A Blast From The Past

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Damini I hope you have a wonderful day and the very best of luck with the book. :) Hey that rhymes, I am a poet and I didn't even know it. Lol there I go again, nerf me :D

Anyone who attends had better get some pics of the event oh and Damini, I am going to order the book in a couple fo weeks and was wondering if I pay for postage/packing could you sign the book for me? Don't worry about me Ebay'ing it, I just want a personal copy that was tocuhed by the author's fair hand ;)

Silverbirch

Fledgling Freddie
Damini said:
Greetings from the dark, long forgotten, murky history of BW. Those that remember me might recall the exceptionally lovely moderator who helped out there. If you remember an evil, hateful, oppressive moderator, then, erm, that was someone else entirely :)

I'm having a book launch on the 18th of July in Methvens, Canterbury, at 7.30 PM. If any of you remember me, and want to come along, please do. If any of you don't remember me, but are tempted by the thought of free wine, then you are invited all the same :)

:m00:

I have heard tell of these 'books', apparently they were something people did before forums were invented.

Seriously though, good luck with it matey... and what is it anyway, fact, fiction, other???

Damini

Part of the furniture
It's a children's book - its, erm, how to phrase this without sounding pretentious? Contemporary fantasy? Its basically a modern ghost story, bit of humour, bit of dark, set in a fantasy version of England.

Chodax, of course I'll sign it for you. Just send me a PM.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
cHodAX said:
Damini I hope you have a wonderful day and the very best of luck with the book. :) Hey that rhymes, I am a poet and I didn't even know it. Lol there I go again, nerf me :D

Anyone who attends had better get some pics of the event oh and Damini, I am going to order the book in a couple fo weeks and was wondering if I pay for postage/packing could you sign the book for me? Don't worry about me Ebay'ing it, I just want a personal copy that was tocuhed by the author's fair hand ;)

Oi! I'm the Damini-appointed Rhyming Master round here!!! :p

Would have been nice to get the 3 limerickers together at the launch to heckle, but sadly I can't make it down there... besides, all the other OTers who go would only beat me up 'IRL OMGWTFBBQSPAM!!!'

Shaeffer

Dear Little Mite
Jupitus said:
Oi! I'm the Damini-appointed Rhyming Master round here!!! :p

Would have been nice to get the 3 limerickers together at the launch to heckle, but sadly I can't make it down there... besides, all the other OTers who go would only beat me up 'IRL OMGWTFBBQSPAM!!!'

OI! Get your butt down there Sir.

And yes it will be lovely to see you there Damini :)

About bloody time too! :p

I demand a reunion!

Hargh

Fledgling Freddie
Just saw the BBC page and thought I would pop in to see if anything has been said and what do I find? An o' schoo' love in!

Grats Damini (or should I say Louise) on the book.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
A bump cunningly disguised as confirmation.

Sheepfur heading over my way then off to sunny Canterbury we go tomorrow.

Would appreciate something a bit more tangible as a destination than Methvens...or is it Methuens...or?

I'd appreciate a post code or address so I can drop it into a route finder before setting off.

Cheers braw ta :D

Sadly Sheepfur doesn't have a driving license and I want to keep mine so I won't be able to partake of the (I'm sure) expensive imported vintages you'll have along for the night.

Dying

Fledgling Freddie
Give it a few hours and Miss D will be saying 'Look forward to seeing you leave!' instead ;)

Edit - Oh bollocks, did this on dads account. T'was Teh Shaeff <as if my cutting wit and suave charm didnt give it away>

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Hehe Touchcanterbury maps not working but yay for post codes and both mapquest and the AA. Cheers Dam.

Looking at Sheepfur's last attempt at posting I'm suddenly glad he doesn't drive.

Going to take in the sights this afternoon as we can't be around tomorrow, since Sheepfur has commitments and I have to go back to my secret life as an international superspy.

Bugger, did I just let that slip?

Oh well.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Hope everything went well and there were crowds of adoring public there for you Damini :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
God damnit!

I just noticed this thread, I work about 20 seconds walk from that Bookshop in Canterbury GRR, would have come bought a copy and said hello!

Shaeffer

Dear Little Mite
Damini said:
I met the Roo and the Shaeffer!

We met the Damini!

I can now safely report that the Damini does actually exist, and isnt just a figment of everyones collective imagination.

Really really glad you had a good time, sold out in about 90mins! Roo and I were lucky enough to get one of the last copies, and personal signageishness <Its called an autograph -Ed>

Was great the way we came up to you and Roo said 'Hi, its Roo'...you initially gave him a look that said 'yeah right whatever, give me the book and a pen', and then realisation dawned about 30seconds later and you just leapt up in your chair :D

Dear little mite, you looked quite upset at one point, though its not unusual for women to burst into tears when we approach ;)

We were SO toying with the idea of approaching you as drooling fanboi's, making no reference to being teh shaeff and teh roo, but didnt think we'd just finished a pizza hut so were all out of drool :p

Lovely to see you, you thouroughly deserved a moment in the spotlight :) May it not be the last!

Lee

Damini

Part of the furniture
I actually thought he said his name was Ruth, and I was quietly thinking that it was an odd name for a bloke and I should probably check before I signed that it was really his name, and I hadn't mishead, but then how to not come across as rude if he really did have a girls name - this complicated thought process hijacked all of my brain's processing power, and it was only after that that another thought went "you idiot, he said Roo".

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Only Ruth on weekends.

Sorry we missed most of the fun, but was nice to see you there. Again, sorry we couldn't join for the pub fun afterwards, it would have been nice.

It was good to see that pretty much all copies had sold out, which bodes well. A great start, I hope everything takes off from here :)

SFXman

One of Freddy's beloved
Sounds like you've really lifted off Damini. Congratulations.
Would have been a bit tricky to get there from Finland :eek6:
All the best! :cheers:

Shaeffer

Dear Little Mite
Just finished the book, really impressed with it. Genuinely superb. Great pace to it, rich world, lovely narrative voice, its ideal for kids of all ages (especially 23yr old ones :p) :D

The Shaeffer approves. I've now sent a copy to my friends kids, both here and also to some in America, and will keep the signed copy for posterity until such time as I dip tentatively into the gene pool myself.

Gifv sequelz0r! :D

L

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
so wanted to be there :(

ah well, Damini if you ever do a signing in Ireland let me know :)

Damini

Part of the furniture
Shaeffer said:
Gifv sequelz0r! :D

L

Just for you Shaeffer.... June, next year. The second book is coming out then. Freddyshouse exclusive - the title is (possibly) going to be "The Nightmares That Ghosts Have".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom