A good example....

A

allnewdave

......of how annoying Mythic can be.

From the Camelot Herald:

Q: Is it possible to change my character's gender/hair/face/height/stats?

A: If you had to choose the variable during the character creation process, it's hard-wired to your character and impossible for our CSRs to change for you.

The actual answer is.

A: Yes, but we wont let you or the CSR's do it because we cant be arsed writing new code.

K

katt!

Originally posted by Anaphylaxis
......of how annoying Mythic can be.

From the Camelot Herald:

Q: Is it possible to change my character's gender/hair/face/height/stats?

A: If you had to choose the variable during the character creation process, it's hard-wired to your character and impossible for our CSRs to change for you.

The actual answer is.

A: Yes, but we wont let you or the CSR's do it because we cant be arsed writing new code.

and if they did people would cry like babies that they are not working on balance etc.

O

old.Tohtori

What the hell? Did someone just want to turn into a dragqueen?

L

lakih

Anaphylaxis, you seems to know alot about how DAoC is programmed, why dont you write your own codeznipped, send it to mythic and they might implement it?

no?

R

Rulke-RM

Well...I imagine changing your avatar is possible, i tried CoAD server a bit and you could easilly change the model of your toon to any mob or race/gender. Also when you see dev's in game, they seem to have no problem changing their form on the fly.

However, who gives a f*ck. I'd much rather they got on with writing/translating patches

L

Lumikki

Ok why WOULD they bother changing someones character appearance? One made their choices when the char was made, period.

xx

K

Keogh

Maybe the dragon should drop a new Full Body Respec Stone and Sidi, sorry not sure what the Mid/Hib versions of Sidi are called,should drop Single Feature Respec Stones so you can change yr tash if you want.

And how about a Gender Respec Stone for trannys?

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Keogh
And how about a Gender Respec Stone for trannys?

sorry, this isn´t Dark Age of Sweden

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Addlcove
sorry, this isn´t Dark Age of Sweden

Come to Midgard, you might change your mind :D

Disclaimer: Archeon was mearly pointing out a fair number of Mid/Excal players come from the Netherland region's. He was in no way, shape or form endorsing that the Swed's are all trannys. ;)

A

allnewdave

fao lakih

My reference to new code was directed at UI code to allow people to change settings in game.

The character settings are based on the player models available. the models and textures are all client side the only character data will be references to model/animation files.

This typically takes the form of a text file with sensible named variables. eg

race=1 (1-18)
height=3 (1-3)
face=5 (1-?)
hair=3 (1-?)

Height assumes the model is dynamically scaled which i think is right.

Theres also other settings for the texture and dye (light) for each piece of armour, weapon and cloak and helmet type. Not very complicated really.

All that data for each character is tramsmitted to each client at the appropriate time.

During big zergs and raids there is a lag as the server has to send large quantities of data to lots of clients simultaniously. This is what happens when the screen freezes as zergs move into view range.

L

lakih

Originally posted by Archeon
Disclaimer: Archeon was mearly pointing out a fair number of Mid/Excal players come from the Netherland region's. He was in no way, shape or form endorsing that the Swed's are all trannys. ;)

What does the netherlands got to do with sweden?

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Keogh
should drop Single Feature Respec Stones so you can change yr tash if you want.

118-118 anyone ? <queue 'Rocky' Music>

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by lakih

Must mean scandinavia...dunno what scandinavia has to do with netherlands either but...

A

Archeon

Don't mind me, i'm geographically ignorant. Everything in that part of Europe counts as the netherlands for me.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Anaphylaxis, you seems to know alot about how DAoC is programmed, why dont you write your own codeznipped, send it to mythic and they might implement it?

no?

It's called GM TOOLS. There is no problem whatsoever in changing your characters stats, nor appearance etc :G

Tho, you shouldn't be able to change your appearance.
But your starting points, yes please.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Archeon
Don't mind me, i'm geographically ignorant. Everything in that part of Europe counts as the netherlands for me.

no no no, it's the nether regions, dear boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom