A FREE GIFT from GOA.

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Nomans Land said:
Its been said that people here have been on the yearly plan since the game started. But if I remember correctly (and please correct me if im wrong). The yearly planned was only introduced 1+1/2 or 2years ago was it not?
True, but what i think ppl mean is that the 'most valued customors' is the ones who have been here from start, never missed a day due to subscriptions running out, and NOW have it on 1 year renewal plan.

Been here since afew days after release with my main account, never missed a day afair, but subs have run out, but renewed the same day as they ran out = i only missed afew hours.

But then again - if the 'gift' is only 1 month subscription at ½ price (as someone said earlier, dunno if its true), then i dont really care - if the population of 'most valued customors' is only the ones stated above (which cant be many ppl), then that kind of 'gift' is like pissing on ppl.

But as said - i dont care, i dont expect to get a gift, i pay to have fun, just thing they should spend the money on something called 'advertising' to get new ppl to play the game. The player base have been dropping the last year or so. Fresh blood is needed, or the game will die to soon.

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Agreed ^^ this game needs to be advertised in UK (Ive never seen it been?).

Though to be fair, I havent seen alot of other MMORPGs been advertised? Just the wee shitty EA games :) and ofc rockstar games! coz they rock!

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
on the back of the catacombes Manual :

Special thanks to :

Blah, blah blah,
Charlotte, Christina, Lee and Dean (Bastion, United Kingdom) for their Precious and active contributions to the promotion to DAoC. :touch:

The only reason the store i get my daoc stuff from knows about it is becuase i always go to them , otherwise i'd be swing in the rain

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
It's going to long term players drawn up according to some very strict guidelines that I'm not allowed to reveal.

I'm not sure if this is all a good idea...been playing since day 1, and nothing in my Inbox. I pay monthly, always have.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
i bet its one of those GOA mouse mats i got from london rl meet! :wij:

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
So let me get this straight, only players who have been playing since day 1 (or week 1 god knows) and who have autorenew on 1 year subs get a free gift?

That's absolutely bullshit if they think those are the most loyal customers.

Here's a worst case scenario (and no it ain't anyone i know):
A person plays daoc from day 1 and pays with monthly autorenewed subs.
Reason he does this is as he can't afford to pay more then 1 month every month. He never asks for a refund of payment or cancels the sub.
summary: you got a customer that pays every month non stop for a year long (even longer)

Now tell me why on earth this person isn't more or less loyal then the ones that pay 1 year sub straight away?

I know i didn't get the mail but i'm not expecting it either as i took the sub over from my brother around errr end of may 2002 and i had to stop for a month because of last year heavy work in college. So there goes the continuity in goa's eyes i suppose...

Yet it still makes me wonder for all the people that played since day 1 or week 1 and never quit, why they didn't deserve a gift and others do.

Imo, that's lousy marketing... but then againm that doesn't surprise me as all the marketing ppl really have some weird non-logical ways of thinking.

But in maths 1 and 1 is still 2. and not 1 as marketing ways in this case seems to think!
:eek7:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
who cares, all it is is half a months sub (so i hear) i wouldnt even bother with the gauntlet of GOAs sub pages for that.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I have no idea what the gift is but I do know it's not free time. We don't need your postal address to give you extra play time....

I can also tell you that you don't need to have been a subscriber since day 1. There are different gifts for different lengths of time. However there are strict criteria as to who is eligible.

As far as I know the emails are being sent in batches and not all at the same time. If youthink you should be eligible then you should check your email address to make sure it's up-to-date and you should also check to see that there are no filters at either your ISP/mailhost or on your email client that would block a message from a noreply email address.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
I doubt many Mids or Hibs will then be getting the special reward :(
Regards, Glottis
Isn't it about time someone fixed this record?

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Been here since 1 hour after Servers was opened ^^

And I havent got anything either.

As far as I know, I only missed 2 days payment, cus my acc expired a friday evening and couldnt repay during weekends at that time. Was a tuff weekend, with RL *sigh*

I WANT FREE STUFF!!!

:D

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
As it seems, neither Methos nor me have gotten anything yet.
Interesting to see how ppl react, some not all, when it comes to FREE things. I couldnt care less if anyone else got anything for FREE for playing a game and more over, paying for the same game for that long.
It was a nice suprise to find the email in my folder and im looking forward to what may come..or not :) who knows :) I will keep you ppl posted if anything comes by.
Some details to fuel the rumors more..i havent had a continually 1 year sub ALL the time i think, but never missed a day, applied to rightnow a few times now, 6 or more, whined to rightnow as a good customer does sometimes :) but overall i think i have done nothing special to EARN a gift, so im happy when/if i get one :)

No ban, No other thing done wrong if i remember correctly.

Faya

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Aadia said:
That's absolutely bullshit if they think those are the most loyal customers.
Sigh, GOA goes out of their way to do something nice for the community, and people have to cry about it. :rolleyes: I haven't received anything, but I still think it's a nice initiative, now dry your eyes.

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Sigh, GOA goes out of their way to do something nice for the community, and people have to cry about it. :rolleyes: I haven't received anything, but I still think it's a nice initiative, now dry your eyes.

It's not about that Belomar, read better.

The way they said it was a free gift for loyal customers. I was just pointing out what/who is a loyal customer and where there is/isn't a difference.

It's about sticking up for people who should have gotten one if i read the mails here of ppl that got one and those who didn't. It's there i wondered how GOA saw their most loyal customers.

I've got some really serious doubts about how they put their marketing up for this one. Great for the people who got it, but i'm quite sure i can name a dozen names who hadn't gotten an email and deserve one.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Remember that people here are guessing about the criteria used to select those eligible. Length of subscription is just one criterion and it isn't necessary to have subscribed from the very beginning to be eligible.
Also, as I stated previously, the emails are not all being sent out at once and additionally it's likely that some people who are eligible haven't recieved an email due to spam/privacy filters or having an incorrect email address in their profile.

Miss

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Remember that people here are guessing about the criteria used to select those eligible. Length of subscription is just one criterion and it isn't necessary to have subscribed from the very beginning to be eligible.
Also, as I stated previously, the emails are not all being sent out at once and additionally it's likely that some people who are eligible haven't recieved an email due to spam/privacy filters or having an incorrect email address in their profile.

blocked due to spam/privacy filter is my guess. ;)

cem8en

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
When I logged into Utopia this morning a screen flashed and said I was visitor number 1 million and won lots of cash. I wonder when I get it!!

I GOT THE SAME POPUP ?!?!?!?1+!?!?+!+!?+1?!?1 :eek2:

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Hmh still no postman ringing on the door..strange this.

Faya

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Calo said:
i hope its somethink like

"well done u wasted to much time with daoc! , your acc will now be deleted! have a happy life!"

now that would be cool :D

ROFL !

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Belomar said:
would prefer the marketing doing their jobs and stocking stores with copies of the game and advertising like they are paid to tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom