7 Days !!

L

L_Plates

Well it has been 7 days to the hour that i last had a smoke.

I have tried to stop twice before but failed miserably :/

But this time i was only wearing a patch for 1 day and since then i have been patch free for 6 days :)

There has been the odd time when i though hmmm smoke time. But i never i managed to stay clear :)

Im just surprised how easy it has been this time round :) I smoked since i was 15 so thats 11 years :/

If anyone is trying to pack up smoking all i can say is good luck to you its worth it :)

X

xane

It must be well over 15 years since I last had a ciggarette to smoke, I still get occasional cravings ...

Welcome to hell for the rest of your life - hahahaahah !

J

Jonaldo

Nice one :) good to hear some people aren't weak willed. You'll feel better for it within a few weeks without doubt.

F

FatBusinessman

Well done mate, keep going - smoking is bad, mmkay :)

E

ECA

Hmmm hows Johny doing on his quest to give up smoking?

S

Swift^

wij :]

Been ill, so not bothered since i left the club on saturday morning... so 5 days now.

Not bad, but obviously the green hasn't stopped (although cut down a little, damn throat) - don't particularly care and I don't crave it like normal people do. I'm speshul :S

S

SoWat

Good on yer L-Plates.

I quit 2 days before J-Darko's abortive attempt (11weeks and 3 days to be precise!)... and I'm still managing to stay away from the evil weed.

Passing the 7 day mark is a major achievement; just make sure you don't slip in the second week!

/projects positive thoughts.

:cool:

L

L_Plates

Thanks doods. Im sure the big test will be when i have a drink :eek6:

E

echo

3 weeks. Been to the pub several times in that and I had 3 drags of an attractive friend's fag at the end of one night. But other than that, I've not done too badly. It is only in the pub when you really miss them, as everyone says.

E

evilmonkeh

pssh. dont smoke. it makes you stink.
good luck!
ill make sure that if you enter my shop i wont serve you:)

E

evilmonkeh

:eek:
didnt know they sold smokes at mcdonalds!
ill have to ½inch some the next time im there

L

L_Plates

Originally posted by evilmonkeh
pssh. dont smoke. it makes you stink.
good luck!
ill make sure that if you enter my shop i wont serve you:)

I agree but when you smoke your sense of smell is shagged so the smoker doesnt realise :)

W

whipped

I spent £100 on patches about 5 weeks ago and have been just waiting for the right state of mind to try giving up again. Today is that day. I've been home on holiday all this week and I'm now feeling quite shit from lack of exercise and to much smoke.

Patch went on about 10 mins ago and I won't be leaving this house until work on Monday, so that should be 4 safe days in the bag.

As L-Plates said though, when you have a drink it seems to get worse. However, someone told me it's all about breaking habbits really, so just change what you drink. That's what I did last time I gave up. Went from the goold old 'Wife Beater' to Vodka's and cokes.

Oh well, better get on with something.

S

Sichama

Also cut food in half of what you are used to...or else
you will gain alot of weight the next month or so.

I have witnessed alot of friends that cut smoking, start again because they had to choose between, beeing a smoker or beeing aproximately double in size.

S

SoWat

I'll add my good wishes too.

It's a life chaging decision... stick with it!

L

L_Plates

Originally posted by Sichama
Also cut food in half of what you are used to...or else
you will gain alot of weight the next month or so.

I have witnessed alot of friends that cut smoking, start again because they had to choose between, beeing a smoker or beeing aproximately double in size.

I know what you mean. My appetite has gone mental :(

X

xane

The craving for food is normally just something else to do with your gob instead of sucking on a cancer stick, problem is most people turn to sweets and cakes.

Try eating fruit instead, or raw celery or carrots, most of which wont give you extra net calories to put on as flab, and they are also a lot cheaper.

L

L_Plates

Originally posted by xane
The craving for food is normally just something else to do with your gob instead of sucking on a cancer stick, problem is most people turn to sweets and cakes.

Try eating fruit instead, or raw celery or carrots, most of which wont give you extra net calories to put on as flab, and they are also a lot cheaper.

*looks at his ham,cheese and salad cream sandwich*

*throws*

:(

7th

Ooooh quitting. I'll quit one day.. probably in the next week or so as my funds dry up... being unemployed has its distinct disadvantages... but as soon as my jobseekers allowance comes through oh mother, its all going on my precious marlboro reds... oh god yes yes yes *rubs his nipples*

7th

L

L_Plates

Well the big test is here im having a beer. Ill only have 4 today just to test the water :)

7th

Good luck, y'got more willpower than me :)

a day without nicotine is like.. well... i wouldnt know, its been atleast 3 years since i last tried to quit. but it wasn't fun

7th

L

L_Plates

Ta dood :)

Im not goin to the pub so that will help me out a bit :)

F

-fus-

7 days.

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiig Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavid

C

Chameleon

I gave up about 10 weeks ago and found it relatively easy. Firstly it worked this time cos I really got to the point where I WANTED to stop cos it had made me feel shit and suddenly I really did not like the idea of the damage it was doing to my health (something you normally shrug off or ignore when ur a smoker) and the other thing that made it work this time was deciding to get up early in the mornings for a change and cycle to work to get fit. I think it's really important to add something(s) new at the same time as taking smoking away. Now when I'm standing in a pub, even after 5+ pints and others are smoking, I feel great and don't get the urge to smoke at all! I'm hopeful that I've cracked it this time :)
Good luck to all those who are making the effort to stop. Don't forget, the damage is not already done, as I always used to convince myself ;)
Oh and if you really can't manage it with will power, patches, etc, two people at work got subscribed zyban (sp?) tablets and gave up no problems and both said while giving up on the tablets they didn't even feel like they were ever a smoker, did not get cravings and found it very easy to do.

W

Will

Originally posted by Chameleon
...cycle to work to get fit...
That helped me cut down my smoking habits. I find after a heavy session the night before, I get breathless so much more easily.

Users who are viewing this thread