A class-question to people playing beta:

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Is the chosen a semi-tank/semi-dps class, or tank class? It seems to me it's a semi-tank/semi-dps. I don't want to roll the destr armsman class :p.

And if I want good dps for rvr and (duo with healer) - would it be better to roll a marauder ?

sabbar

One of Freddy's beloved
From what i have seen sofar.
The Chosen is an AoE tank with auras doing different things to the group/enemies such as buffs/debuffs. Very potent tank for a aoe leveling group (best Destruction have i'd say). We ran a group consisting of 1 Chosen, 2 Marauders (chicken club of doom) 1 Magus and me as Zealot, and doing PQ's that way was so nice. Cant say how their dps abilitys are, but probably similar to IB's/BO's.

For a duo if you want a melee dps:er my bet would go to the Marauder, played one to 27 last beta phase and the dmg you do is nice vs single target if you go spec in Brutality. Monstrosity abilitys are by far the best for a AoE level group. And Savagery is very nice for a support dps:er in a melee group with the 75% heal reduction tactic.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Chosen is a crossover between Heros and Pallies (if you really wanna make a Daoc comparison).
The perk of the class is it's Auras (Aoe Debuffs) and the ability to have 2 or more (max 3 atm) up at the same moment with a good twisting.
You can go 1h and Shield or 2h and the specialization trees can turn it into an awesome defensive juggernaut (put behind him an healer and laff at trains on you) or an awesome assister in a tank train (aoe knockbacks and many abilities in the path of Discord makes him a must against rdps/healer heavy groups).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom