70th Birthday Present Ideas?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What the fuck do you buy your 70 year old mother for her birthday?

I'm at a total loss. I don't just want to get a fucking big bunch of flowers and chocolates as I feel that's a bit of a cop-out. But other than that I can't think of a thing.

Anyone done this yet?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
you cant do "useful" shes prob got everything she needs?

so go safe, but wierd, along the lines of "lols you'll never guess what scouse got me"

or just random, really nice (2nd hand) book , out of print of favourite author ? something that shows some thought + effort rather than "hi mom, spent 20 quid again, hb"

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I like the idea of the book but she's simply given up reading. She totters about now and is slipping downhill tbh.

I may plump for a weekend away somewhere nice. Drive down on a Friday night, take here somewhere nice on the Saturday / Sat night, then come back late on the Sunday frustrated and ready to see the back of her ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nothing, then tell her you already gave her something.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
A new walking stick, or a pair of slippers, a really old perfume, a photo album, weed, grandchild, Weekend at Bernie's DVD, LP with her favorite music.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
A new walking stick, or a pair of slippers, a really old perfume, a photo album, weed, grandchild, Weekend at Bernie's DVD, LP with her favorite music.
A framed photo that's special. My mum doesn't need anything and it's the sentimental things she values more than stuff.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
How about a pass that allows her to win an argument with you once a month.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
My advice would be to ask @Jupitus as he may remember what he got 7 years ago for his birthday and if he enjoyed it or not.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
My advice would be to ask @Jupitus as he may remember what he got 7 years ago for his birthday and if he enjoyed it or not.
Wasn't that the year I got crabs.....

... off you ????? :eek:

Trem

After seeing my mums minge way more than I would of chosen I can confirm that pubes lessen the older you get, so maybe a merkin? My mum is 70 as well.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh a 70yo has everything they need. I'd buy a nice bottle of wine, and spend the day chatting about cool things from yesteryear. a few years back I tasked my mum (78) as a "present" to write down the story of her life up to me being about 10. great stuff :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
A birthday party with all loved ones invited always works on occasions like that. Other then that, depending on the mother ofcourse, just spending the day with her kids, dinner, make a day about her would probably be a day to remember.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
tbh a 70yo has everything they need. I'd buy a nice bottle of wine, and spend the day chatting about cool things from yesteryear. a few years back I tasked my mum (78) as a "present" to write down the story of her life up to me being about 10. great stuff :)
Like that a lot. Similar to what I said. By that time you are getting rid of stuff not accumulating it. Personal stuff means a lot more..

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I got my mum a silver hip flask for Christmas, she loves it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I got my Mum an iPad last year (68). No idea what to get her this year, something travel related probably, she always jetting off to exotic places these days.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Mine can't really jet anywhere, can't walk too far, can't drink, can barely think for herself.

Weekend away is the best bet tbh. Just got to figure out where...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Alton Towers then?
Hmmm. It would solve any long term problems I'd have with her ;)

I've just spoken to my sister - going to find a nice BnB in Windermere and whisk her up to the Lake District. We can take a boat trip on the lake etc. She'll like that.

Trem

All I can say is cherish whatever you do chum.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
But seriously, if she's anything like my mum she'll probably be in one of those "lets enjoy every day to the fullest" sort of people instead of an "individual, tangible gifts" person. My mum cared less for presents over the years (64 btw) and she enjoys getting a stack of cash from her children to indulge herself on a few things. For example, going for a champagne breakfast at Harvey Nic's in Edinburgh, or a lovely afternoon tea with my dad followed by a day of shopping with the rest of the money.

Maybe something similar, an overnight stay somewhere? A spa day / weekend?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe something similar, an overnight stay somewhere? A spa day / weekend?
Yeah, I'm trying to find a BnB in the lakes that isn't going to blow my limited cash reserves to shit...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thanks looks nice, but I'm going to see if I can find somewhere closer to Windermere - it's a shorter journey and I know the area a bit better so can find more things that she'll like to do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom