6 weeks later and GOA STILL don't give a damn!

S

svartmetall

It's been 6 damn weeks now since I posted my question on RightNever, and guess what?

GOA STILL haven't replied.

This is now well beyond a fucking joke. How I wish there was some kind of watchdog that could severely rap the knuckles of companies who displayed such blatant contempt for their paying customers. Because GOA obviously need their knuckles rapped.

I know I'm not the only one who's been treated in such a derisory fashion by GOA; I would like those who've had similar experiences to post exactly what happened/didn't happen here...I wish to collect all this information together.

S

scarffs

I had two replys in two days.
Although far from satisfactory service, they did reply in one sentence basically saying 'sod off'.

But I got replys at least.

F

Flimgoblin

have you tried updating your question? They were having some CS difficulties recently.

Got my reply within a few days (was a non-urgent thingie)

S

Sibanac

everytime i used rightnow i had a reply in 24h,
I was stuck (and /stuck didnt help, neither did sticking on mobs ect) twice,reported it and i got back to my bind stone withing 2h both times

N

-Nxs-

Over the last month ive logged about 4 calls with Rightnow, due to problems since the patch, existing bugs, and reporting a bug abuser.

Im happy to say that all urgent calls logged have been responded to in a timely fassion - the calls that are still unresolved are ones that I would expect to take low priority.

Yes, ok 6 weeks is a long time to wait, but I would rather the important issues like /stuck get sorted out first and this seams to be what they are doing.

Although there is no "watchdog" as such, let your wallet do the talking, if you are unhappy change to the USA servers, or change MMORPG.

A

allnewdave

This is basically the answer I get every time:

Hello,

I have forwarded your feedback to Mythic (they are the only ones responsible for the developpement of the game). If you want to contact them directly, you can write to support@darkageofcamelot.com

---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you ask me European players have NO input on anything related to the game. Also Rightnow sem to be a contracted company that handles the customer feedback.

Generally Rightnow dont care, and GOA dont want to know.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
have you tried updating your question? They were having some CS difficulties recently.

Got my reply within a few days (was a non-urgent thingie)

Yes, I've updated it FOUR times.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by -Nxs-

Although there is no "watchdog" as such, let your wallet do the talking, if you are unhappy change to the USA servers, or change MMORPG.

I shouldn't have to, though, should I? I love this game...I have lots of time invested in characters and made lots of friends through it in these servers...no reason I should have to move.

L

Lorthania

My two cents:

I have sent four requests to GOA since I started playing seven months ago. Three of them were acted upon in a (for me) timely manner - maximum four days, which is enough for me, since I usually only play about every other day anyway.

The fourth took them almost three weeks, but that was during the period they were having trouble with CS. After updating my question as per their e-mail, the matter was solved within two more days.

I can't say I'm disappointed with GOA - CS has always worked for me...

T

The Real Redi

If you ask me European players have NO input on anything related to the game.

I make you right there, fella. If you have a basic problem, like being stuck or whatever, then they can do that, but if you report anyone abusing bugs, then you get the standard "kkthnxbye" reply - mmm, i feel like i've done my bit and that GoA have taken me seriously! :(

On another point - EVERY mail i send Rightnow is headered with Server, Character/level/profession, Realm and DATE of which i sent it. You want to know how many times i get the reply "Can you pleases be specific, and tell us what server/realm your referring to, and your characters name?" LEARN TO READ FFS!!!!!

Rightnow, form what i can work out, is probably an independant call centre staffed by three peon temps that GoA have just dragged out of catering college or something. Mythic refuse to have anything to do with the spotty oiks, and thus we get the half pint replies.

"yeah, yeah, thanks, were on it and all that... now leave us alone. No, we're not going to tell you ANYTHING about how were getting on with our investigations into the bug you so desperately reported to us, you'll just have to wait on your arse and keep paying us until someone in America reports it then you read that one line concerning it when the US patches to 3.1 and then you can wait ANOTHER 6 months whilst our company chimp translates it (badly)"

What the hell do Rightnow staff do all the time anyways??? Surely they can't be that busy that they cant type more than "Bein' dealt with, thanks..."

Feeling pretty unappreciated here, Rightnow!!!

T

tris-

i get none urgent replys the same day if its before 12 noon, or the morning after if its not. urgent i get in 1-2 hours sometimes faster.

K

kemor

Just a note about Rightnow (another?).

When you report something, a bug or whatever, be 100% sure to put ALL the information you can think of in it (character name, server, realm, date & time, zone, quest name, witnesses, etc).

Also, be sure to post the report using the CORRECT account. If you ask for something to be fixed on your AccountA using your AccountB, well that's not going to work too good (LOTS of reports are like that).

ps: if you can't get one of your account to work with rightnow, be sure that you are using different emails, one per account.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Anaphylaxis
I have forwarded your feedback to Mythic (they are the only ones responsible for the developpement of the game). If you want to contact them directly, you can write to support@darkageofcamelot.com

What that means is you've reported something wrong with the GAME - e.g. balance or whatever.

Not something GOA can do - so they pass it on to Mythic.

You know - Mythic, the company that makes the game - as opposed to GOA the company that translates and implements it in europe.

There's differences to what each can do - Mythic can't unstick your character, or restore a mistakenly deleted one, GOA can't change how Left Axe works on the fly ;)

P

parisienscot

Svart you don't say what your problem is.

Has your character been stuck at /loc 65, 65 outside the zonewall completely unable to move?

Or did you find a set of gloves with 3% matter resist when it should have been 3% body resist? ;)

N

Nairyk

Mebbe u posted to many typos and they cant understand :)

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by The Real Redi
Feeling pretty unappreciated here, Rightnow!!!

Worse then the GF i swear to god...

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by kemor
Just a note about Rightnow (another?).

When you report something, a bug or whatever, be 100% sure to put ALL the information you can think of in it (character name, server, realm, date & time, zone, quest name, witnesses, etc).

Also, be sure to post the report using the CORRECT account. If you ask for something to be fixed on your AccountA using your AccountB, well that's not going to work too good (LOTS of reports are like that).

ps: if you can't get one of your account to work with rightnow, be sure that you are using different emails, one per account.

Here is exactly what I put in my first query in RightNever:

"Hi - I did the Smoking Sentry Axe one time drop today (Muspelheim zone, Excal/Mid) with my main character Svartmetall...and Sentry Incin didn't drop the axe. What do I do? He dropped it fine for my alt Collateral Damage earlier (I'm trying to get a pair for my upcoming Zerker)...I'm 100% sure I did everything right to get him to drop (i.e. getting him to spawn), he just didn't drop the axe when I killed him."

...you can see that all the details you mention are there (my email addresses are also in the query, and I only have one account). The only thing that isn't there is any sign of GOA acknowledging that I exist.

I'm not having a go at you, kemor, but this is just not acceptable. I don't even need the bleeding axe anymore, I did it again with Nocturno Culto and now Jagdpanzer has two of them...but it's the principle of the thing.

A

allnewdave

I see your point Filmgoblin but you dont by a car and expect the dealer not to sort out its problems.

........i always liked the way Goa translates it from US to English... that must take them so long, bet that guy has a nice fat overtime cheque each patch.

K

Krakatau

Not going into details unless asked for, but...
1: I used to prasie CS up until about 3 months ago...
2: I was sickend in blatant negli***** (bah, can't spell tonight - thus censoring myself:) )

But back to the core thing again..

I've always tried to report any problem with account/server/char...

But it seems they replay with a standard mail: please state account/server etc just to gain time sometimes...makes me mad...

But one thing helped a lot in this patch...do some lowbie quests that are screwed up with a /lvl char (i.e Ick quest to get the ring of spun silk quest for instance)

Then delete that poor char..faster than to get CS to help you :p
ANd just hand over some needed quest items...
Maybe a solution for +40 chars to ?? ;) give /lvl 40 :D

S

svartmetall

*bump*

21st. of August and still no response at all.
Anyone else think this is utterly taking the piss on the part of a "customer service" department?

T

Tilda

I dont realy see why you expect a GOA member of staff to frequent these boards just to answer your questions.
If they havent replyed to your rightnow, either put it in again as a new rightnow, or email kemor.

Tilda

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Tilda
I dont realy see why you expect a GOA member of staff to frequent these boards just to answer your questions.
If they havent replyed to your rightnow, either put it in again as a new rightnow, or email kemor.

Tilda
Well apparently they don't frequent RightNever, so here was worth a try.
And given my experience with RightNever - i.e. not a peep out of GOA ever - you'll understand if your suggestion of trying another RightNow doesn't exactly fill me with optimism.
I will email Kemor, though.

A

agreiloth

Originally posted by Tilda

Tilda

If it's Excal related try Zargar though I'm pretty sure both Kemor and Zargar would appreciate NOT getting support requests in their inbox ;)

Use rightnow, and remember to use "your" volunteer's as well, we all have "agreed" to spend some extra time helping GoA and our fellow player's and if I'm contacted by a fellow player I allways see that they get an answer (it might not be positive though ;))

C

chretien

As mentioned before there's likely to be a weighting/urgency system in place. Stuff like stuck characters, major bugs and subscription problems are going to be at the top of the list. Your level 50 not getting a low level one time drop is likely to be at the bottom of the list I'd have thought. Have you tried redoing it in case the quest has been reset at all?

S

svartmetall

No, like I say, it's the principle of the thing.

I pay money to play this game.

Both times I have used Rightnever I have received NO response form GOA at all. Nothing. Rien. Zilch. Dim byd o gwbl. Bugger all.

Even if it's just a quick one-liner to say "we got your message, sorry but we're busy with bigger stuff ATM but we'll be on it" I wouldn't mind so much. At least then I'd know they acknowledged my existence as a paying customer...as things stand, sorry but it's just not good enough. It's not about the smegging axe, it's about my rights to at least BASIC customer service from the company to whom I pay money to play.

And I know for fact I'm not the only one, by a long way, who has endured similar dismissive apathy on the part of GOA's "customer service".

Anyway, enough, close this thread or something, I've said my piece and that's it.

D

Driwen

you can close it yourself btw its in the options on the right below (admin options iirc)

anyway just out of curiousity in what category did you send the reports in? As I always get a fast respond from goa and so do alot of other people.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Anaphylaxis
I see your point Filmgoblin but you dont by a car and expect the dealer not to sort out its problems.

If you say "My Porsche isn't aerodynamic enough" they're not gonna fix that ;)

G

greenfingers

Think I got special edition treatment .. mailed back after 2½ weeks, after I forgot why I mailed them ofc ...

B

Beanie

Mine has been on for over 2 months now..I have had 2 replies one that said sorry for the late reply as they have been having problems, Yeah thanks for reading my question !! but no answer to the problem and the second to say they were having problems accessing my details..
In other words if we post crap in your question it might just dissapear and make us look good as if we solved it for you.
My level 40 epic weapon was / is broken..It is no longer any use to me thanks for the "Rightnow" response.
And im still waiting a reply that shows they actually have read my question before posting over 2 months later!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom