[SUGGESTION] 6 Simple Web Site Changes

[UKLans]Khan

Fledgling Freddie
Hello,

I know there is a lot of hate for the Flash based site but I think there are a couple of things GOA could do to make the whole thing feel a lot better. It actually has a lot of content but is let down by the lack of polish.

Here are 6 simple things I think could increase the look/feel of the site:

1. Remove "We are hiring" link and replace with graphic for Realm War pages. This is much more relevant and related to the game.

2. Increase news posts from 5 to 10 on the main page to allow more details of recent events without having to go to archives. Maybe even the top live of the news post as the text there now isn't always very helpful.

3. Menu - Remove "Partnership", "First Steps" and any sub items that are not active, this is a released product and shouldn't have "under construction" sections on the main site! What does that say about the game to new players?

4. When viewing the news post add additional right padding as the text seems a little to close to the edge of the page.

5. The background image/graphic on the my account page in my opinion could be better, maybe even smaller so you can see more options on the screen.

6. The help form should be clear and easy to complete. French is the default language even though I'm viewing the site in English. If you include a character like @ or <> in the text box a message "Data format is invalid" is shown, these could be removed serverside (they are usually remove to stop injection attacks). I had this problem before when saying I was getting pings <10ms but took a while to work out what was wrong. People who use the help form are already having problems, don't annoy them again at this stage :)

Hope these are constructive and sensible suggestions. Let me know your views.

Khan

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
All sensible things which should have been like that ages ago, but - alas - we all know the time-frames GOA operate under.

othmaar

Fledgling Freddie
7. Make a cookie based bypass for the obtrusive advertising "buy now" license splash page. I already bought the game dammit and its insulting to have to traverse marketing obstacles on my way to the news :)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
OMG @ GOA Support. :twak:

I actually made a help-form request as why I had to select English language on the form, when I already was viewing the page in English.

And the reply I got was that I could type /language 1 and set the game-client to English.

legar

Loyal Freddie
OMG @ GOA Support. :twak:

I actually made a help-form request as why I had to select English language on the form, when I already was viewing the page in English.

And the reply I got was that I could type /language 1 and set the game-client to English.

lol yeah the goa support is very horrible, they never answer but always give out complete random answers. looks like talking to a retard :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom