a few n00b questions...

M

maxamber

OK, time for some n00b questions... please be nice :)

I have read the manuals, help, FAQs etc, honest...

What's the best way to use those combat styles which have prerequisites? E.g. If I can do move A ---> style B ---> style C, should I make a macro or something, or just watch out for these events & try to remember which move follows which?

What's the best/fastest way to switch between e.g. a bow & a sword/shield combo?

I have 2 PCs, and would like to occasionally play daoc simultaneously on both with a friend (different characters, same server, same realm)
- Is this possible (officially or otherwise)?
- Do I need another boxed copy of the game?
- Do I need another account?
- What's the "official" position on doing this? Am I risking a ban or anything?

At what level is it worth thinking about RvR? Is there any RvR fun to be had at lower levels or should I wait?

Hmm, I'll probly think of more, but that's it for now... thanx in advance!

K

klavrynd

What's the best way to use those combat styles which have prerequisites

There's a thing called backupstyles .

When you press a style (A), and before you swing press another style (B), you will back up A with B.

So if you fail the requirements for A, you will automatically do B

eg. An after parry style (A) and an anytimer(B)

If you don't parry you'll do the anytimer, if you do you'll do the parry style

and for the rest " just watch out for these events & try to remember which move follows which"

What's the best/fastest way to switch between e.g. a bow & a sword/shield combo?

Shift-click the icons in your inventory and you'll have icons you can put on your qb to switch

i'm not touching the other ones with a 20ft pole

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by maxamber
I have 2 PCs, and would like to occasionally play daoc simultaneously on both with a friend (different characters, same server, same realm)
- Is this possible (officially or otherwise)?
- Do I need another boxed copy of the game?
- Do I need another account?
- What's the "official" position on doing this? Am I risking a ban or anything?

At what level is it worth thinking about RvR? Is there any RvR fun to be had at lower levels or should I wait?

Hmm, I'll probly think of more, but that's it for now... thanx in advance!

There is no problem having two accounts, many people do that, you will need 2 PC's, 2 boxed coipies of the game and 2 subscriptions.

You are not breaking any rules by doing this - no problems at all.

As for low level RvR, from Level 15 you can enter a special "Battleground" area where there is a 4 level cap... eg at Level 15 only players who are level 15-19 can enter.. and at 20, only Levels 20-24 this makes sure the high levels dont dominate you :)

S

Skrad

It's also worth going to the battlegrounds to pick up the realm points there, as you can use them to "buy" a couple of realm abilities from your trainer and careful choice of these can make your levelling faster. :D

O

old.TeaSpoon

As for "real" RvR, you're most likely to be able to survive when you reach level 40.

T

trigali

40 ??

Forget it before 45. Even then you'll have a hell of a hard time. Even the buffbots are level 50 in RvR now :(

C

Cala-more

Originally posted by trigali
40 ??

Forget it before 45. Even then you'll have a hell of a hard time. Even the buffbots are level 50 in RvR now :(

More like 50 only

E

Edaudric

I heard you can make two or more accounts with one CD key.
Not sure if both can be run at the same time, though.

I

ilaya

Originally posted by Cala-more
More like 50 only

Bollox.. if rvr was for 50 only then everyone would start at level 50.
I first started at lvl 20 ish (a long, long time ago sure) but it's the taking part that's the fun thing surely.. not the fact that u get no rp's. I remember being chuffed when we won a fight in emain.. and because i was there, i felt as if i was partly responsible for that success.. regardless of my level :) go rvr whenever you want :) u pay the subs, u can play how u wanna play :)

E

Ekydus

I'm sure running with the zerg as a level 50, dying in one nuke must be very fun for the little level 20 who went along, but that's after it gets a group out in RvR anyway.

T

thegreatest

I can tell you that my lvl 46 armsman sux in rvr atm, I dont do rvr with him anymore. My lvl 42 sorcerer can aid 5x more than my higher lvl armsman, I have 2nd best aoe mezz and power over time + speed. My armsman can do...lets say, be a target for nukers to kill you in 2-3 shots..

What I want to say with this is, for pure melee chars go rvr from lvl 48 on (50 is really preferred). For support chars (clerics/pbt theurgs/sorcerers etc) u can do fine from lvl 40. You will be prime target no matter if you are lvl 40 or lvl 50, you will still die with 2-3 shots.

B

Balbor

clerics can do ok in RvR L35+ now that all L35+ are yellow con to higher level character. I started RvR at about L36-7 and dinged RR2 by L40 and that was before the battlegrounds cam along. And remeber if some high level player uses up time/RAs to take you out insead of someone else all the better.

D

dylan32

And the more people who come along, the more you lower the enemies frame-rate =)

Seriously, as a level 40 armsman, I just spend all my time being mezzed and nuked.

As a 35 scout, I manage to survive longer and can scout (although scouting has zero rewards, it's still fun). In keep defences I can stay in the tower and pick off casters, and some times even hit them ;)

As a 36 necro, I'm actually able to injur, and provide some assistance (limited buffs and debuffs), and provide power to the clerics and nukers. But my servant is an arse, keeps running off doing his own thing...

So, there is definately life before 50 in RvR, but it strongly depends on what class.

C

Cala-more

Originally posted by Balbor
clerics can do ok in RvR L35+ now that all L35+ are yellow con to higher level character. I started RvR at about L36-7 and dinged RR2 by L40 and that was before the battlegrounds cam along. And remeber if some high level player uses up time/RAs to take you out insead of someone else all the better.

no lvl 35 clerics go bg. 50 ones go rvr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom