[SUGGESTION] A further change to backlash mechanic

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Now anyone who is beyond level 25 will know what I'm talking about.

Two level 30 Dot spec BW with two guild healers. Jesus you might as well AFK! I had one tick a dot on me for 530 (I had four dots on me, two from each of them!). My one second DD nuke does a 860 crit (sorc) and that has a 5 second cooldown! :(

What I propose is keep the current system. But change the backlash mechanic slighty.

So once you hit 100% and you start hitting your self for 550. Increase that number the longer you stay at 100%. It will make sure it reaches the point where it's unbearable for healers and will force BW to purge so they can't dot up an entire group and then run around /lol'ing as people struggle to heal through it.

I know, an intelegent suggestion from moi? How bizzare!

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Nerf BWs!

Joking aside I also think the dots are bit too much. Wouldn't mind that same damage from just single target nukes.

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
Er my sorc is 23 and when bolstered to 28 in lake/scenario crits for over 1k...and im AOE/Destruction specced...wtf are you doing?

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Er my sorc is 23 and when bolstered to 28 in lake/scenario crits for over 1k...

Aye so do I with a doombolt. I'm talking about gloomburst.

Can we, you know, stick to the topic at hand and not go off cock waving?

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
Aye so do I with a doombolt. I'm talking about gloomburst.

Can we, you know, stick to the topic at hand and not go off cock waving?

The topic at hand is that you are taking one spell, using it in the wrong situation, and making a completely faulty comparison in order to imply that backlash is somehow broken....

Gloomburst in PVP is a finisher, not your primary damage spell in any spec. Its damage is certainly irrelevant for the purposes of a discussion on damage-over-time and backlash.

Quite apart from comparing gloomburst with a dot-specced Bright Wiz is a ridiculous distortion of facts in the first place. Compare a similar specced calamity sorc and then you have a starting point.

Backlash works fine (and the BW equiv) you went up against two enemies backed by healers, used the wrong tactics, and BACKLASH is the source of your problem? Even if backlash didnt exist at all you were not going to win that fight. You should have turned and run or find yourself a pocket healer & tank.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
your only doing 860dmg crits at your lvl? lol
i was doing that at 12 when my level was boosted to 18 in scenarios on my sorc...

anyway backlash is fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom