A few things cleared up...

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
I hope none of the mods get annoyed by this but Ive been trying to convery things through coim all night and he seems pretty fed up now. So Ill stick it all here instead. This is all concerning what happened on BW tonight:

- First off I was banned for fair reason, I was under the influence of alcohol and made a seres of personal attacks at one individual, along with a few other people.
- I also accept that the other bannings where fair (except nuked's ban on BW but I can understand why he got it).
- I fully respect the supermods here, even more now that they arent being paid to do it.
- (For VF) I have never been warned before, I recieved two PMs from Ziva, both were in the conversation I mentioned and I believe my account to be accurate. I also think this is slightly irrelevent anyway.
- From reading BW it would appear that the stricter modding here has only been due to it being a new forum and eventually it will be handed back solely to the old DAoC moderators and as such things will be back as they are.
- Also many (if not all) of the bannings are not perminent, so all the OT gits can still come back. Its not the end of the world :p

So really in a few months time everything will be back to normal. Well except K9 and ST wont be banned but I'm sure we can live with that...

Thus concludes my teachings ;)

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
i dont want you banned

i love you

you hate me

:(

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not banned from BW or FH, nothing abnormal :)

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I know it will sound cheesy... but get a life. Seriously.

Brockie

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
I hope none of the mods get annoyed by this but Ive been trying to convery things through coim all night and he seems pretty fed up now. So Ill stick it all here instead. This is all concerning what happened on BW tonight:

- First off I was banned for fair reason, I was under the influence of alcohol and made a seres of personal attacks at one individual, along with a few other people.
- I also accept that the other bannings where fair (except nuked's ban on BW but I can understand why he got it).
- I fully respect the supermods here, even more now that they arent being paid to do it.
- (For VF) I have never been warned before, I recieved two PMs from Ziva, both were in the conversation I mentioned and I believe my account to be accurate. I also think this is slightly irrelevent anyway.
- From reading BW it would appear that the stricter modding here has only been due to it being a new forum and eventually it will be handed back solely to the old DAoC moderators and as such things will be back as they are.
- Also many (if not all) of the bannings are not perminent, so all the OT gits can still come back. Its not the end of the world :p

So really in a few months time everything will be back to normal. Well except K9 and ST wont be banned but I'm sure we can live with that...

Thus concludes my teachings ;)

You really are two-faced...

pez

Can't get enough of FH
old.Osy said:
I know it will sound cheesy... but get a life. Seriously.

from the guy who reregistered as 'old.' e-penis anyone?

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
nostalgia?

its not THAT long ago game bought into bw.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
lol

my old account age puts yours to shame tbh!

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
ST^ said:
lol

my old account age puts yours to shame tbh!

And that is relevant or at least important, how ?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hi BI, and sorry about your BW ban, wish it could have been avoided. You're pretty close with your summary but after a lengthy chat with TedTheDog (amongst others) I thought I'd add some more clarifications for you.

BlitheringIdiot said:

Not entirely true, in that we don't want things back exactly as they were on BW/Game.net. There are no commercial links with FreddysHouse, it is purely a voluntary thing set up by TedTheDog and Deebs even if it does look and feel like BarrysWorld.

In the past, the CoC at BW was worded in a way that meant fast turnaround, single line response type threads were allowed provided you added some content in each message (as opposed to the infamous '+1'). These can run at a very fast pace, growing in numbers of pages very rapidly, and even if there is content being added this kind of thread is what I have been referring to as being more in place in IRC. This is the kind of thread I have been very wary of here at FH because of the possible impact they can have on bandwidth as people constantly refresh their views to see if the next line has been posted, ready for their next witty repost, and without corporate backing we need to be wary of bandwidth usage. In short, we don't want 'chat' type threads here.

I can tell you that Ted and co are looking closely at what possible chat functionality could be brought to FreddysHouse... i.e. a browser-based chat client hosted by FreddysHouse which would allow this kind of activity without impacting bandwidth so much due to just the text itself being transmitted through... more on that in the future if developments happen.

It is this distinction that I have been trying hard to get across to people and I apologise to those who have been on the wrong end of this if I didn't manage to explain this clearly enough along the way... as soon as things calm down a bit I'll be well out of your regular mods' hair with my feet up and a beer in my hand, I assure you.

BlitheringIdiot said:

This is true... I temporarily banned Flesh, Loxleyhood and Shy last Monday for a week each, so they are back on the 5th. The regular DAOC mods will determine how long Dilinja and Nuked should stay banned following their New Years Eve party.... to be perfectly frank, and difficult as it may be for you to believe, I want them all back and posting sensibly as a part of the community :fluffle:

Happy to answer sensible questions ...

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jupitus said:
This is true... I temporarily banned Flesh, Loxleyhood and Shy last Monday for a week each, so they are back on the 5th. The regular DAOC mods will determine how long Dilinja and Nuked should stay banned following their New Years Eve party.... to be perfectly frank, and difficult as it may be for you to believe, I want them all back and posting sensibly as a part of the community :fluffle:
Happy to answer sensible questions ...

Bans lifted now on Flesh, Loxleyhood and Shy... please post sensibly from hereonin.

The DAOC mods decided that Dillinja and Nuked should be banned for a week, so that has been implemented and will be lifted on Wednesday.

Now, please don't make me get the nasty bad stick out again, guys. :touch:

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupitus said:
It should automatically unban after a week... thank you for being our primary ban tester (;))...

Wanted to put this in me sig but was limited to 300 characters, nerf :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom