6 months to get a NHS transfer...

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
...from one hospital to another...

my file isn't even that fuckin big!

Hmmm.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I wanted my treatment to continue at a new hospital as I had moved 200+ miles from the old one.

It's taken 6 months to send my info & my file to the new hospital and as such I've only just been able to book an appointment Oo.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
I'm with Benenden, so try to use them for pretty much everything I can to be honest.. Still can't get the NHS completely out the loop unless I go BUPA (Loadsa money...)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
While this is no excuse (if anything, even more of a forehead slap moment), don't all of the core NHS database systems differ from county to county? It's quite shocking to think about really...

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Kirenna there's only a few systems nationally for this sort of thing, most referals now are done electronically, even GP to GP transfer of patient data is done daily, with paper records being sent a week later if the practice at the recieving end aren't "paperlight".

6 months? You've been told porkies - the hospital have cocked up and forgotten to book you in or an admin has removed you from the system by mistake and sent you to another health board.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The NHS computer system was suppose to help but being a government project it is already massively late, over budget and now going to be scaled back :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
The NHS computer system was suppose to help but being a government project it is already massively late, over budget and now going to be scaled back :)

From the NHS projects I've been involved in I'd put money on it being delayed by both "I.T." consultants, middle management and Doctors who want the the system to do the job for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom