900 - 1000 Alchemy

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
Blimey it's expensive going from 900 to 1000 in Alchemy - Can anyone map out the cheapest route for me? :m00:

olco

Fledgling Freddie
Simply put... cheapest route is being optimistic :p Whatever you do, you'll lose lots of money, so :/

Best you can do is stick to charges as best as you can (they're generally cheaper) and bite the bullet on the procs.

The Olde Apothecary - Recipes might be useful.

One silver lining: from 1000->1049 (at 1049 you get access to all recipes, so no real need to go further), you can make weapon lusters, which only give a netloss of a few gold (even when green they are your best course of action btw)

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
thanks

Thanks for that - just a quick query as I've just read somewhere that there is no cap on second trade skills any more? Does this mean I really only need one toon for crafting in all trade skills???

olco

Fledgling Freddie
Yeps, no more limitations, any class can do any craft and no limit on maximum level for the crafts.
So you can get all LGM crafters on the same character if you want.
Every craft is entirely independent, if you're a tailorer, you can have a higher AC/WC/whatever than your tailoring skill even.

Btw, if you're an old-school alchemist/sc'er (or wc/ac/fletch/tailorer) just talk with any of the tradeskill masters so you get access to all the crafts. So if you are an alchemist and have no access to the mundane crafts, just talk to, e.g. a tailoring master and you'll get access. Maybe just talking to your alchemist master is enough, but not sure.

Btw, switching between any craft only affects the /setwho trade and title possibilities, no skills will be reset. Only exception, i think, is the basic craft which will reset, but not sure, just keep to the normal crafts :p

Btw, another thing is that your secondaries (clothworking, mw, ww, lw and the sc/alch secondaries) are no longer capped, so you can have 1000+ in them with the 'real' crafts much much lower.

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
alchemy

Thanks all- much appreciated! By the way, what's the highest recipe in alchemy? (is it 1098?)

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Buy or farm all the alchemy drops you can find , the potions turn red at 951 and cost about 4g each to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom