^_^ .....Royally fucked over :(

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Almost 3 months since I said I managed to get a job at the Home office. Postal strike and security checks done and now they just emailed me to say that the original length of the contract has been shortened, other candidates will be offered the position first and then if I am lucky I might only get 6 weeks work due to that branch closing on Feb 1.

Seems patience and virtue = royally fucked over. Life blows :(

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
think of it as a lucky escape given the current troubles within the government departments....

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
PoRkNuTz... My evil twin! Always stealing my work and customers!

CorNokZ

Nope! I've had such a good day at work today and I'm totally ready for the weekend :D

CorNokZ

Thad and I are gonna make sweet man love.. He just doesn't know it yet!

Tomorrow is the last saturday we play, besides the last match of the season, so I am gonna get hammered from early morning!

Sunday I will be recovering from a sore butthole and a heavy head ;)

Nate

FH is my second home
Ah well gorm, plenty of jobs out there. Now you have a bit of experience too!? Might be a good time for jobs right now(although it'll be shop jobs) as theres a xmas rush everywhere, you'll manage to get a part time at least.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Ah the fun of the job market.

Here in Sweden it's especially hilarious, they won't even consider you for any sort of job without 10 years of working experience and an uni education. Ironic thing is that they never manage to fill the spots but still keep searching for that person who doesn't exist -.-

Had a friend get turned down from a job as a weekend cleaner because he lacked the proper education(?!?!?)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Chin up Ingormynorms! :D You'll get there eventually!

It always seems never ending while you'll looking, but job searching is like waiting for a number 9 bus, none all day then all of a sudden you get run over by three in a row! :D

Ahh, good times! I remember I once got turned down for work at tesco's, which was rather funny considering my cv. I reckon it was all that swinging around on trolleys I did as a child! Menace of Isle 3 I was! :D I was kinda pissed off at the time (after I'd stopped laughing), but right after that the ideal temp job that I was actually looking for turned up, so you never know whats around the corner! you never know, it could be vlad!

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Ah well, it's Monday, back to the drawing board. Oh wait, my internet connection goes back online today at home after 15 months of being off line and hanging the library. Think the job hunting will be given a miss today in favour of some nice gaming xD :clap::england::cheers:

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
same boat as me!

and i got turned down for a job a few weeks back, a midnight shelf stacker at tescos, and this is with a degree, a full plateau of A levels and gcses and 3yrs work previously at a supermarket... fairly amusing

hit the job seekers place and a couple of job agencies to keep busy and in pocket, my m8 managed to get a job at a bank just as a cashier but shes moved up the ladder a fair bit since, and that was through an agency :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Keep at it, you'll be sure to find something. It's nothing personal, just business, and those things that employees annoy you with, would be the same things you'd do as an employee :D

I'm not even going to go into what the situation here is.

Ok, a bit. Got a job, but can't take it 'cause i don't have an apartment, but can't get an apartment without the job. Yeah. It's that nice :D

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
same boat as me!

and i got turned down for a job a few weeks back, a midnight shelf stacker at tescos, and this is with a degree, a full plateau of A levels and gcses and 3yrs work previously at a supermarket... fairly amusing

hit the job seekers place and a couple of job agencies to keep busy and in pocket, my m8 managed to get a job at a bank just as a cashier but shes moved up the ladder a fair bit since, and that was through an agency :)

Fair doos, but I disagree about agencies. Or at least here in Liverpool. They are just mercenary ruthless penny pinching twats who hire and fire at will. They expect the earth from you and yet be two-faced pricks at the same time offering what they believe to be the earth to you yet the old cliche 'if it's too good to be true then it probably is' rings home one hundred percent of the time in this town. I hear agencies outside Liverpool seem to behave much better but here, they absolutely are cocks. :touch:

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Keep at it, you'll be sure to find something. It's nothing personal, just business, and those things that employees annoy you with, would be the same things you'd do as an employee :D

I'm not even going to go into what the situation here is.

We already know your situation, and I am still rooting for ya ;D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Use the dole for NFA temporary address ftw ;)

Finnish here, have to explain a a bit what you mean.

I've still got time though, 6th of december is d-day, so it's not all abd. Just nbeed to hunthunthunthelenhunt an apartment. Got a few leads, luckily no leeds in finland :D

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Finnish here, have to explain a a bit what you mean.

I've still got time though, 6th of december is d-day, so it's not all abd. Just nbeed to hunthunthunthelenhunt an apartment. Got a few leads, luckily no leeds in finland :D

keke, you get social benefits? ie Unemployment benefit? Their offices normally let you use them for a no-fixed abode address so you can get mail etc. Failing that try a friend, social services or a church ;)

There's always someone who will let you use their address. I was homeless for quite some time, you get to learn the tricks to get by ;)

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Are you actually homeless now seel? Or crashing with friends or family?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
keke, you get social benefits? ie Unemployment benefit? Their offices normally let you use them for a no-fixed abode address so you can get mail etc. Failing that try a friend, social services or a church ;)

There's always someone who will let you use their address. I was homeless for quite some time, you get to learn the tricks to get by ;)

Ah the address ain't a problem, just that i need to actually live around here to go to the job. You know, sleep and such :D

But i can always get a hotel type of living arranged then.

Are you actually homeless now seel? Or crashing with friends or family?

Getting to that point, i'm not evicted as such, but i'm moving out on the 6th to avoid more bills off this place. Going on a bit of a longer santamas holiday up north.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Ah the address ain't a problem, just that i need to actually live around here to go to the job. You know, sleep and such :D

But i can always get a hotel type of living arranged then.

Getting to that point, i'm not evicted as such, but i'm moving out on the 6th to avoid more bills off this place. Going on a bit of a longer santamas holiday up north.

Hmm, well lets hope something turns up real soon. House hunting when you absolutely need one is a fucking pain and can take weeks. It's just weird that some peeps just seem to walk in life quite seemlessly as though they are untouchable. Damn, I should stop reading Mills and Boon - ah now come to think of it, I know why I bought those books - spare bog roll.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hmm, well lets hope something turns up real soon. House hunting when you absolutely need one is a fucking pain and can take weeks. It's just weird that some peeps just seem to walk in life quite seemlessly as though they are untouchable. Damn, I should stop reading Mills and Boon - ah now come to think of it, I know why I bought those books - spare bog roll.

Same to you mate. Seems it's rather easy these days to either A: Get royally fingered or B: Run through life on rosepeddles :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom