7 day sniper progression

C

CptDoom

I just got the free trial, whats the best way of advancing a sniper asap?

7 day trial and i want to see the best way of getting the most fun out of it

TIA

P

[PS]Nova

Do the VR training, get yourself to BR3.

You will then have 6 cert points to spend.

Spend 2 on Medium Assault, 3 on Sniper, leaving you 1 left over.

Go out and kill!

Suggest in next battle ranks you get either reinforced exosuit (better armour) or some kind of personal transportation.

My BR8 sniper has Medium Assault, Sniper, Reinforced, AMS - I drive my AMS to near my sniper point, deploy, then I have a source of ammo, and a respawn point close by in case I get killed.

X

Xtro

no no no Doomy, TR MAX POUNDER 4 TEH WIN or something that Efour used to say ;)

C

CptDoom

Well i got 3 br in training (did the vehicles too) and now im gonna go kill something

S

shilak

I think the best route for a sniper is ...

Medium Assault, Sniper, Reinforced Exo, AMS, Medic then Engineer. That should leave you at BR13. After that I think Combat Engineer is a good buy so you can places mines around yourself or your AMS to give it a little protection and Heavy Assault or Special Assault is good for taking down people that sneak up on you, try to kill your AMS or when you feel like getting some more in-your-face action :)

For implants I think Audio Amp and Darklight are a must for a sniper. Advanced Targetting is pretty pointless as it only has 200m range and most of your kills should be beyond that. And the Range Magnifier thingy is fairly pointless as the x8 magnifier of the Bolt Driver is more than enough.

My prefered sniper setup at BR20 is Medium Assault, Special Assault, Sniper, Reinforced Exo, AMS, Medic, Combat Engineer and Infiltration Suit as certs with Surge, Audio Amp and Darklight as my implants.

T

Teh Krypt

The only implant I have atm is the 12x zoom. I love it tbh, I can shoot from darn ages away with great acuracy (shame im not good at moving targets) anyone want to give tips? I can kill them when they are moving north or south from me. But can't hit em when they move east or west direction :(

G

Gekul

Some of it comes down to luck. Place the curser where they will be in a few seconds, so that the reticle settles. Then fire a little before they reach where you're aiming. Once you get the hang of it you should rarely miss.

I went Medium assault, Sniper, Reinforced, Basalisk, AV for my first certs. Advanced targetting is a nice implant. I don't agree with Adv Eng as you shouldn't be in one place long enough to warrant setting up defences. Also, even if you want to snipe, there are times when it isn't the best way to play, so be prepared to get stuck in to battles if you find you're doing little, along with about 20 other snipers that tend to only camp hills ;)

M

mid_Efour

sniping is fun

medical (altho i dont have it) would be bloody useful especially if u are facing some of the GOOD enemy snipers

usually tho i fire off my 35 shots before i use the 3 medikits i carry as standard on all my chars...

3 kits let u take an etra BD shot but the 4th will kill you basically never fall below 76hps and u can keep sniping untill ur ammo runs out :O if you get shot once run like fook into cover if its avalible, Unless u r guaranteed the 2nd shot on the guy that shot you and... well hey u learn all this as you go along :O

S

Stonebits

I tried sniper on a US server... didnt really like it.... perhaps thats just me.....

I have much more fun zipping around in my Reaver over hills trying to hunt down snipers... Now that is fun :clap:

S

shilak

Gekul, I agree with the bit about not sticking about, but good sniper positions tend to be few and far between, and dropping the odd mine can severly hinder the enemy infils that tend to descend on sniping positions.

As for the medic cert, if you have it you can drop the 3 medikits and use that space for extra sniper ammo, ACEs or command uplink (in case you spot a juicy AMS while sniping). Medic tool with 100 units in is enough to heal 1000hps worth of damage :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom