A little note about Banshees...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
on the Friday Grab Bag...

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2100.shtml

"Q: Is it really intended that the cone AE of the bainshee can hit through walls?

A: No, but we know that it often does. The solution involves a lot of different code issues (LOS, wall code, the bainshees themselves), or else it would already be fixed given the level of importance this issue has with our players. (If you've got a screenshot or a log of a CSR saying otherwise, you do not need to send it. There was an internal misunderstand, but that's been resolved. I appreciate all the feedback forms on this topic.) This is something we are actively working on."

That's your Monday morning topic for discussion folks :D

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Stop bridge camping outside crau and roam a bit and there wont be a wall for u to be hit through ...k

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
Stop bridge camping outside crau and roam a bit and there wont be a wall for u to be hit through ...k

Who camps DC bridge? :eek6:

I like your logic though - if we attack a Hib keep and get bansheed it's our own fault for trying to take the keep... :touch:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:

I like your logic though - if we attack a Hib keep and get bansheed it's our own fault for trying to take the keep... :touch:

yes, you expect it to be easy :) :drink:

:m00:

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Bracken said:

no no ! ..make no mistake ..you never attempted to take crau ..ye took the keep closest to our porting point and set up a little village on our bridge with a few warlocks and sm's ..

and when we went to go to the otherside of the bridge for some form of ranged warfare ..the alb ice wizz camp squad made a dash for that :O

and bainshees were forced against their will to fight around walls ..bless their little hearts :(
poor guys ..

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
ye took the keep closest to our porting point and set up a little village on our bridge with a few warlocks and sm's ..

Damn you got me. Except I play Alb :eek:

Frostor

Fledgling Freddie
same thing with albs xD
couple of sorcs , some ice wizzies , bg bots , instawtfstunbots and u got urself aurores squad xD

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
Bracken said:

no no ! ..make no mistake ..you never attempted to take crau ..ye took the keep closest to our porting point and set up a little village on our bridge with a few warlocks and sm's ..

and when we went to go to the otherside of the bridge for some form of ranged warfare ..the alb ice wizz camp squad made a dash for that :O

and bainshees were forced against their will to fight around walls ..bless their little hearts :(
poor guys ..

girls you mean as bainshee's are only female :clap:

sorry was bored at work

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
not entirely sure what some random albs/mids camping DC bridges has to do with bainshee's jump-casting cone aoe through the windows at beno or wiping rams full of people via the same "trick" at behn.

but hey ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:
not entirely sure what some random albs/mids camping DC bridges has to do with bainshee's jump-casting cone aoe through the windows at beno or wiping rams full of people via the same "trick" at behn.

but hey ;)
shroom + cone effect ftw!

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
So ..I messed up the quote ..so I got the bainshees sex wrong ..so I presumed he was mid but he was alb ..the bottom line is ..im an Idiot ..so there ..I win fakkers :(

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
who cares about cones I mean who ever had a nice FG fight @ a tower/bridge ? ? ? ?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Lorfo said:
who cares about cones I mean who ever had a nice FG fight @ a tower/bridge ? ? ? ?

If you don't care about cones, DON'T ADD ON OUR THREAD FFS!!!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Untill mythic solves geometry issues, or caoe gets ae-dropoff, i would like to see all windows in a keep covered with boards and planks and nailed shut :(

All this yelling at walls that contain windows and killing people in droves behind the wall is just TOO stupid.

It should be a mythic police to disable bugged features untilll they work properly, not have half of the player community suffer till they clean out their shit.

try to imagine my contempt for the people who live of abusing those little exploits.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
bainshees are seriously underpowered and they need to make use of every available exploit :mad:

btw if you get CAEd through a wall just let your ice wizards/SMs/warlocks pbaoe back - not sure if it works but one side will get RPs for sure ;)

Mey

Part of the furniture
I dont see why people QQ, bainshees use sound to damage there foe's, sound travels through some walls...

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>bainshees are seriously underpowered and they need to make use of every available exploit :mad:

i hope that is ironny mate. Then again, compared to garbannoch, any caster you play must feel underpowered ;)

>>btw if you get CAEd through a wall just let your ice wizards/SMs/warlocks pbaoe back - not sure if it works but one side will get RPs for sure ;)

problem is pbaoe has 300 radius (except the warlock one <rolls eyes>) and fall-off. cae has no falloff and 700 radius ? chances to hit back a bianshee who can 3 shot a fg are vitually zero through this.

i can hit a bianshee at 300 distance for 1 point of damage with pbaoe.. they`ll hit me back for 500 ish at ANY distance.

AE dropoff on pbaoe `kinda` balances geometry issues as chances to do massive damage without LoS ar minimized, just taking 1 step away from the center of the pbaoe often reduces the damage from massive to a trickle... the no-ae-dropoff on cae makes it a far worse geometry abusing tool.

Jess

Loyal Freddie
Mey said:
I dont see why people QQ, bainshees use sound to damage there foe's, sound travels through some walls...

So does mages magic damage using the mystical 'Ether' in your everyday real world.
Ether

But Mythic somehow decided that it works different in their game.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Mey said:

then in that case bards/mincers/skalds would be able to do the same as there sound aren't they?

Guinever

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
then in that case bards/mincers/skalds would be able to do the same as there sound aren't they?

yes !!!! givf Bards bainshee dmg

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

but hey ;)

Pbaers can do the same, but do nerf bainshees. seems logical xd

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:

cuz they have a lot of AE damage right

Kanim

Banned
Muylaetrix said:
bianshee who can 3 shot a fg are vitually zero through this.

maybe you should sc some body into your suit and make sure the clerics rb body resist every 10 mins mater :mad:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Mastade said:
Pbaers can do the same, but do nerf bainshees. seems logical xd

pbaers only hit within 300 radius and have dropoff.... slight difference.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
CAE is powerful in some situations but believe me the number of times you can effectively use CAE are VERY rare - much more so than PBAOE.

Of course all the LOS stuff should be fixed asap but I really doubt this will happen anytime soon as it seems to be just random geometry flaws and it's kinda hard to fix that in one go.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
pbaers only hit within 300 radius and have dropoff.... slight difference.

Bainshees still hit for less. i rarely get to use my CAE nuke tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom