99% Cabalist SC template

A

Arri

M46 B28 S4?

What jewelry do you have so far or are you starting from scratch, and if so how much effort do you want to put into getting them?

Are you prepared to swop stalves to regen mana or do you need a tri-focus one?

You should be able to max all resists as well as hits and int/dex/con.

I wouldn't bother putting anything in to Matter as your Realm Rank will get you to 50. Putting some into Body will help reduce the variance of your life tap.

You could also conssider putting something into Quickness as some say it reduces interupts.

L

loxleyhood

Medium effort, starting from scratch, Tri-focus staff please.

A

Arri

Okay. Go for the standard caster items like:

Hooded blades cloak
Avernal Necklace
Pygmie gem
Ogre's Pious Belt
Vield bracer of eyes
Scurceol's Bracer
Bracer of Health
Oily Rag
Rings from the ghost houses in SI

Check the utility on the spell crafting calc (remove stuff like strength which isn’t going to help you much, before you calculate its worth).

Avoid having lots of DF stuff as you will end up way over cap on Fire resists.

Think twice about the tri-focus staff. I wanted one but you really lose a lot of utility with it. If you must have one, a Tab F’ren (not sure where the apostrophe goes) is good if you can get one from Sidi. It usually has 200 Hits, Gold sparkles, and a charge (I think), but varies in different patches.

I would post my old Matter Cabi template but I can’t find it. I don’t want to make a new one as it takes a while shuffling things around to squeeze extra points from well balanced spell crafted items, and you will probably end up with slightly different items to the ones I had.

I’d put as many points into Body magic as you can unless you never nuke. Points to spirit mainly make mana regen quicker.

I’ll happily have a go at making you a template once you have a rough idea of what items you want to use.

One last thing… before you spend the money on this stuff. Matter has taken quite a hit (RvR wise) from resists and many people have respec’d to Body or Spirit. Spirit will no doubt be flavor of the coming patch due to the pet speed buff and proper working of the other buffs. Debuffing your own damage type is apparently due for a work over (nerf) which will hurt Spirit. Although I’ve heard that resists are going to be looked into as they hurt cloth casters so much, I don’t think this will be for some time. So… unless you are making a PvE or keep defense Cabi, you might want to consider the one line respec we get tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread