast, for CAO you hust have to stand 500 units from a wall and keep yelling at the wall to kill anyone that passes close to a window.

> u can dd him back np ....

bollox... 9 out of 10 times around scenery, when i get hit by caoe, /last attacker / face /whatever says the target is not within LoS.

>I have played bainshee for last 5 days, and I can tell u 100% ... they do NOT nuke tru the walls .. thats a bs mate, if u want .. we can go n test =)

5 days, wow, i have over 300 days of played time on my ice wiz and never been anything but ice, and i don`t even have the pretention to say i know all there is to know about pbaoe... to make a statement like yours,....

ive killed warlocks tru the windows at inner doors .. so its bollocks that u cant hit .. and wow mate, I have played camelot for almost 4 years .. I know the tricks ... and if think that they dont hit any1 from windows .. I mean at inner doors .. if u think that they dont hit ppl in rams, why do they even pbaoe then ? yes they do hit :p ...

"to DD, you need LoS at begin and end of the cast, for CAO you hust have to stand 500 units from a wall and keep yelling at the wall to kill anyone that passes close to a window." .. they will do still as much damage as pbaoers do with pbaoe at windows .. and if u stand 500 units away from window, u wont reach the ram :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
small point that jika appears to have missed:

PBAOE drops off to 0% at the edge.

CAOE HAS NO DROPOFF

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
I know that it has no dropoff, but if u stand like 500 units away from window, u wont just reach the ram n ppl inside it .. and also, caoe does like 300 dam .. n pbaoe at the epicentre, does like 700 ?

so, if they hit ram, it will be still 300 .. and almost the same as caoe dam

and still the fact, that u need to have a hole or window to damage ppl, u cant damage them tru the wall w/o any holes in it :)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
I know that it has no dropoff, but if u stand like 500 units away from window, u wont just reach the ram n ppl inside it .. and also, caoe does like 300 dam .. n pbaoe at the epicentre, does like 700 ?

so, if they hit ram, it will be still 300 .. and almost the same as caoe dam

and still the fact, that u need to have a hole or window to damage ppl, u cant damage them tru the wall w/o any holes in it :)
O M G you are stupid. You dont get ANY of this do you??

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
it was me playing the acc

The only surprise in this thread is that someone is retarded enough to lend their account to the biggest account scammer on the server.

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
Once (or rather IF ever) they fix this CONE stuff.. you reckon they might tone the damage down a little aswell on the DD's? :eek:

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
O M G you are stupid. You dont get ANY of this do you??
dont get what ? dont get that u are saying that they hit tru walls ? or what I am not getin here

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
SethNaket said:
The only surprise in this thread is that someone is retarded enough to lend their account to the biggest account scammer on the server.
if u say so =)

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
-. -.-- -.-. said:
Once (or rather IF ever) they fix this CONE stuff.. you reckon they might tone the damage down a little aswell on the DD's? :eek:
mate, sorcs n cabas do as much damage with dd as bainshee =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom