A challenge to Barrysworld's finest UT players ...

O

old.Hypa

Hi, I'm trying to organise a inter-service provider mini league between Gameplay, Barrysworld, MPZ and GamesInferno. This friendly competition allows the best players from each of the main providers to battle it out to decide which service has the ultimate UT players!

We've got interest from Gameplay, MPZ and GamesInferno about taking part, can Barrysworld knock the smug smiles off the others faces!

Here is a paste from the Gameplay forum with details so far ...

Team DM, 4 players, 2 reserves, league with 4 teams, each play each other twice. Play on each providers servers, maybe nice to get someone from the staff of each provider on the team too ?

Interested m8 - hyperkinsea@btinternet.com or reply to this thread :E

Nice to see your interested m8. I thought of the idea purely as a **friendly** concept, I spend 90% of my time on MPZ, but when I do play on Gameplay, GamesInferno and Barrysworld I meet kick-ass players who I've never heared of before and usually get beaten to a pulp! Might be kinda cool to see them playing as a team against other top players.

One thought I did have that might be unpopular is limiting each team to one member from each clan. This gives the whole community a change to take part and doesn't just become another clan match (quaking thinking of the whole of Void or OTH entering ).

It would be really great to see some Barrysworld players - it would also be nice to see someone from your tech support/admin staff also taking part.

Are you up to the challenge ??? Mail me or reply to this post.

Later
Hypa

hyperkinsea@btinternet.com

O

old.Streaky

Lo all !

Hows about doing this on a LAN at a Net cafe or something ??

Great way to meet everyone and a level playing field, pings, machine specs, etc, etc..

What you think guys ?

Where are the BW and MPZ peeps based, anywhere near London ?

L8rs !

Rich/Streaky

G

Hypa,

Do you mean a match between ppl who play on X network or the admins themselves? It reads a bit like the first to me and might be a bit difficult to sort considering that people tend to jump around a bit.

S

SAS

I'm up for that
smile.gif

Same I'm a modemer
frown.gif

------------------
Posted by S.A.S
www.barrysworld.com/guides

O

old.Hypa

Nice to hear from some of you guys.

Speccy said ...

>> Do you mean a match between ppl who play on X network or the admins themselves? It reads a bit like the first to me and might be a bit difficult to sort considering that people tend to jump around a bit <<

It mean't to be a friendly compo between PLAYERS who play on the servers of the main game providers, i.e. BW/GP/MPZ and GI. I thought it whould be kinda cool if at least one team member was from the service provider itself.

As far as I am aware, GP, GI and MPZ are in the process of getting teams together, it seems to have generated some interest.

So are Barrysworld players up for it??? You need 5 players + a sub ?

Initially game will be Team DM - CTF if this initial setup is a success.

O

old.Hypa

Sorry if my spelling and grammer is poor, it's a wee bit late
smile.gif

J

Jace

I would play, then again I would play anything UT
smile.gif

Jace

O

old.[EED]Shinji

Are you looking at playing this offline at a LAN, or online...?

O

old.[SS]hol

Go away Shinj :-p

Topic says finest UT players, not finest oblique sexual reference makers ;-)

-hol

oh wait, why am I here????

ARRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

O

old.NaliGun

Shinji - we plan to play each team twice on the various servers.

Eg GI vs BW on GI, then 2nd leg on BW.

etc...

------------------
NaliGun
http://www.wput.co.uk

O

old.Gandalf

If its online Doozer would probally be interested. I'll talk to the lads
smile.gif

[DzR]Gandalf.

------------------
www.clandzr.com

O

old.Afty

To make it interesting (as opposed to just another bloody clan match) perhaps we should specify that all 5 players on the team must
1] Work for the company
2] Admin games/leagues/websites for the company
OR
3] Help the company in some tangible other way.

Maybe allow a guest player that doesnt fall under these rules, especially if one team cant get enough players?

Just using players who happen to play on the service would cheapen it IMO.

O

old.Kez

in response to afty...

but surely if they have something to do with the actual company, then it becomes a company challenge, rather than (as specified) a friendly game to determine who has the best players?

whats more, many of the best players go where the competition is, thus if a bw server is empty, might they not hop to wp or gi?

doh, haven't helped solve anything have I? >
frown.gif

------------------
Kez the l33t
firemuffin@fuckyou.co.uk

J

Jace

The only way to run this would be with teams comprised of people who work for the various companies as most players play across many different servers and could be eligible for several teams.

Also it's about fun and not about recruiting the best players that play on each companies servers
smile.gif

O

old.Afty

Jace : my sentiments exactly.

Employees and admins only? Perhaps one guest? Perhaps only genuine admins (those who were involved at the time of this proposal, as opposed to 3 days before the event :p).

And LAN somewhere? perhaps?

Might be good publicity for all involved, get some more attention focused on the UK gaming scene, notify some people that there are at least 4 serious gaming provision outfits in the UK

O

old.[EED]Shinji

hol: quiet, you!
wink.gif

If you want another team, I'm sure UTSystem.co.uk could field a squad from the site staff...

Ja,
Rob

O

old.Kez

quiet joo shinji joo, you dun have any servers joo can b0rk off
wink.gif

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil shinj.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom