A few questions from a possible new player

Tilda

Kracken said:
I started already... :p
I'm a Briton Necromancer. Level 3!!! :D
I only have a problem with casting... Is it just me or it gets interrupted as hell??

EDIT: Oh and I'm on the English Classic server.

Casting is different to wow, the range is higher (or atleast thats the impression I had) than in wow, but once you're in combat, its near impossible to get spells off.
So as a caster, you can cast at range on mobs, and unless they cast a spell on you, you wont get interupted.
If the mob gets to you, you'll get interupted, and unless you do something, often killed. Necromancers are different as you get (if you spec sight spec) uninteruptable lifetaps and a heal spell, meaning you can melee the mob down. "normal" cloth casters can use "quick cast" to cast 1 spell (best bet is to use a croud control spell, like a root) without being interupted, so they can then back off and finish off the mob.

if you're struggling with spells, use <shift> + i to delve the spell to see what it does.
Get catas for fast leveling :D

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Once you get shade mode, levelling as a Necro is quite easy :)

Kracken

Fledgling Freddie
Something like Exhausting Pain (slows the mob down)?
So I can just back off from it and continue casting?
I also have Facilitate Painworking, but the description is a little confusing... Does it reduce the damage done by spells? It says so, but then it also says that "instant-cast spells are not reduced"...

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Deathsight is the spec you want for solo PVE. Thats what I did back when I was on alb and it was very quick. Just put your pet on it, and spam the lifetap. You also get Powerdrain I think.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
I personally spam the powerdrain spells (* Vacuum) until the mob gets within reach and then use the instant lifedrain spells (* Of The Dead).

Facilitate Painworking allows you to cast spells that would normally be interrupted while your pet melees. (doesn't always work though).

The * Pain spells in Painworking are debuffs which lower the target's constitution.

Soloing, for first 40 levels it's best imho to only put points into Deathsight line.

Undead people/creatures are most vulnerable to your spells.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Be aware that there is a large majority of french ppl on the classic servers :p

Kracken

Fledgling Freddie
Also, after level 5 I think, the trainer says something about a free respec, but I wasn't able to do it... Dunno why...

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Kracken said:
Also, after level 5 I think, the trainer says something about a free respec, but I wasn't able to do it... Dunno why...

The first respec is just there for people who have used their points while levelling between 1-5 - say by putting points into darkness (I play Mid so excuse the Mid caster examples ;) ) and then at level 5 decide they are going to switch to Suppression.
It just gives you back the points you've earned up to level 5. Most people just wait til level 5 to spec their points anyways.

To use a respec you target your trainer and type /respec (choice available). In this instance it would be /respec all.

You can also /respec ... where .. is the spell line, so /respec darkness. That will return you the points you have spent in a single line, ie darkness in this example.

Hope this helps.

PS If you're on Alb on Glastonbury you could do worse than try and hook up with Death Jesters. Fabulous bunch of people, stupidly large guild with Zulu like numbers* and plenty of people about to help (plus a Ventrilo server for chatting and other good laughs).

* The above statement regarding Zulu-like numbers may not necessarily be true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom