A cool way to organise alliances via web pages...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Have the MMO provider set up a website somewhere under their main site.

Within that, any time an alliance is created have forums automatically created with security access granted only to those in the alliance. You log in using your normal game account.

Have it automatically create sub forums based on the security access level within the alliance - an area for officers, members area, and a low security area.

If the alliance is disbanded, give a 1 week grace period for people to do their cleanup and move stuff elsewhere.

Link it to the ingame calendar so alliance events can be created on the forums and viewed in game and vice versa.

Yeh, I'm not really doing much this afternoon and I also realise this is unlikely to happen. Still seems cool to me :)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
That's actually a nice idea
Extend it to the sides on a server at the top level and you have a nice way of fostering realm pride

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
or just allow people to use the ingame calendar to sign up to alliance events ?

such lack of programming effort i feel

:(

GReaper

Part of the furniture
What I'd personally like is something which allows other sites to do something similar. Mythic/GOA could use OpenID and let other sites use it for authentication. Provide an API of some sort to allow other sites to verify that you are Leetkiller of Karak Eight Peaks, along with your guild and alliance.

You could then setup your own forums, or some other site without having to worry about granting access to each user manually. I think giving people the power to do this would be more cool.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
are you seriously suggesting that GOA handles something as advanced as that? dont they have enough problems just getting their XML to work?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
It would probably be flash based.
And we know how that one goes...

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Cool idea, if we "pretend" everything would work smoothly it would be awesome, could even have the same thing for guildforums. Even though most guilds already have their own sites/forums. But would help newly created guilds a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom