A joke...

C

Cdr

Q. Why did the man get banned from the BW SOF2 IRC Channel?

A. Cos he played on a Jolt server.......

Funny? No, not really, I thought the same thing last night when after joining a Jolt server to play SOF2 I came back to find an apology from The-Don in my PM. Huh? I thought, what have I done? I then checked back over the logs for the channel and found that I had been banned (for a short time) for joining a Jolt server. I'm not normally one to complain, but if joining another GSP server is a bannable offence, then I'm sorry but your rules need to be looked at (not that I've seen any rules stipulating if a person plays on another server then they get banned). As much as I would like to play on BW (after all, I pay for it), the servers are empty and I don’t particularly wish to join a server on my own and shoot at the walls.

If by banning people who join other GSP servers is a way of drumming up support, then it's certainly an interesting strategy.

I’m afraid I have lost all confidence in BW and its way of selecting admins. I would like to point out that is was not The-Don who banned me.

N

natrat

As i understand it, you got an apology from another admin. Now *thats* something rare for an admin of any GSP to do.

That sort of thing isn't tolerated in any BW related channel and I wouldnt read too much into a one-off.

C

Cdr

I know I got an apology, but why did it happen in the first place? It doesn’t take a genius to work out if no one's playing on a BW server then I'm gonna go to another server.

N

natrat

Isn't it obvious it happened in the first place because the person who did it was irresponsible and abusing his position? What exactly is it you want? We can go on griping about it or just accept its been dealt with and get on with playing wherever you, or anybody, likes :)

C

Cdr

I want revenge!!!!!!!!

Na, I undertsand, wasnt meant to sound like a git, but it kinda got to me thats all.

T

The-Don

as far as i understand it was just meant to be a joke :/ (that went a bit wrong)

L

Lordy-fool

oooppppsss sorry man that was me!!!

Sorry about that! I clicked on the wrong name, I meant to kick don! but got your name by mistake! Tell you what, if your around tonight I will let you flame me for a couple of hours!

T

The-Don

well there you are! I as usual, am once again the bane of Lordy's jokes... what a tough life!

C

Cdr

Na, tis okay, I kinda made a mountain outta a mole hill - was nothing really, musta woken up in a real foul mood this morning.

L

Lordy-fool

Re: ...

as you can see cdr this is another example of dons affection to man kind!

Well actaully his affection to men is more accurate!

Originally posted by The-Don
well there you are! I as usual, am once again the bane of Lordy's jokes... what a tough life!

Users who are viewing this thread