9/11

Marc

FH is my second home
Watched a really moving documentary on BBC1 last night, that brings all the memories back of when it happened. You never forget what you were doing at the time it happened.

Anyway, with all its resources and money, why hasnt the west been able to capture Bin Laden and bring him to justice? Are they incompetent? Are the conspiracy theorists correct? Is Bin Laden just really evasive?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Anyway, with all its resources and money, why hasnt the west been able to capture Bin Laden and bring him to justice? Are they incompetent? Are the conspiracy theorists correct? Is Bin Laden just really evasive?

Because all the resources money in the world won´t help you if someone is hiding in some remote cave in the mountains. Just like all the firepower in the world doesn´t help you if you don´t have a clear target.
They´re showing us the limits of the powers of the western civilization. (And that´s the main message of their terrorist attacks: Yes, you are stronger than we are. But we can still hurt you.)

MaCaBr3

Banned
There was never conclusive evidence that Bin Laden was the brain behind the attack.

Watch documentaries like: Loose Change and Terror Strike on google video, it really makes u think about the governement and what part they might have in terrorist attacks.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
MaCaBr3 said:
There was never conclusive evidence that Bin Laden was the brain behind the attack.

Watch documentaries like: Loose Change and Terror Strike on google video, it really makes u think about the governement and what part they might have in terrorist attacks.

By all means watch them but dont go into watching them wanting too belive them, be objective use common sense and you will realise that "documentaries" like this are based on little more than someones ill founded opinion with little in the way of factual evidence and "quotes" that are either taken completly out of context or they just dont give any source for the quote.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with Mr B&Q. Just like the Japs did to them. They may be the biggest and think there the strongest but one little mistake and your in for devistation. And they seem to be making alot of "little" mistakes.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
ust like all the firepower in the world doesn´t help you if you don´t have a clear target.
/QUOTE]
depends how clear the target has to be. if bush said, lets bomb the world and fired their 300+ nukes all around the world im pretty sure he would close to suceed.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Huntingtons said:
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
ust like all the firepower in the world doesn´t help you if you don´t have a clear target.
/QUOTE]
depends how clear the target has to be. if bush said, lets bomb the world and fired their 300+ nukes all around the world im pretty sure he would close to suceed.
doubt it, since as soon as they are launched people would launch theirs back and start ww3 :p

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
doubt it, since as soon as they are launched people would launch theirs back and start ww3 :p
would make for a short war at least.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
If we caught him then there would have been no cover reason to go into Iraq and we need dat oil demmit. And yes only an idiot thinks 911 has anything to do with Iraq, but luckly we aren't in short supply here...

pikeh

Resident Freddy
i remember it was my mates birthday, and i had just got home from school. it seems like yesterday thinking about it. its been 5 years! ::eek6:

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
Huntingtons said:

Dibs a seat in vault 13 :D

Edit: On topic. I was sat in manchester airport when it happened, my flight had been delayed and i was sat in the terminal watching the news and then it happened. Not exactly a good start to a holiday.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
I've watched plenty of documentaries about it too, idd sounds like there was something strange going on... who knows :(

And yeah, not hard to remember what you were doing... myself I saw first news on BBC while eating breakfast in a hotel in Seoul, South Korea. Flight(s) back home were just a couple of days ahead.

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
I was in our 6th form common room with some mates when we saw it. One of them had parents who were holidaying in USA, luckily they were a good amount of miles away from the towers.

Went up to the science staff room (my mum was a teacher there too) and told everyone, we watched it on one of the computer whiteboards in a classroom.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Was at home sick that day and got called by several people minutes after the first plane hit. I Switched on the tv and saw the second plane hit live on CNN as I was on the phone with my dad... We spend several minutes not talking trying to understand what just happened and I think the first words out if my mouth were "flying is never going to be the same again".

We were still (or again) on the phone when the first tower collapsed and I said right then that it looked a lot like a controlled demolition .. when the second tower also went and in the same "controlled" manner I told him that I didn't believe this was the result of those planes... he told me I was crazy ... but over time he's starting to doubt it as well.

About flying never being the same again ... I really believed that. I really thought things like cityhopping or flying for short holidays etc was over. Flying was going to be much harder and more controlled and only for "important" occasions and really really rich people. But it seems things are pretty much back to "normal" except for the upped security levels.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Heard a "shout" from the office.

Bro came to room and told of the first plane.

Didn't believe the video.

Saw it was real.

Went home, got some McDonalds crub and watched the BBC out of interest.

Couldn't give a f*ck anymore since it should be buried and let go allready.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
The only bit out of those videos that really struck me as incredibly dodgy, funnily enough, was the fact that explosions on the tower seemed to occur BEFORE the plane has struck.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I've been watching the 9.11 5th anniversary TV shows too. It brought home again just how horrific the whole thing was. I was humbled by the courge displayed by the FDNY.

I was at my desk working when it happened. We watched it unfold with horror.

A few years earlier I turned down a job to work full time in the World Trade Centre.

My thoughts continue to go out to those who lost loved ones.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
was on a trip with my continuation school, no telli where we were, 1 car had radio so we sat crammed into the car those of us who paid interest to it.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Heard a "shout" from the office.

Bro came to room and told of the first plane.

Didn't believe the video.

Saw it was real.

Went home, got some McDonalds crub and watched the BBC out of interest.

Couldn't give a f*ck anymore since it should be buried and let go allready.

Should something like this be forgotten? Especially when we cant be sure that we know what really happened?

and uh.... i first heard about it when i was in a football match (playing!).

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Came home from school just in time for the second plane to hit !! ;/

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Gorbachioo said:
Should something like this be forgotten? Especially when we cant be sure that we know what really happened?

Sure, people can speculate and argue on what REALLY happened....but that doesn't change the fact that i'm f*ck bored with it.

Seriously, there have been worse things that SHOULD be remembered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom