8 Mile...

S

Sir Frizz

...will not appeal to everyone, however it is a good show. Just saw a 'special preview' yesterday at the 11:45pm showing then walked home. ahahah.

Though it is predictable, it still entertains. I thought Eminem did a good enough job of trying to act though heh. It's one of those films that can make you laugh and feel a bit melancholic. Gump stylee.

M

mank!

Eminem is supposedly a thoroughly decent actor from the reviews I've seen.

L

legendario

I hate everything about eminem which shouldn't cloud my judgement but I refuse to pay to see this film.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by mank!
Eminem is supposedly a thoroughly decent actor from the reviews I've seen.

Eminem in good at being Eminem shock!

S

Summo

Yeah, that was what I was going to say. I should get a bloody Oscar for acting like myself every day. I've done 25 years of prep work for this role.

M

mank!

Originally posted by Scooba Da Bass

Eminem in good at being Eminem shock!

... and that's the ironic thing about it all :)

"but I've got brown hair in the film innit blud!"

C

caLLous

T'was pretty good, better than I was expecting anyway. And Eminem did do well (also better than I was expecting heh). But I don't think he will have any good roles in the future where he isn't portraying himself. :)

O

old.Jayminator

For someone who's not a trained actor, he's done really well.

Eminem fans will love it, people who hate Eminem won't. It's just a case of figuring out what you are before sitting through it.

J

jake cop

true, whether you're playing yourself or someone else you still need to be able to act in front of a camera. If you can't act it'll soon be pretty blatant.

Besides, Eminem isn't playing himself, he's playing the character of Eminem, who is fictitious!

M

mank!

Originally posted by old.Jayminator
For someone who's not a trained actor, he's done really well.

Eminem fans will love it, people who hate Eminem won't. It's just a case of figuring out what you are before sitting through it.

I'm rather indifferent to him. I respect him for trying to get some sort of message across in his music and lyrics, whilst having a laugh. On the other hand, I dislike him for his attitude and some of the shit he's pulled in the past. Seems a bit of a twat tbh.

I doubt I'll go see the movie, though.

L

legendario

Originally posted by jake cop
Besides, Eminem isn't playing himself, he's playing the character of Eminem, who is fictitious!

I thought it was the story of Marshall Mathers who is real. The trailers look similar to the way he describes his rise to fame.

O

old.Jayminator

Originally posted by mank!

I'm rather indifferent to him. I respect him for trying to get some sort of message across in his music and lyrics, whilst having a laugh. On the other hand, I dislike him for his attitude and some of the shit he's pulled in the past. Seems a bit of a twat tbh.

I doubt I'll go see the movie, though.

Well, that's up to you I suppose. I personally have a lot of respect for him for coming from nothing and turning himself into one of the biggest selling artists around at the moment, without losing credibility or toning down what he says.

His swearing and controversial lyrics don't just shock and piss people off, they show that he really does say what he wants to say and not what the record companies want him to say.

In this day of Will Young et al, anyone who can stay real and still sell loads should be commended.

B

bodhi

Originally posted by legendario

I thought it was the story of Marshall Mathers who is real. The trailers look similar to the way he describes his rise to fame.

He's not actually playing himself, its just the story of a rapper growing up in a Detroit trailer park with a shit mother and girlfriend. If he told his own story using all the real names his mum would have sued his ass.

M

mank!

Originally posted by old.Jayminator

Well, that's up to you I suppose. I personally have a lot of respect for him for coming from nothing and turning himself into one of the biggest selling artists around at the moment, without losing credibility or toning down what he says.

That's also something I respect him for, in this P.C. world it's good that he makes no effort to censor himself for his or anyone elses benefit.

His swearing and controversial lyrics don't just shock and piss people off, they show that he really does say what he wants to say and not what the record companies want him to say.

They certainly don't shock or offend me in the slightest, and once again I refer you to my self-censorship comment :)

It's simply not my type of music, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread