A little discussion.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In a chat/board somewhere:

<Ruffles> Well i got back from the GF today.
<Frippy> Boned? *lol*
<Ruffles> No, she said that we're through.
<Nix> HAha!
<Frippy> Sorry dude.
<Ruffles> Yeh, ta mate. She said that my constant lazyness was the cause.
<Frippy> Well you are lazy! :D
<Ruffles> Well not that lazy.
<Nix> She dun like yur cook!
<Ruffles> Shut up Nix.
<Nix> FU homo.
<Ruffles> *sigh* It's not the worst part though.
<Frippy> ??
<Nix> You really homo? *rofl*
<Ruffles> FU nix...my mother is in the hospital and probably wont make it.
<Frippy> Damn.
<Nix> PRobably 'cause her son is a homo.
<Ruffles> Hey go fuck yourself Nix, i've got a few bigger problems then your constant wanking about.
<Nix> Just do the world a favour and blow yur brains out. That way your mother can die in peace, your "Girlfriend" can move along and we don't have to listen to you whine.
<Ruffles> Ah fuck this.
<Ruffles has logged out>
<Nix> lol, he took it nice.
<Frippy> Ruffles is a bit sensitive at times, he'll cool down.

The daily post

Young male, approximately 18 years of age, was found dead in a back alley after he apparently jumped from a fifth story window. No evidence was found for the reason and friends and family said he seemed to be doing allright, even though he had just ended a ong term relationship and his mother was in the hospital, now recovered and back home. The police officials say this will probably stay forever a mystery.

Think about it before you post it dudes, have a nice day.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
think on chat boards people forget sometimes that they are actually talking to real people with feelings and stuff and when "flaming" gets personal it can be very hurtful, yeah so you dont know the flamer/flamee irl but so what just because people say you shouldnt let others get to you its hard not to.

i really hope this little story is fiction made to make people think b4 they post, but weather it is or it isnt just bear in mind that the person your flaming might take it personally (and on a lot of these forums you got little kids posting too). I always find it so sad how little time folk take to take others feelings in to consideration.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It is fiction, meant to make the point Eq so elequently spoke.

I've spoken about this before, in much lenghtier ways, this i hope will make the point to a more younger audience, hensh the format.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Thought it was fiction. "The Daily Post" was too stereotypical of a short article that it seemed untrue. It also had a spelling mistake, which spellcheckers would have sorted out :D.

And tbh I don't think short conversations like that would make someone kill themselves. More of if it was constantly happening to him, and he was already contemplating doing it before the conversation. Not saying that I am encouraging flaming though.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
I think a lot of people forget behind the amazing anonymity of the internet that it is real people on the other end of the wires and what they say can effect lives in a very profound way if you have earned the respect or admiration of another person. Even online.

Am I being overly sensitive about the people I meet and befriend online when I genuinely care about them? How do your views on someone you've met online differ?

I am curious now, this thread and a couple of other recent incidents has made me think seriously about it. Maybe its that I need to take a step back and stop caring so indescriminately(spelling?), or maybe a whole bunch of people need to step up and realise their actions online have consequences even if there's no authority there to enforce them?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Amanita said:
Maybe its that I need to take a step back and stop caring so indescriminately(spelling?), or maybe a whole bunch of people need to step up and realise their actions online have consequences even if there's no authority there to enforce them?

why should you stop having a good character trait because some people take on a bad one?

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
to be honest, the thought of actually commiting suicide has never entered my mind, regardless of how bad things have been. If you even contemplate the idea, you are balancing on mental unstability. I wouldn't take anything some guy who I dont know, said to heart... ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom