A big hug and bye bye from Strondor

strondor

Fledgling Freddie
About a month ago i realised that that i was seriously and unhealthily addicted to daoc such that my real life had become a mess. I therefore went "cold-turkey" and have never logged on since. I appreciate this may have been disheartening to many peeps and friends especially as Strondor is / was the gm of First Cohort, but i hope you understand why i couldnt risk logging on and being tempted to carry on playing.
Ironically one of the reasons why daoc excalibur is so addictive is that the players who play on all realms are a bunch of great peeps. Over the past 2 years ive made so many friends across all the realms and i'm choking up as i'm writing this. :mad:
In particular of course there is my guild First Cohort. It seems like a life time ago that i help found FC and steering the guild over the years through fun times and sad times has been was extremely hard but ultimately rewarding work. I had never been a GM before and i had to learn as i went along. I hope didnt make too many mistakes ( /hug Wildfire).
A big /hug and / salute to EVERYONE in FC, you're great bunch of peeps from all over the world and im very proud of you.
Special /hug to:
Quicksilver and Konah (my co-gms - Peeps never realise how hard it is to be a Gm, please try to make their lives stress free hehe).
Alithiel, Noret and Parlain (the officers in FC, they do a great job)
Tilda (its funny how ive watched u grow up from a boy into a man over the past 2 years. You did a great job of modding BW for someone so young. I wish you all the best in your life and career ahead. I think you will go far).
Ambulance (a great friend and great cleric).
Beek (a true friend, we had some great chats over the years. The best friend i never met).
All the countless friends from all over europe (being English i don't meet many continentals IRL and its been a heart-warming experience to have made so many friends from so many different countries).
All those in The Brethren ( a great guild to be allied with).
Even the regular RvR'ers from Hib and Mid (Excalibur leads the world in RvR imo and its down to the enthusiasm and talent of all three realms and their rvr guilds).
Gah i had better stop now . IRL i'm balling my eyes out now- call me a big wuss i dont mind admitting it.
Farewell to you all and i wish you luck and fun in DAOC and more importantly , in real life. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Strondor Frostmane

strondor@ntlworld.com

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
a True loss for alb, and i for once mean(sp?) it.
:wij:

infernalwrath

Fledgling Freddie
:(
gl out there mate on whatever u do
i will miss u :(
ps i hope i will meet u again in another mmorg in the future
/cry
/cry :x

nol

Fledgling Freddie
bye bye Strondor, has some laughs playing aginst you, mostly at my expense ;) I hope I see you in some future game :D

Chiefthunder

Fledgling Freddie
/salute,

may stars grant you every wish and may beer rain from the heavens ...

Good luck !

[NO]Sunwolf

Fledgling Freddie
It is a crying a shame, you were a fantastic player and person, it was an honour to play with you.

GL from a fellow Addict

Jilson

Fledgling Freddie
Well i probbaly wouldn't have spoken to you again mate in game that is as i don't think i will ever re-activate my account. I think you have done the right thing i hope you enjoy your new life. Perhaps i may even bump into you in southampton altho neither of us may know it.
Take care was always a pleasure grouping talking too you and thank you for inviting me to FC i had a lot of fun.
mikey

Tilda

So long Strondor, you were and still are an inspiration to us all.
I was down in Southampton on wednesday looking at the Uni but couldn't find your email to see if you were busy.
I hope you'll join us again in WoW even with somewhat limited hours or something.
And If I decide to come to uni in Southampton I'll give you a yell.
Good luck in real life friend.
:fluffle:

Tilda

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
well i wont feign shock but sorry to see it official nonetheless :(

so long bud, i'm sure its the right decision and i'm sure many more of us would make the same decision if we were brave enough :)

good luck out there :drink:

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Bye Strondor, will never forget us dinging our first 50's together in Barrows. Good luck and keep well.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie

Goodbye, Strondor, and all the best out in the real world.

I have to admit that this comes as something of a shock. We all thought you were just taking a break, and would be coming back to assume your rightful place in Albions front rank. You're leaving a void that, although many may try, no-one can ever fill.

You'll be missed, both as a friend and as a strong and inspirational leader for First Cohort.

/cry

Ambulance

One of Freddy's beloved
omg im speechless :(

Goodbye Strond, you are one of the most sincere people i have ever met, if the decision to quit DAOC will make you happy, then it can only truely be the right choice to make.

/Salute

Ill drop you a mail so we can meet up and sink a few glasses of cooking sherry ;)

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Erk, I knew u were considering it m8, but gutted you have gone ahead, although I totally understand why.

The DAoC community has lost a true gentleman with your departure there is not more I can say other than all the best irl. I will keep sending annoying emails to remind you how addicted I still am!

Beeks

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Cya Captain Strondor ! I Hope the Seas Fare Thee Well.......

Your A great guy and i hope you do well in the future.. (BTW Theurgists are new FOTM you fool ) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom