5th SC slot question

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I have noticed on this website that there will be crafted shields with +3 to shield on them. I was wondering, is it possible to ALSO craft in a gem with plus to shield?

On a similar note for the hauberks that come with +3 to all melee etc would it be possible to craft in a plus hammer gem on that if you wanted?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
i guess this will come with 1.88? so we dont have to worry about them if your on eu servers

though, as a ex-crafter, i would say that you cant cause its the same gem

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
1.87 brings 5th slot bonuses to shields. For tanks its typically 5 str cap or +3 shield. Furthermore the +3 shield CAN be stacked with normally embued shield points.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Im not a experienced tank player, so onely interested of shields in the line of a extra slot for stats. Does this +3 to shield do any good at all for classes that cant spec shield?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Cadelin said:
On a similar note for the hauberks that come with +3 to all melee etc would it be possible to craft in a plus hammer gem on that if you wanted?

yes you can.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Rhana said:
Im not a experienced tank player, so onely interested of shields in the line of a extra slot for stats. Does this +3 to shield do any good at all for classes that cant spec shield?

No, it has no effect on classes that cant spec shield. All non-shield spec classes should be using one of the other sigil shields (+str cap, + dex cap.. etc...)

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
As Ballard posted, you can. The slot isn't seen as a 'gem type' as it were.

I have a shield query, I have this on US servers:

It's on my lvl 50 Shammy, don't need the buff bonus anymore, but was wondering why the buff bonus doesn't work. Any ideas? Bugged item maybe?

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Maybe it needs to be SCed with 4 bonuses , there was a bug where if you SCed less than 4 bonuses onto the item the 5th slot wouldnt work , not sure if they fixed that or not.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
kiliarien said:
It's on my lvl 50 Shammy, don't need the buff bonus anymore, but was wondering why the buff bonus doesn't work. Any ideas? Bugged item maybe?

I read somewhere that you needed to take the weapon to an enchanter before the 5th slot bonuses worked. You have 0% bonus on that shield, so take it to an enchanter and try that!

Just to follow up my original post, as the bonuses can be stacked I can basically get +8 to shield on my shield?
So
+5 shield
+22 dex
+5% resist
+5% resist
+3 shield - 5th slot
Should be possible?

Edit: Also I have just noticed that mid can only get +3 shield on large shields. This seems odd to me as Thane can spec shield but only use medium shields (or has this been changed in a recent patch?)

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Cadelin said:
Edit: Also I have just noticed that mid can only get +3 shield on large shields. This seems odd to me as Thane can spec shield but only use medium shields (or has this been changed in a recent patch?)

Aye there was a few shield changes in the 1.87 patch..

Shield changes

Warden: Increase from medium to large shield
Champ: Increase from medium to large shield
Thane: Increase from medium to large shield
Skald: Increase from small to medium shield

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
I read somewhere that you needed to take the weapon to an enchanter before the 5th slot bonuses worked. You have 0% bonus on that shield, so take it to an enchanter and try that!

Just to follow up my original post, as the bonuses can be stacked I can basically get +8 to shield on my shield?
So
+5 shield
+22 dex
+5% resist
+5% resist
+3 shield - 5th slot
Should be possible?

I think the enchanter does the trick. I carry 4 enchanted +5%BB armor parts for soloing in Classic, they work fine, and iirc they don't have any gems imbued on them.

Yes, you can get +8shield :)

And yep, thanes get large shield in 1.87.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom