A few questions.

Ocid

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all.
These questions may seem really stupid but i can't seem to figure them out.
1: How do i fire arrows? When i equip my bow i can ready my shot but the arrows won't fire.
2: How do i get to the shrouded isles area? I used to play DAoC classic and quit a long time ago before they gave away SI free.
3: I'm a lvl7 hunter and i was wondering where the best area for me to lvl up would be.
Thanks everyone

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
1. you fire arrows by clicking on it once... then again, and then click again so it auto reloads. Make sure you've got the icon on your hotbar, drag your bow from your ranged slot onto the hotbar.

2. you get to SI from either the portal guy in the border keep, that would svasud faste in the vale of mularn or from the actual portal in Nalliten in Gotar.

3. Not sure but since you havent got catas I would say tasking around Aegir. (The SI area)

Ocid

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks DrWolfe.
Sorry to ask this so is it i click on the arrows in my hotbar or my bow :)
And thanks for letting me know where to lvl

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
click the bow icon that you dragged onto your hotbar ;)

and no problem :cheers:

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Ocid said:
Hi all.
These questions may seem really stupid but i can't seem to figure them out.
1: How do i fire arrows? When i equip my bow i can ready my shot but the arrows won't fire.
2: How do i get to the shrouded isles area? I used to play DAoC classic and quit a long time ago before they gave away SI free.
3: I'm a lvl7 hunter and i was wondering where the best area for me to lvl up would be.
Thanks everyone

1. Press the same button again to fire, and press it another time to auto-reload (like DocWolfe said).

2. There are several ways to get to the Shrouded Isles, first way is thru the portal in Nailliten/Gotar. Do /map when you're in the game and you'll see a map comming up telling your location and stuff (very usefull for new people, even I use it a lot ;)). If you look up at the map of "Gotar", you will see where the portal is located. Another way is using the porter in Jordheim, the main city. If you know where the main city is located (East Svealand/Vale of Mularn) just enter it and do /map. It will show you where the porter is. A third way is by using the portals in the housing zone, just enter any house that is open to normal people and buy a scroll from the porter. The scroll you need to buy has something with "isles" on it. Another way is by going to Svasud Faste, 1 of the borderkeeps, buy a medallion (medallion of Isles passage) from the merchant and right click on the Gothi that is on pad with some friends.

3. If you managed to enter Aegirhamn (Midgard main SI area), cross the bridge and you will see a guard tower there. Click on 1 of the guards and /say task. Or you can just kill the mobs around that area, should be around your lvl (but doing tasks goes faster and earns you some money as well).

If you need any further help and you're playing on prydwen, contact me in-game on Thegreatest and I'll try to help you out ;)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Nice to have new players entering the game. :)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Try the irony button again mate! Don´t give up!
You can do it!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I remember first time using a bow...what a pain...

"First time you click it, you cock the arrow."
"Ok."
"Then you click again, it fires, then clickig auto reloads."
"Err...it didn't fire."
"Did you wait until it was ready to fire?"
"What?"
"Wait for it to be ready to fire."
"Then click the first time?"
"No the second."
"That fires?"
"Yes if it's ready."
"Arrow?"
"Bow."
"What arrows does it use?"
"The once you put in."
"I need to put them in?"
"No, it uses the first ones in your inventory."
"Argh!"

Not that i'm helping here... :D

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
You can also use the keyboard now (B is default), to fire as well as to swap to the missile weapon.

To fire it, either :

B to ready bow.
Click on target.
B to draw bow.
Wait 3 secs (or so)
B to fire when ready.
Arrow starts flying.
B to draw bow, and so on.

or

B to ready bow.
Click on target.
B to draw bow.