Help A little market research

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Ok for my latest module I am promoting a fictional new service that will be introduced in the library and I was wondering if any of you would mind just spending a few minutes to tell me what images/words describe how you perceive the library (it doesn't matter if you don't use them, just tell me how you imagine them).

So if you wouldn't mind just saying whether you are male or female, your age bracket (16-20, 20-25, 25-30, 30-35, 35-40, 40+) and just a few words or images that pop into your head or how you would describe the library(no more than 100 words is necessary tbh, less is more!)

Depending on responses I will be using the information late next week and will post again to let you know when this thread is no longer needed, thank you if you can spare the time it really will help my assignment!

:wub:
xxx

Marc

FH is my second home
male
30-35
Dusty Books, old ladies

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
male
20-25
lots of books, have to jump through hoops to take one home, really quiet, worse than google

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Male
25-30 :p
Rows of grey metal libraries with old computers indexing ISBAN numbers

Ezteq

Queen of OT
OK just some feedback so others know what to do, this is all perfect (if a little disheartening...) the response format is exactly what I was after, thank you for getting the ball rolling and hopefully more people will participate!

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Male 30-35
populated by what appear to be crippled old men but who are in reality deadly wizards from the end of time.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Male
16-20
Great benefit to society esp. low income people but somewhat limited in range of books

mooSe_

FH is my second home
male
16-20
quiet... too quiet, lots books from the author/series that I want to read, but never the exact one I'm looking for, so I have to come back again in like a week
(I do like the library though, as there's never any chavs there)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Male 30-35
Somewhere to find information regarding the town and somewhere to get books by authors I haven't read before.

A side note, we have a good Library in Northampton, though the smaller surrounding ones aren't all that great really.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Male
25-30
Quiet, Books, Internet (and just at my local - Stupid Judgemental Whore.)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Dunno if you want foreigners aswell Ez, but here goes

Male 20-25
Open space with room for quiet studying and help from another place than the internet. Hardly use it to borrow books but instead as a place where I can focus more than usual.

Based on:
00996ef0aa30cf711a9d19106c082f8d.jpg

Ezteq

Queen of OT
holy handgrenades thats one heck of a library lol!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
male 20-25
somewhere at university that i have to go to do work sometimes

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ours in Arnhem is like that too, and this town is "only" 150k residents

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Male
20-25
Peaceful, choice, sombre, study.

although to be honest at this time of year in my college library th only words that describe it are crowded, boiling and full of either dumb bints who wont shut up about what fucking fake tan they use or hermit anoraks who give you a shhh and an evil stare if you even dare to make the noise it takes to breath!

/rant off :p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
male
25-30
Harder to rent a book than it is to rent a movie.
Quite unwelcomming with regards to atmosphere, would rather go to a coffee shop to enjoy a book
Great for schools (pre internet age)
I just dont feel libraries have progressed and moved with the times, the age of the internet killed the library star

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Male
40-45
Quiet place, informative for research.

Calo

Part of the furniture
male
20-25
Place where you can look for books that you can't read on the i-net :p
and ofcourse to search books about stuff that i have to study, business intelligence etc..

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
male
20-25
big shelves full of books, old wooden type shelves. old grey haired women with glasses.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Male
40+
a place of learning that maybe i should have spent more time in, run by timid middle age ladies in cardigans who drink cuppa soup for dinner

Although if we had more places like New York public library i think more people would go, its awe inspiring

dsc00779m.jpg

mooSe_

FH is my second home
male
16-20
quiet... too quiet, lots books from the author/series that I want to read, but never the exact one I'm looking for, so I have to come back again in like a week
(I do like the library though, as there's never any chavs there)

Also the people who work in the library always smile at me when I borrow a book or whatever, which makes a nice change as most people over 30 glare at me

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
male, 25-30.

Outdated, underfunded, badly stocked, in need of overhaul.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Male 16 - 19

Knowledge, peaceful, achievement, in need of new technology.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
OK thanks for all your feedback chaps I really appreciate this and the question is now closed.

I would like to say though how worrying it is that so many of you have such a bad opinion of the library, the libraries down here that I have worked in are anything but quiet, there are always events and activities going on, they are newly refurbished and colourful and while some middle aged ladies work there they are not (all...there are one or two lol) fuddy duddies.

Since working at the libraries I have met some of the funniest, most creative, nicest and open minded people I have had the pleasure to work with, the stock in our libraries is diverse and we get new stuff in daily...it is a shame that when we put new books and DVDs out they get stolen and that doesn't do the image any good when people ask if we have terminator salvation yet and we have to say "yes, but you can't borrow it because some bastard nicked it".

In the bournemouth libraries you can borrow books, graphic novels, DVDs (£1 a week!! how good is that!), CDs, talking books on MP3 players, PS2 & Wii games (some libraries actually have PS2's that users can play on, though some of these were nicked also), we provide free internet access for one hour a day, have book groups, coffee mornings and kids activities, laptop power point access (though no wi-fi as yet) and friendly (mostly) helpful staff.

I just wanted to write a bit and clear the name of libraries from being fussy, dusty, outdated places... I mean they can't be that normal and boring or I wouldn't want to work there :)

Thanks again for all the input guys
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom