a little help

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi guys,

I normally lurk in the daoc forums, but was hoping some of you could give us some idea's.

I chat to a romanian friend I know everyday, but since friday afternoon ive lost all contact. Normally I would just guess that her internet had gone down again (it happens sometimes but it's usually back up maybe 1-2 days at most). But its been over 4 days now, just wondering if anyone knew if there was a way in finding out if her internet company was actually having a problem or not - im just worried thats all as ive heard news reports about falling trees etc etc.. you know what stuff passes through your mind when your worried.

Her email address domain name ends in .go.ro if thats any help. Ive tried doing a google search but having limited knowlage in the romanian language ive kinda come to a dead end. Also she lives in bucharest.

Any thoughts/ideas etc will be greatly appreciated.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Skaven said:
Any thoughts/ideas etc will be greatly appreciated.

Skaven said:
I normally lurk in the daoc forums, but was hoping some of you could give us some idea's.

Don't be tellin' you're a DAOC person first, they dun like it 'round 'ere...i shouldn't even be talkin' to ya...oh shiet...*runs*

No but seriously, only thing i came up with is calling bucharest and asking directly. But that's a bit like callnig the FBI and asking if they found any cool bombs yet.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Tohtori said:
Don't be tellin' you're a DAOC person first, they dun like it 'round 'ere...i shouldn't even be talkin' to ya...oh shiet...*runs*

No but seriously, only thing i came up with is calling bucharest and asking directly. But that's a bit like callnig the FBI and asking if they found any cool bombs yet.

lol :)

Im not kinda in panic stations just yet as to call up, ive got her house address etc so I can always write to her etc etc - im hoping the worst is that her computer has just died or that the internet connection has just gone, and im proberbly just being stupid and worrying over nothing.

Anyways, back to work, take my mind off things.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The likely option option is she is bored of talking to you and would like to chat to someone who has a broad range of interests...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
She probably found a rich american and is now trying to get her green card rather than a British passport by marrying him over you.

Sounds like you're SOL.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
dysfunction said:
The likely option option is she is bored of talking to you and would like to chat to someone who has a broad range of interests...

You forgot to say that she probably thinks he's the putrid scum of the earth and he makes her puke each time she thinks of him.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
You forgot to say that she probably thinks he's the putrid scum of the earth and he makes her puke each time she thinks of him.

oh bugger!!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
dysfunction said:

Ignore Dys he has limited understanding with what goes on in the real world :p

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I will offer some advice to you, yes I know you are a beard owner and you enjoy sandals and a foaming beer BUT I like the cut of your jib so here goes -

Relax, don't worry, she may not of paid her internet bill or she may have an ill relative/hamster that she is caring for, either way don't worry, wait and see what happens.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
She might be hitchhiking her way to your house, ready for some hot DaoC action.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Tbh I have started playing DAOC again and I am by far the coolest mother fucker to grace the general section. So sit down bitches!!!!

Trem

Calaen said:
Tbh I have started playing DAOC again and I am by far the coolest mother fucker to grace the general section. So sit down bitches!!!!

Aye give it a go again chum, you were bloody awful at CSS so lets see how you do at Hedge Adventures 47 or whatever its called.

*runs*

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Calaen said:

Aah, that cheered me up. funniest thing I've read in ages.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Skaven said:
Normally I would just guess that her internet had gone down again

Or his internet.

Don't worry, it'll be a fat smelly man pretending to be a woman. Maybe he's on his way to give you some hot boaby?

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
such love :fluffle: :p

Will give it till monday next week anyway, i'll write a letter and find out whats happend. Thanks guys :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
Skaven ya ****, bet its yer mail order bride.

Try going to her ISP's webiste? (if she uses some random webmail thingy then you're probably shit out of luck unless you've been spying on her).

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
lol :)

Aye, Ive tried doing a little research but can't seem to find much about go.ro - seems lots of people have it but can't find the actual 'supplier'

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Big G said:
Or his internet.

Don't worry, it'll be a fat smelly man pretending to be a woman. Maybe he's on his way to give you some hot boaby?

It could be worse, it could be a ginger man pretending to be a mail order romanian wife.... it could be tom :eek6:

Trem

Ch3tan said:
It could be worse, it could be a ginger man pretending to be a mail order romanian wife.... it could be tom :eek6:

*fap*

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
I have a friend overseas and I regularly lose contact for weeks or months at a time. The first time was a bit worrying, I'm with you there, but you get used to it, its part of the deal with some "less advanced" countries. Relax, she'll be back.
And Dys, shame! :twak:

ps Hi again! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom