A 3rd server?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Who would actually want to reroll on a third server though? Having put almost two years worth of work into my characters I would feel sick at the thought of starting again on another server.

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
The french servers were more 'full' than the english ones and they made a 4th server, Carnac, which is almost always empty (near 700-800 people at primetime). So an english third server would have around 500 people in ALL three realms at primetime. If you have ever rvr'ed on Prydwen you know that finding people to fight is not that easy and that the whole server is suffering from population issues. A third server would make this condition even worse (since some people would leave Pryd) and there would propably be a huge downtime between rvr battles at this server. I don't really see what good would that make. I can accept this as a serious suggestion from people who have level 50's in both servers and a decent /played in them and they want a new experience. But most people writting here though just want to play a level 20 thane for 15 minutes, spam Mjollnir a few times, have a laugh and then leave. Or maybe play for a level or two before leaving. But there's just no player base for it and i can't understand why you can't see that this would scre existing servers. I wouldn't like Excal to turn into Prydwen and Prydwen into Carnac.

Just check the maths:
On hib/pryd there are online at peak time: ~300 people
From them, about 100-120 are level 50.
From those 120, 60-70 are pl'ing people, farming etc etc, only about 50 people doing rvr.
So, 1/6 of the realm's population is rvr active. Let's assume things are a bit better at other realms (which isn't really the truth) and the real number is 1/5=20% rvr'ing at each time. People on Pryd are complaining there are never enough hibs btw.

A new server with 600 people at primetime, assuming there are no underpopulated realms would have:
200 people at each realm
1/5 of them rvr active=40 people from each realm
Doesn't sound that good, huh?

Joxor

Fledgling Freddie
I understand what you mean with prydwen being deserted at time....
Reason why i am playing excal now.
The thing is tho...

There is _Alot_ of people switching sides lately, i dunno if i am the only one who sees it, but ive seen like 5 or 6 people i know /delete their lvl 50 and moving to another side.
For most i can safely say they did not want to join the "Winning team", some even quitted the so called winning realm to join the weakest. (in most cases hibernia)

People just want to see the otherside, as an example : as someone who has a lvl 50 on mid prydwen i really cant be arsed to yet level up another char and go through the entire road again.
Killing the exact same mobs, in exact the same places.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
the_hermit said:
It's also against the TOS or CoC to use the non-native language in public channels... So a Frenchman running around Gothwaite on Excalibur screaming "Viva la Renault" is breaking the conditions...

Yes, he is breaking the conditions because he is speaking in ... italian :clap: ("Vive" in french, "Viva" in italian).

Teknoid

Fledgling Freddie
Roll a 3rd server, allow chars/house/vaults to be transfered. Well accounts, so u dont have to do each char individually. That way we would see a bunch of big guilds transfer to the new server, litening the load on Exc, and spread the player base. More so, some of the smaller guilds will have a chance to snap up some new good recruits on the 3rd server.
What needs to be taken into account about english servers compare to the rest of europe, is we have players all over europe joining our servers. French servers will generally only have french speaking players, same for german etc etc.
There is more strain for the english servers, and that needs to be delt with.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
even if we got a new server it would suck. Pl a necro in 3-4 days, pl your bot, pl your inf. 10 days played i reckon you got 3 50's. Wheres the fun.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
even if we got a new server it would suck. Pl a necro in 3-4 days, pl your bot, pl your inf. 10 days played i reckon you got 3 50's. Wheres the fun.

Notice those are all alb classes you mentioned, If you want fun don't play alb :D

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
Traditional exping died a year ago. Nowadays you exp in Emain, the new lvl50 is a high RR.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
PL isnt fun - thats where people go wrong. Then again ordinary exping isnt always fun either, but it *can* be, with a fun group :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
PL isnt fun - thats where people go wrong. Then again ordinary exping isnt always fun either, but it *can* be, with a fun group :)
You try leveling a Scout in a group. I'm telling you, I went crazy at pygmy goblins!

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
You try leveling a Scout in a group. I'm telling you, I went crazy at pygmy goblins!

^^

True, some classes arent really good for much in a PvE group, but then again it doesnt always have to be about beeing ultra-efficient. Fun and efficiency doesnt always go hand in hand (although neither excludes the other).

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
This is true. By the time I got to level 45 I cracked and decided that if I couldn't get in any groups I would make them. I made the best damned Darkness Falls group in the whole of Albion. I would solo the trees near Castle Excalibur so that when Albion got DF I would be the first person in there, and I would make the first group, and it would be the best group in Albion. I never allowed 47- and the set up was always:

Scout
Heavy Tank
Paladin
Cleric
Theurgist
Minstrel/Sorc
Cleric
Damage dealer (Mercenary/Wizard/Infiltrattor)

This is the PvE group I use to this day, it's almost impossible to die with this group. Scouts have the best guard in the game, so if you slap guard on the tank who has aggro, combined with the Theurg's pbt he simply wont get hit. And if he does, you have 2 clerics!

But nobody groups a Scout because they don't really understand the game.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
But nobody groups a Scout because they don't really understand the game.

Very true. About a lot of classes, in both PvE and RvR. People tend to go with the flow and there are alot of misconceptions about the strenghts and weaknesses of alot of classes (in all realms). In my humble oppinion there is no such thing as a useless class in a group, all you have to do is use each classes strenghts (and this is particularly true in PvE where there really is little cause to exclude any given class when youve covered the basic necessities such as healing).

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
give 3rd english server imo....

and give it /level 30 maybe to help start off the initial rush . if goa have said themselves the crashes are due to having TO many people in the zones . they should of gioven us a 3rd server ages ago IMHO

hrodelbert

Loyal Freddie
i'm sure i'll be told i'm wrong but from my experience scouts aren't the best blockers in the game ;x or albion even :eek:

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
im pretty sure the one with highest shield, highest stats and moste blocking RA's will guard best. And im also pretty sure that class has nothing to do with it ^^

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
hrodelbert said:
i'm sure i'll be told i'm wrong but from my experience scouts aren't the best blockers in the game ;x or albion even :eek:

Well, they should block better than other block-capable classes, since they will have higher dexterity than any of them. Then ofcourse it is a matter of how much you spec in shield.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Cba to read what others said, but my opinion about the third server is that it would draw too much of the few people on Prydwen.. and think the new server would be underpopulated as well..

So no point IMO :m00:

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Funny thing is, us in the UK are the only people not able to play all 3 Realms on our own language server. Kinda says something doesn't it? :)

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
the_hermit said:
The only thing I can see - will many people HONESTLY move away from Excal if that is where their X level 50 mains are, or where all their friends are. At that moment, there are x many pissed Albs wanting their relics back - if server Foo came online tomorrow, how many do you think will say to themselves "What the heck - let's leave it and go elsewhere."

The point about a third server is that people could keep their e.g. Midgardians on Excal, have e.g. Albions on Prydwen and Hibernians on a new third server.

If they wanted they could have the same race on all three but it would allow UK players to play all 3 realms. Yes you can play on a non-UK server (lots have, myself included) and you could - just about - manage solo you can't really do it. Yes you can have things like the Lurikeen Invasion :) but it doesn't exactly work. (Lurikeen Invasion - lots of UK folks logging on and creating one big guild of, mostly, lurikeens)

Moral obligation is for 3 servers.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
hrodelbert said:

Off topic but:

The high dex scout will block well against a single opponent but suffer a minus to the chance to block more than 1 attacker being linited to small shields only. Tank, e.g. saracen paladin, may well have 50 shield and MoB1 or better as an early RA. Good ones know how to use (and reapply protect as well). In RvR though blocking doesn't really enter the equation and, sadly for scouts, the 50 bow, 42 shield, 3x stealth leaves little for weapon skill.

Retired 50 saracen scout, 50 saracen paladin amongst others (and in the good old days before aggro was toned down being in a pygmy group and pulling = dead).

Anyway, 3 servers may help stop some folk leaving and if ToA is as - to quote GoA - controversial as it is in the US they may need all the help they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom