A lack of maulers ?

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Been soloing for a while now and was prepared on fighting loads of maulers,
Instead on only 1 night I found one rr6 cow.
On hib i usually see a few around, am I just missing them ? :p

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Nobody wants to fight them and you get zerged down by anyone. Don't see the point in having one.

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
they used to say the same for vamps when they came...

most used words: lame, gimp,noob,no skill, zergling,shit class.

priceless

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Friars are not a fun class to fight this patch :(

Gotta add them to my off limits list :eek:

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
im still deciding on a spec for my staff mauler (hes fully templated) not sure if i should go high powerstrikes rest into aura manipulation because the staff swings so slowly :)

Also the problem is EVERYONE goes o look a mauler and kills it outright before finding out what spec it is. I was magnetism for a while and still got jumped by surprisingly lots of people.

I would play my mauler more but meh no speed :D

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Been soloing for a while now and was prepared on fighting loads of maulers,
Instead on only 1 night I found one rr6 cow.
On hib i usually see a few around, am I just missing them ? :p

why you'd want to fight them? you probably didnt met a well templated/played one i guess.

personally i couldn't kill haxen's (?) mauler for about 10 minutes while playing my vw who was bging the druid.
ofc, i'm not part of the skilled crew, but anyway i think i'm a bit above your average rr4 joe that one can sometimes meet in rvr.

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
there isn't so many anymore people just went back to playing their mains i think

liloe

It's my birthday today!
They get zerged down instantly, so people play another class =)

censi

Can't get enough of FH

priceless

bet you have one!

Im out of touch but it sounds to me like the solo game is a little bit kind of up in the air at the moment.. its always dangerous giving classes fast hots... like valks wardens maulers vamps etc... When you have high hits and decnet AF and some reasonably melee defense, HOTs can just be a little bit to much. last thing I remeber before quitting was duelling valks a lot with me hunter and not really able to do anything to them...

I was thinking of finishing off me savage so I can try it on some of these leet visual classes...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

priceless

they are still a noclue class. same as warlocks and bainshees...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I was thinking of finishing off me savage so I can try it on some of these leet visual classes...

savage class still exist in this game? :) havent seen one in i dunno how long :(

censi

Can't get enough of FH
thats one of the reasons it might be cool...

from what I read they are not played because they aint that good...

kivik

Part of the furniture

Took mine out for a spin the other day, still as fun as real nasty in groups/small groups but I think they're pretty bad for soloing, atleast we get our selfbuffs on a 30s duration in 1.89! :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I can't see a savage coping any better with strong visuals then any of the other options really. Not unless they got a lot of love i hadn't noticed since last I killed some.

Maulers on the other hand are just pointless to fight, even more so then pre-nerf warlocks in my opinion, at least those were quite squishy once you worked through the chambers.

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
I loved seeing the Maulers in Rvr. Cool looking things to be honest. Not tried em yet as they seem to run in packs of 10...like condoms, only less fun to use.

ps. Use condoms...otherwise the world will have too many kobbies.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
I can't see a savage coping any better with strong visuals then any of the other options really. Not unless they got a lot of love i hadn't noticed since last I killed some.

Maulers on the other hand are just pointless to fight, even more so then pre-nerf warlocks in my opinion, at least those were quite squishy once you worked through the chambers.

well they are getting their buffs on a 30 second timer which is a big 1v1 boost. but yes the have zero ranged abilities, no insta instrupts no debuffs really.. So they are a bit like a heavy tank in that respect..

looking forward to fighting these maulers... they do sound a bit retarded. but we all know sooner or later they will get nerfed and no one will play them.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
well they are getting their buffs on a 30 second timer which is a big 1v1 boost. but yes the have zero ranged abilities, no insta instrupts no debuffs really.. So they are a bit like a heavy tank in that respect..

looking forward to fighting these maulers... they do sound a bit retarded. but we all know sooner or later they will get nerfed and no one will play them.

Duel wield most of them are. Get power return on beeing hit aswell as on hitting, reflex attack, twf and such, wargay, pbt, fumble, 2 hot's and prolly forgot a couple things aswell.

It's ok'ish to fight them on a shield class, when things get hairy just engage, but... I hade 15min fights (on chimpo 50blunt/42shield/39valor) goin nowhere and just gave up at some point.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
its only their fumble debuff that fucks everything up tbh, without it they are pretty killable on merc/inf at least.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved

Started playing mine, just got him a nice temp, kobold savage just need ml's and some rr now, he just rr2. Solo fights ive had so far have been tough, casters though are mainly a breeze unless is moc lt variety. 1.89 patch when self buffs last 30 secs is sure gonna be sweet. Now if they just made that taunt an insta and interuptable or give back charge then they will be complete.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
well my staff maulers now respecced hes got the fumble debuff and tbh its the only way he can win most fights as he swings rather slowly and most folks evade block or he misses.

However i noticed that a lot of people just wont fight him full stop

Everz

FH is my second home
well my staff maulers now respecced hes got the fumble debuff and tbh its the only way he can win most fights as he swings rather slowly and most folks evade block or he misses.

However i noticed that a lot of people just wont fight him full stop

probably for fear of getting banned if they win ;x

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
When savage hits around 4L4+ and got "The one" they are a pain in the ass in an assist train, they hit damn hard even without doubles/triples/quads if the one procs.

illu

Part of the furniture
What is "the one"?

And basically if there aren't any maulers about, it's simply because people don't like playing OP classes much (it gets boring for most normal people), and also people fighting them had no chance of winning so they get avoided, which means you have lots of lonely maulers wandering around not getting fights which is not a fun evening of RvR.
In Melee, if they have IP (RR2?+), they are almost unkillable to most other meleers but the recent HoT change in 1.89 might change the situation slightly.
I played a little Mauler to RR2ish but went staff spec which does not seem as lethal as the fist wrap spec and got bored pretty quick.

Oli - Illu

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Dont worry people! 1.89 will solve the problems.

Maulers wont be that much of a pain. Including Valkyries. Paperbags.

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Duel wield most of them are. Get power return on beeing hit aswell as on hitting, reflex attack, twf and such, wargay, pbt, fumble, 2 hot's and prolly forgot a couple things aswell.

125 DD on lvl 50 style helps pretty much too :(

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Dont worry people! 1.89 will solve the problems.

Maulers wont be that much of a pain. Including Valkyries. Paperbags.

theres not that much difference in mauler, friar and warden HoTs.. but valks on the other hand.. they get nerfed from 96 delve to 40!
while the other 3 goes from 73-60, 58-50 and 43-40.
like wtf? vamps gets nerfed too, sure.. but even if they only go fotm spec, they still have the best HoT spell in the game.. still.. they need 21 SM to have a better HoT than valks now, and they could easily beat valks when valks had the good HoT
pretty useless now tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom