500£ laptop

- English -

Resident Freddy
mainly for office work and not gaming, any ideas? i got no idea about laptops but its for my uncle.

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
Bit more choice but keeeing it on Ebuyer: http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/cat/Notebooks/Laptops/subcat/AMD

All look pretty decent "office" specs, it all depends if you want to think of the future and actually invest in centrino technology [ wireless ]

Hope it helps :)

Edit: Just fcked up :p Centrino is Processor / Wireless technology inbuilt onto the processor chip, these here are AMD with wireless cards built in :)

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Shop arround man, I have seen loads advertised on the TV by high street retailers that are pretty good for about £500 if u look on the web you would get something pretty funky I would imagine.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I got a Ex Display Acer for £509
1.83 dual core
2gb of ram
512mb gfx (Nvidia)
Wireless
Webcam

So i would say check out Comets Currys ect for there end of line ex display deals :)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
I got a Ex Display Acer for £509
1.83 dual core
2gb of ram
512mb gfx (Nvidia)
Wireless
Webcam

So i would say check out Comets Currys ect for there end of line ex display deals :)

And then if it breaks take about 6 month trying to get it returned. Currys are cvnts when it comes to that.

soze

I am a FH squatter
And then if it breaks take about 6 month trying to get it returned. Currys are cvnts when it comes to that.

Yeah thats why i got a upgraded support contract direct from Acer £60 for same day on site 4 hour i think :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom