Advice A Choice....

Lets get it on!

• Total voters

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
I think the important thing here was the family part, the children basically. I'm single and if someone offered me lots of money for a job that means lots of travelling, I'd bite their hand off. Now if I had a gf, no kids, I'd think more about it but probably still take it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think the important thing here was the family part, the children basically. I'm single and if someone offered me lots of money for a job that means lots of travelling, I'd bite their hand off. Now if I had a gf, no kids, I'd think more about it but probably still take it.

Its amazing how quickly business travel gets boring. I remember being all excited about my first international business trip and my Dad (a seasoned business traveller) telling me that, and I was pretty sceptical, but he was spot on, and I'd say I've been luckier than most of the years because I've gotten to go to some pretty interesting places.

Being stuck in a Travellodge away from your family is just depressing.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I took a job in Sweden in 2011 which was not as stressful, lower benefits, but I get to live with my other half. Whilst my quality of life is proved in terms of weight, fitness and much shorter working hours (normally), I have to travel more "abroad" and the work is so unchallenging I want to scoop my brain out with a red hot spoon in a daily basis.... For me to be really happy (a good thing for both my partner and employer) I need to be challenged in my work... Currently I am not and find myself longing for 16 to 20 hour days in the Netherlands ;/

sayward

Resident Freddy
My other half has always worked away. Either incredibly long hours from home or abroad. I have basically been a single parent bringing up three children on my own. I just have someone going out to work for us.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Its amazing how quickly business travel gets boring. I remember being all excited about my first international business trip and my Dad (a seasoned business traveller) telling me that, and I was pretty sceptical, but he was spot on, and I'd say I've been luckier than most of the years because I've gotten to go to some pretty interesting places.

Being stuck in a Travellodge away from your family is just depressing.
Hmmm, possibly. I was just thinking, as boring as it would be, I could endure it if I'm getting a hefty wage. Also possibly I'd need the job to be somewhat interesting as well. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My other half has always worked away. Either incredibly long hours from home or abroad. I have basically been a single parent bringing up three children on my own. I just have someone going out to work for us.

So you up for some bored housewife jiggy jiggy fun then?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
About 95% of what we think is good or bad for us is the product of years of advertising/ marketing..urban myth and shit that just seems right..the actual facts rarely get a look in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom