a few questions

J

jim_01

i asked this in newbies but its a bit dead in there

the minstrel power song overwrites the sorc power buff.

1)is it the same with the run song and run buff? or will the sorc pulse re-kick in once the minstrel run song wears off?

2) im lvl 17 with almost a plat. would someone please give me some guidance on some good buys at my lvl and how much i should be paying for it. im on excalibur.

3) would some kind soul please tell me what i can turn off in the chat log.

so far i have turned off my hits, my death, others death and the last one which is something like spell pulses. is there any more which are mearly text-candy, so to speak, and are not essential / useful?

i would like to re-enable my hits but theres too much spam. my chat box takes up 3/4 of the depth of my screen already.

4) im finding that i dont always get buffs. what buffs should i ask for with what classes? eg if theres a sorc always ask for power 2 if me, as a minstrel, can only do power 1 . if theres a cleric ask for haste etc etc.

5) is there a general rule on when to power and shout dd's / stuns only or should i only power inbetween pulls and always melee? eg if 6 casters and no sorc then perma-power.

6) i read somewhere that power / health regen songs suck if in combat mode. is this the case and could someone give some figures if so?

7) I read this somewhere

"Better yet you can setup 1h, 2h and ranged slots as hotkeys in your keyboard config. This way it doesn't burn a quickbar slot. I have mine set to Q,W,E. It's under options/keyboard at the character selection screen."

But isn't this guy talking crap or can you do this?

8) Is it my lame keyboard or crap programming that makes a lot of the keys double up eg "numberpad right" is the same as "right"?

i SUSPECT ITS THE latter which bites. im desperate for keys. nostromo is a no-go cos im left-handed.

hope so.

THANKS in advance.

L

liste

1) if minstrel and sorc group:

Whichever mana regen is higher level, cancels the other one. Same goes for haste.

2) Really, just buy merchant armor, until you get to Battlegrounds (level 24). you outlevel items too quickly to make any real use for the expensive stuff, but at battlegrounds its nice to have something a little better.

3) Personally, i turn off Others Combat messages, Spell pulse, and thats it. I wouldnt go without my own combat info, ever.

4) Mana regen from sorcs, Damage adds from wizards/theurgists, attack speed buff from theurgists, stat buffs/AF buffs from clerics/friars, Absorb buffs from Necros, Endurance chant from paladins.

5) Depends on the group setup and the pull speed. if the group has a sorc, dont do mana song. if the group can pull reasonably fast without constant mana song, use ablative chant, DDs stuns, mezz etc and melee. Mana song in down time.
Ultimately, its your character. If it bores the life out of you to be a mana battery, dont be one. If group cant accept that, well good riddence, they wont get power song in down time either (as you can leave group. i would, at least).

6) It doesnt suck, as such, its just slower in combat.

7) Yes and no. Currently, this is not available in DAoC Europe, but will be in a later patch (1.65 is it? think so). Until then, you can do it on your quick bar. drag and drop weapon icons, and simply click it to swap. this goes for instruments as well.

8) I'm a left hander too.
i use H J K U for movement
space for jump
, for sprint
. for sit down
y for /stick
i for /face
o for inventory
p for group overlay
L for combat
F1 - F8 to select group members
b select nearest
n select latest attacker
v for auto run
m for mouse look
g for pick up selected
f for select ground item
t for torch
d for center view

have bound all the other fluff as well, but dont use it that much. I find this setup very effective if you use your keyboard alot for controls. you have most functions within reach, and can still use both hands on the quck bar (giving you pretty much all 10 slots available quickly and smoothly). If you use your mouse alot, all this could be nonsese, as the priorities are different.

---

Hope some of this answered a few questions. if you have some more minstrel related ones, /advice, check for a minstrel. otherwise /who 50. one of em is bound to be nice enough to answer a few :)

W

wichtel

Minstrels in groups, I love these discussions :)

Only time I only play PS is in PB groups. And even then target the mob the lowest/weakest tank is taunting, some misses and the wiz could get agro, so a stun together with DD + taunt styles may safe him.

Besides that you can do a lot of things, your the best to peel mobs from casters, find a good position, play PS and be ready to jump on mobs heading for casters/clerics.

BaF pulls, on hard mobs it is important that the first mobs get killed before mez runs out, use your best style and do PS later during the fight.

MEZ! Your single mez is shorter and your AE mez is crap, but you dont die on resisted mez like sorc do. So either mez yourself, or help the sorc mezzing (with stuns, 1 dd to get agro...).

When playing PS, check mezzed mobs to re-mez.

Twist ablative and PS.

There are a lot of options, depends on the group and fighting style. Playing PS is not that bad, if it really helps the group, but you can do a lot more, you will get the experience, then you start to decide, not a group member who has no clue about Minstrels.

But the way to have fun as a Mincer in groups is to have another lower level mincer playing PS :)))
(Or a Sorc)

W.

J

jim_01

liste would you mind further answering some stuff on question 1.

is the sorc run thing a chant (like my songs) or a buff (like say, a clerics af buff)?

if the sorc does his run thing. then i temporarily sing my run song (which is always better), is this a pita for the sorc cos he then has to buff everyone again cos my one has stopped? or will his run thing kick in again?

same with power. if he has power 1 and i have power 2. does he have to rebuff everyone with power 1 once my power 2 has stopped? or will it re-kick in?

TIA

S

Solarius

Sorc run is probably like the run spell for the three mage classes accross the realms. It's not a buff, but a chant (ie it pulses), so while your run song is active, it will get ovewritten by your better song, but once you end your song, the pulse means it will restart itself. So no, the sorc will not need to rebuff everyone (he may have to recast, since if he's like me, it's likely he'll end it when you start yours to avoid the spam :p )

L

liste

the sorc speed spell is a chant. if another speed spell cancels it (a minstrel or higher level sorc, for example) it will pop back on automatically, if the other spell is stopped.

The mana regen spell, is a buff. Buff spells does not pulse back on after they're canceled by other spells, so if the minstrel accidentally (or on purpose, bastard minstrels! ) runs power song even for just a second, the sorcerer has to rebuff.

C

Cala-more

Originally posted by jim_01

4) im finding that i dont always get buffs. what buffs should i ask for with what classes? eg if theres a sorc always ask for power 2 if me, as a minstrel, can only do power 1 . if theres a cleric ask for haste etc etc.

THANKS in advance.

clerics can give haste, A thuerg gives this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom