8v8 Idea

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Just sitting here bored at work but wondering about something.

Would any of the reroll groups find it useful if we set up our own reroll 8v8 zone for like 1 night a week just so some of the groups that are just starting to run or will run soon can 8v8 without running straight into RR12+ groups in the main 8v8 zone.

I wouldnt suggest we do this more than once a week and only for a little while until all the groups are settled and have the essential RAs.

Its just an idea so no need to flame me....i only thought of it because of how impossible we found the 8v8 zone until we got mid RR level on all our toons....now atleast we usually (and i do mean usually!) put up a fight against anyone before nose diving! :)

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno if there really is a need for it, i mean.. The first couple of days when we rvred, after finishing most of our pve and had standins, we got chained. but yesterday, like, 4th? day of rvring we did quite ok against the high RRs. Killed that rr12 mid grp twice and some other groups that were a bit more decent than those guys. Still only rr3, so lacking shitloads of rps still, but you can get some decent fights once you finetune your teamplay and tictacs. One thing is for sure, the realm rank of the groups running in 8vs8 doesnt mean they are more skilled or have better teamplay. The server reminds me of excal like 3 years ago :p

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I dont disagree with you Mastade and this last week theres been some absolutely free RP high RR groups out.

I just remember like a month ago where every group we fought were really good and much higher RR.....it might just have been bad luck on our part but it was disheartening.

Theres always the zerg zone for easy rps as well i guess.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Don't forget we is NFD GG2 and we got farmed on Excal Pryd for a few years by many of you guys - we are more than used to it. Our biggest issue is getting out there at the moment because not all of us have the time to plow into ML's and farming scrolls.

We are getting there.

NFDGG1 is almost ready to go I hear although I cannot be sure and Gahn can update you on the status of NFDGG3.

Maybe when it comes closer to the time the odd special event would be nice - especially to see old adversaries in new skins! ;)

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i think it's quite good as it is. just gimme more hib grps i can annoy with my crappy barding!

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Calmin said:
Yeah I dont disagree with you Mastade and this last week theres been some absolutely free RP high RR groups out.

I just remember like a month ago where every group we fought were really good and much higher RR.....it might just have been bad luck on our part but it was disheartening.

Theres always the zerg zone for easy rps as well i guess.

Easy RP's to be had in LAB when the expansion comes out. Gets boreing fast but is a quick and easy way to get RR5

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Just go out to the posted 8v8 area and you'll have more than enough opportunities to meet a wide range of groups by the sounds of it :)

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
i cant wait to get out in rvr there now when i finish my new toon, we gonna taking a beating to begin with(to be expected with so any high rr's) but we wont go down without a fight.

our estimate is 2 weeks and we have everything completely done for whole guild :D

swords

Can't get enough of FH
(edit) everyone EXCEPT Slow crew :p It cannot happen no way no how!

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Fab Fuenf mit adds will be out soon too I hope.

Had a play drop/setupchanges that has made our debut postponed.

/Labbs

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
(edit) everyone EXCEPT Slow crew :p It cannot happen no way no how!

Just admit you're lowbies compared to our RR6 ness of doom!

Fear our OP RA's my little friend :)

Let the touching of TT in bad places begin !

Brohanith

Loyal Freddie
Calmin said:
Just admit you're lowbies compared to our RR6 ness of doom!

Fear our OP RA's my little friend :)

Let the touching of TT in bad places begin !

I wannul touch Andy in bad places!! :fluffle:

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
dont know, takes roughly 1 week to learn decently how the germans play, during that time you can get rr4-5 without any problem. Think it would be stupid to say avoiding the high rr groups, cause as its been written; high rr dosent imply much, it can but usaly on Ava it dosent. Having a "non high rr zone" for the rerolling groups would prob hurt you all more then you think. Keeping your cluster way of playing, this is something that will hit you back hard once fighting those high rr enemy german groups out there.

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
dont know, takes roughly 1 week to learn decently how the germans play, during that time you can get rr4-5 without any problem. Think it would be stupid to say avoiding the high rr groups, cause as its been written; high rr dosent imply much, it can but usaly on Ava it dosent. Having a "non high rr zone" for the rerolling groups would prob hurt you all more then you think. Keeping your cluster way of playing, this is something that will hit you back hard once fighting those high rr enemy german groups out there.

Yeah what you say is pretty much correct....we've spent more time in the 8v8 zone now and as we discussed on irc RR doesnt mean that much on this server....all non reroll groups are rr11 plus its just distinguishing the excellent ones from the guys that clearly zerged their way to RR11 then came to the 8v8 zone.

I think when i wrote this we'd been having a rough time in the 8v8 zone and i was worried guys that have recently rerolled....put loads of time into pve and then gone out and rvr'd would be disheartened by the constant RR11 steamrolling...

But really theres a lot of free rp groups in the 8v8 zone you just have to get lucky and hit them when you're low RR cause groups like Satori / Harjis will be really tough to beat without toys.

And yes learning the german playstyle is very important although theres a distinct difference between some Lyonesse groups and how the majority of Avalon groups play.

Just means theres plenty of variety and constant excitement. Feels good having 8 dead lords at your feet!

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
can you give examples of the style thing? ;)

Tanky setups for a start but there is more to tank groups than just having tanks....

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:

Tanky setups for a start but there is more to tank groups than just having tanks....

a hint: controlled chaos

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Sniff sniff, the thought of all that action is making me drool.... though it could be just old age.

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:

Well im not exactly an expert (Staj's group been running a few months longer than we have) but i noticed a real change since server clustered.

Lyonesse people seem a lot more upto speed with kiting ;/ pushing than the avalon players.....a lot of avalon groups sort of all rush into you hit moc then spam till it runs out which is interesting.

Sort of small kites whenever you manage to root / mez enemy support works great but its tough to get right.....flat out inc kiting still works but the germans are getting a lot better at countering it.

Our best success has come from a defensive start to out survive the big RA advantage the locals have then real manic burst damage follow by blind aggression.

Whats so great is 1 run you'll hit an amazing group and just have to say well done you're RR12+ and play awsome....next run you'll destroy a RR11 group of nubs....then you'll hit a ex UK cluster guild and it'll be like agramon of old....just so much variety and some very highly skilled groups always keeps it interesting.

Im not sure if this will be much use...as Staj and a few others have said in this thread go out asap and experience it for yourselves you'll quickly learn that Satori are insane kiters and Harjis have stupid DPS and a perma BG'd RR13 nuker.

Theres always the zerg zone for easy RPs when 8vs8 zone closes! :)

Ohh and look for Slow Crew we've dropped our dashing pink and black look for Black and Crimson...with a Crimson and White cloak! - Free RPs mates! :)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I see Stadj and co are top of the active characters list for the Avalon side of the cluster.... ;)

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
I see Stadj and co are top of the active characters list for the Avalon side of the cluster.... ;)

Yeah they're in the zerg zone 24 / 7 we keep trying to get them to 8v8 but its really not their thing ;)

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Calmin said:
Yeah they're in the zerg zone 24 / 7 we keep trying to get them to 8v8 but its really not their thing ;)

Rsh doesnt like me power leaking him, so he cried and now they are not comming back :(

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Jarahl said:
Rsh doesnt like me power leaking him, so he cried and now they are not comming back :(

He was crying with laughter at you mate.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:

have had break between uni courses so decided to make an effort getting 10l0 before they would start.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Stallion said:
have had break between uni courses so decided to make an effort getting 10l0 before they would start.

Very sensible, damn you for having breaks :(

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
Very sensible, damn you for having breaks :(

So 1 week till TT run...does that mean you'll be out Monday?

Slow Crew will be out a lot next week starting Monday....we have a lot of love to give you easy moders :)

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
a week and a bit, monday 5th feb is gonna be our 1st GG rvr night on avalon :D

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
<green with envy>

We are getting there probably a bit away from it yet. We are mostly casual players tbh. ;)

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
<green with envy>

We are getting there probably a bit away from it yet. We are mostly casual players tbh. ;)

Casual until you hit the 8v8 zone and then the blood thirst hits you all and its "game face" time! :)

You're coming in at a decent time....some very beatable high RR groups out there right now.

Sharky keep plugging away well worth the effort :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Calmin said:
Casual until you hit the 8v8 zone and then the blood thirst hits you all and its "game face" time! :)

You're coming in at a decent time....some very beatable high RR groups out there right now.

Sharky keep plugging away well worth the effort :)

Eheh Wed was out for a laugh with 5 All About Us and 1 TT (7 of us -.-) and we raped an rr10 Hib FG :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom