A few questions....

P

petrolbomb

Quick post to see if anyone can help on a few subjects - Firstly Im going to roll up a warrior soon and wondered if theres a site anywhere that can calculate final hits from a starting con stat (trying to decide whether to go dorf or norse).

Also - I hear skalds get some love soon - anyone know exactly what they get?

Cheers

P

H

Hekate

Character builder

Edit:

Bah...didnt read the question.

N

naetha

Try asking some level 50 warriors in game, see how many hits they have. It also depends on what you're looking for - if you want a blockbot I'd go norse, if you want a frontloaded damage dealer I'd go troll.

Skalds - in patch 1.65 they get an increase in hits, and new DDs at 44 (I think) and 50. Their DDs are also reduced to a 15 minute recast timer like their equivalents.

N

)nick(

15 seconds I presume. Bard has it on 10 seconds although it is a single dd.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by naetha
Try asking some level 50 warriors in game, see how many hits they have. It also depends on what you're looking for - if you want a blockbot I'd go norse, if you want a frontloaded damage dealer I'd go troll.

imo if you want to do damage go zerker or savage, better go kobbie/dwarf/norseman for a warrior. Edit: would go norseman myself if you doubt between norse+dwarf, as 10 more str is better than 10 more con(warriors tend to die when the battle has already been decided in small scale RvR(fg vsfg)).

Skalds - in patch 1.65 they get an increase in hits, and new DDs at 44 (I think) and 50. Their DDs are also reduced to a 15 minute recast timer like their equivalents.

new one at 43/50 and recast timer is 15 secs. Also the lvl 50 DD seems to cost to much mana so speccing for the lvl 50 one isn't worth it according to most skalds.
And DA chant has 1500 range now.

L

lakih

Originally posted by petrolbomb
Quick post to see if anyone can help on a few subjects - Firstly Im going to roll up a warrior soon and wondered if theres a site anywhere that can calculate final hits from a starting con stat (trying to decide whether to go dorf or norse).

Go Dorf imo, just becuse a dorf is a dorf :)

Warrior, Dorf, 10str, 10con, 10dex from start... cant be wrong... but then again, i dont play midgard on regular basis

S

Silenzio

for the skald they gave u the answer...

for warior and dwarf a thing lot ppl ignore

Dwarf resist body 5% slash 2% thrust 3%

all cc is body based... sc cap 26%+5% from racial =31 + aom1 = 34 add determination and rlly no one will be albe to sto u

yess 10 less point in streght... but at 50 + buff + ra wont make huge difference... wile overcapping con could be nice

and over all DAMN DWARVES are So nice :)

li and fat beared gh

N

naetha

I asked a while ago about which class to roll as the hardest hitting - savage or zerker, and nearly everyone said roll a troll warrior instead, and having levelled with one up to 40, I see what they mean. Admittedly this is in PvE, but consistently hitting for 300 damage on orange and red cons, then being able to switch to your shield is something I'd rather have in terms of hard hitting, AND utility. The warrior's extra dps and hit points is also a very nice bonus. Warrior will be the next fotm tank in Mid.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by naetha
I asked a while ago about which class to roll as the hardest hitting - savage or zerker, and nearly everyone said roll a troll warrior instead, and having levelled with one up to 40, I see what they mean. Admittedly this is in PvE, but consistently hitting for 300 damage on orange and red cons, then being able to switch to your shield is something I'd rather have in terms of hard hitting, AND utility. The warrior's extra dps and hit points is also a very nice bonus. Warrior will be the next fotm tank in Mid.

Warrior cant dualwield and dualwielding is what does the most damage in DAOC atm. With 2hander you do 1.4 damage over 1hander and with dualwielding 1.6. Savage also has dps buff+haste, so they wont hit for much in a single hit, but they do hit hard as they can swing more than once in a round.
Atm savage even after 1.65 is the most damaging tank in DAOC atleast with det. Warrior is a good tank, but he sacrifices offense for defence, which means he does less damage. However he does have slam+gaurd and the RA PF(snare proc which savages dont have), so he is useful in groups. However you dont get a warrior in your group for damage, but for his tanking abilities.

And Silenzio sorcerers mezz is energy based ;). Bards +healers mezz is both body, but as mid you dont face the healers mezz :p. Besides with Det you wont feel much off the CC anyway ;).

edit: the 1.6 * 1h damage and 1.4 * 1h damage are not completly accurate numbers and do require some RR's and maxed weaponspec. I dont know the exact formula for 2h'ed damage, but it is around 1.4 or lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom