90's metal

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Having a Megadeth renaissance night here. From the 90's. Been thinking about being 22 and starting out playing guitar and this band was one of the bands as a musician I admired - being a 80's/90's adult. Looking back I have fond memories. But I can't help but look at it now and think from a playing perspective, this is a piece of shit. It's very easy to play, although I was in awe at the time when trying to play it.

For a starter, and for the general ear. It roxx. Simple metal, not challenging on the ear - although at the time perhaps it wasn't seen that way :x

However, I am on a mission to make late 80/90's metal kewl again. In fact I just did so stfu. Name your bands you admire from this era and why they should be still kewl.

GO FOR IT!

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Sum 41. Now there was a great metal band!

Helme

Resident Freddy
80s Metallica is still some of the most awesome metal ever made, and nothing they've done since then has changed that.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hmm. Don't think they ever left so it's not really renessaince :p

Atleast around here, classics get played as frequently(if not more) then the new shit. It's always kewl, has been will be.

You abandoned them! You turned "Mister Homemaker" on metal :eek:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh and AC/DC, which is always good for past 5 decades. Mötley crüe, motörhead, manowar, nirvana, nine inch nails, offspring, lenny k, guns 'n roses etc etc.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
ahh well either way.

Red hot chilli peppers
Stevie wonder
Metallica
Queen
MJ
U2
Eric Clapton

are a few timeless of the top ;)

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Having a Megadeth renaissance night here. From the 90's. Been thinking about being 22 and starting out playing guitar and this band was one of the bands as a musician I admired - being a 80's/90's adult. Looking back I have fond memories. But I can't help but look at it now and think from a playing perspective, this is a piece of shit. It's very easy to play, although I was in awe at the time when trying to play it.

For a starter, and for the general ear. It roxx. Simple metal, not challenging on the ear - although at the time perhaps it wasn't seen that way :x

However, I am on a mission to make late 80/90's metal kewl again. In fact I just did so stfu. Name your bands you admire from this era and why they should be still kewl.

GO FOR IT!

Download this year had Megadeth, Slash, Billy Idol (not really metal!), Saxon, Motorhead, AC/DC and Aerosmith on the main stage. Pretty good old-school metal line-up. They also had Them Crooked Vultures with John Paul Jones (Led Zep) on bass. I've seen Metallica a couple of times and always wanted to see Pantera, which ain't gonna happen now. :(

I'm actually getting more and more into modern metal now...I like the mix of screaming and melodic vocals in stuff like Killswitch Engage and Atreyu and the more balls-out stuff like Machine Head and Cancer Bats.

Then again, I found myself singing along to "Sweet About Me" by Gabriella Cilmi the other day...time for some emo-style self-harm, I reckon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom